Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah and it's a great idea till they nerf your spec to the ground, you'll end up so far behind that you'll never catch up and the game is pretty much over.
    You know, like in the "hotfix" going out in a few days.
    YES seriously I feel like they're trying to trap people into their specs so people can't reroll FOTM, they don't realize it's just going to kill off PvP players instead. We always reroll when our class gets shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by blainicus View Post
    YES seriously I feel like they're trying to trap people into their specs so people can't reroll FOTM, they don't realize it's just going to kill off PvP players instead. We always reroll when our class gets shit on.
    Indeed. It was a bad idea to begin with and it's even worse now that the decided to go against their own promises and nerf specs like crazy.

Deleted
    2016 people still thinks that WoW is a PvP game or they will balance arround PvP ever. Get into PvE or just abandon WoW, the PvP sucks and was always this bad.

Yeah and it's a great idea till they nerf your spec to the ground, you'll end up so far behind that you'll never catch up and the game is pretty much over.
    If you want to switch to a secondary spec, with the increased research you're really not that far behind.

People in this thread put way too much emphasis on what level your artifact is. Unless you're a hardcore raider or a PVPer actually competing for the top ranks, there's very little difference between rank 21 and rank 15 of the artifact weapon. And once you get most of the way through your artifact theres little reason to hurry since you will emphasize the best traits first. For example, as a resto shaman I am almost to my second golden trait and then from there the only ones I have left are marginal upgrades. So I'm not going to rush it from there.

The only one who is pressuring you to do the artifact grind is YOU. If your guild or friends are so hardcore they want you to grind it out, and you don't want to, then you're with the wrong group. Find a team that fits your playstyle and just relax. Not doing one or two days worth of world quests isn't going to kill you, especially the higher rank you are in the artifact. I haven't done any world quests except for my emissary caches in the last two days and I'm still only one or two ranks behind my guildmates...on an alt that I leveled up the second week of the expansion.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    If you want to switch to a secondary spec, with the increased research you're really not that far behind.

People in this thread put way too much emphasis on what level your artifact is. Unless you're a hardcore raider or a PVPer actually competing for the top ranks, there's very little difference between rank 21 and rank 15 of the artifact weapon. And once you get most of the way through your artifact theres little reason to hurry since you will emphasize the best traits first. For example, as a resto shaman I am almost to my second golden trait and then from there the only ones I have left are marginal upgrades. So I'm not going to rush it from there.

The only one who is pressuring you to do the artifact grind is YOU. If your guild or friends are so hardcore they want you to grind it out, and you don't want to, then you're with the wrong group. Find a team that fits your playstyle and just relax. Not doing one or two days worth of world quests isn't going to kill you, especially the higher rank you are in the artifact. I haven't done any world quests except for my emissary caches in the last two days and I'm still only one or two ranks behind my guildmates...on an alt that I leveled up the second week of the expansion.
    Not all classes are able to just switch to another spec though, like warriors. There is is only arms.
    Changeing class is the only option there.

The artifact system makes it impossible to do so without falling way behind though.
    It's something that will drive a lot of players away from the game for sure.

I'm fine right now. I play a mage but the risk is there. If fire was to be nerfed I'd be stuck with the spec and unable to do the content I like for a long time. That would also put me way behind in gear and it would lead to me being unable to play the game anymore.

Why Blizzard would have this system in the game is beyond me. It's utterly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    2016 people still thinks that WoW is a PvP game or they will balance arround PvP ever. Get into PvE or just abandon WoW, the PvP sucks and was always this bad.
    All I want to do is pvp but somehow in a game where pvp is a side game that has always been poorly balanced I can't be the max I want to be. It is almost like there is more to do in the game besides pvp and if I only want to pvp that is my choice and it will take me longer to be maxed out. Who could of guessed this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Lol,I'm fine with 1-2 hours per day.
    1-2 hours ends up with the next patch coming and you haven't finished everything before that patch and you miss out on the new stuff if you choose to finish the old stuff
    there was people still doing hellfire and trying to gear up with arena just before legion launch
    and i tried explaining that quest gear will replace most of their stuff so quickly it was pointless of them to do what they were doing

they are the type of people who didn't play enough soon enough and ended up with the next expansion coming before they finished the current/previous one
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Not all classes are able to just switch to another spec though, like warriors. There is is only arms.

The artifact system makes it impossible to do so without falling way behind though.

I'm fine right now. I play a mage but the risk is there. If fire was to be nerfed I'd be stuck with the spec and unable to do the content I like for a long time. That would also put me way behind in gear and it would lead to me being unable to play the game anymore.

Why Blizzard would have this system in the game is beyond me. It's utterly stupid.
    Because maybe we are 3 weeks into be expansion and one isn't suppose to be maxed on the weapon that we are suppose to be working on the whole expansion. You do know artifact research will make it possible to catch up quickly it is the fact we are only 3'weeks in that your research bonus's aren't so noticeable yet. Even though for me I get more the double the AP already and it only goes up from here.

Not really a solution, because I don't have the same amount of free time a lot of people do. In the past it was never a problem, because gear was finishable.
    So your upset that player X puts in more time then you therefore does more damage then you.

Welcome to WoW its been this day since day 1. Before the weapons it was just gear.

Ether put in the time or don't play.

Edit: For the most part everyone is on equal footing anyway due to the stat boost.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-24 at 01:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    This.

/pvechars

Deleted
    Conquest points say "Hi, remember me?". Not even a week into the new season and you're complaining about the grind that has always been there.

Deleted
    Bye. Casual.

I know what they're meant to be, and that's the problem. There can never be an even playing field as long as these things exist. Some people live and breathe PvE and get way ahead on damage.
    World Quests, daily heroic, artifact knowledge, PvP....you can do those and stay up on your AP. You do NOT have to raid. Don't worry about it- you're reading WAAAAAAAAY too much into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    All I want to do is pvp but somehow in a game where pvp is a side game that has always been poorly balanced I can't be the max I want to be. It is almost like there is more to do in the game besides pvp and if I only want to pvp that is my choice and it will take me longer to be maxed out. Who could of guessed this?
    PvP has NEVER been the main point of WoW...ever. If all you want to do is pvp then that is your choice. Welcome to the world of MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Its called "catch up mechanics". So you won't fall "way behind". As Blizzard has stated a million times already...you will always be able to be within 1-2% of your first artifact. Jesus......don't people watch the Dev Q&A's?????

- - - Updated - - -

3 weeks in with 2 years to go and you think its "all over". Wow...just....wow....the entitlement factor here is pretty deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really a solution, because I don't have the same amount of free time a lot of people do. In the past it was never a problem, because gear was finishable.
    That's a "you" problem. Play more or accept that you won't be on par with people that put in more time and effort then you are willing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    If you consider artifact grind as content then i feel really sorry for ya... How does doing the same thing every day for 2 years is considered more content?

Its just dailies with no end... Even in mist of pandaria, there was a point you did not need to do any more dailies... Now this is world of dailycraft at the highest level.

I am not saying is good or bad, but surely repeating content =/= more content
    It's random with more WQ's being added in every patch. It's like you ignored everything Blizzard said just to help fit your false narrative. Go play another game as this one is clearly NOT for you.

- - - Updated - - -

+1

I don't mind doing some things once but there should be an end to it.
    Oh...so...you wanna go back to sitting in city's and doing nothing or sitting in garrisons and having followers do everything? It's an MMO. Go and play CoD.

People complain about WoD being too easy and now they complain about Legion actually making you do shit such as grinds. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Good, I'm glad that people are realizing the troubles this all gives, have you tried to do world quests too? You'd take at least a 1-2 months just to get the first Pathfinder part for flying and that's If you're lucky. The grinding for reputation Isn't that worth It, and It's super slow... and unless you do the Emissary quests which give 1500 Reputation for completing, you're just doing the regular world quests which on average give 75 reputation... which Is slow as hell. The Argent Tournament dailies gave you like 220 or something PER daily, and you have up to 10 dailies per day. And within a month, less even you had Silver Covenant/Crusade rep done. Also the Emissary quests are random, you could be doing 3 reputations to Exalted, whilst 1 reputation remains at Honoured cause you didn't get the Emissary quest for that reputation... It's better to have specific quests for the reputations, not random like this. The World Quests by themselves are not good for reputation unless you do the ones that are Half Warden Half whatever reputation zone you're In, the WANTED stuff. But that's also for groups but gives about 300 reputation or so. Now that's worth It, whilst the ones like... go make wine In Suramar because you're such a great hero and only you can make the best wine, give very little.

I PvP myself, less now as blizzard decided to ban my main account and my main char for whatever reason they refuse to tell me... thanks Blizzard, 10/10 real customer friendly to treat your loyal players who stuck around for 11 years by treating them as the devil himself out of nowhere.

And so the PvPing that I did In Legion Is long and hard... whosoever spends every little day grinding up Artifact Power, has an obvious advantage as the full artifact unlocked Is pretty good despite each trait being nothing more then "Plus 5 % damage on ability A" and other then the 3 giant traits you have per Artifact which are the only worthwhile things to have, you're wasting time putting AP Into silly damage buffing Traits like mentioned above.

So yes, PvPers at a disadvantage, whilst PvE'ers get the Ilevel of their weapon raised over time as they do dungeons, heroics, mythics, raids... we get stuck with the same Ish Ilevel that only goes up so far and In less frequency then Raiders do. Again, as I said before Legion launched, play the game first, It's almost been a month now, people are already seeing flaws with the game, It doesn't take 3 days Into an expansion to learn if It's bad or not. Every expansion Is good and new and flashy at the start, but the question always Is If it's good In the Long term or not, and now people are finding out that It's kinda not... not unless you play every, single, day and If you don't, you get stuck behind there are no catch up mechanics so said Blizzard.
    You are 100% wrong. First off I have accomplished almost everything for pathfinder just by playing the game. I'm revered with my factions except for 2 which are close. No catch up mechanics??????? Said Blizzard?????? LIES!!!! They infact said that their ARE CATCH UP MECHANICS!!!!! Jesus christ...go on youtube and watch the dev Q&A's so you can realize just how dumb you sound right now. You literally pulled those comments out of your butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you trying to do with your artifact? You're not supposed to be able to finish it quickly.

Once you get it to about 860 it gets intentionally difficult to level it higher, because 860 is more or less the ilvl cap right now.

The other people you're pvping against will have virtually the same ilvl as you, they're not getting much further ahead.

If feeling at a disadvantage was what lead you to think this way, it probably isn't the disparity between your AP and your opponents AP that is causing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lot of people in here who don't understand how their artifact works.

Your artifact knowledge is a catch up mechanic, it takes less time to research the percentile bonuses depending on how far you are behind and normalizes in research speed once your artifact catches up to where you're supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    What are you trying to do with your artifact? You're not supposed to be able to finish it quickly.

Once you get it to about 860 it gets intentionally difficult to level it higher, because 860 is more or less the ilvl cap right now.

The other people you're pvping against will have virtually the same ilvl as you, they're not getting much further ahead.

If feeling at a disadvantage was what lead you to think this way, it probably isn't the disparity between your AP and your opponents AP that is causing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lot of people in here who don't understand how their artifact works.

Your artifact knowledge is a catch up mechanic, it takes less time to research the percentile bonuses depending on how far you are behind and normalizes in research speed once your artifact catches up to where you're supposed to be.

Some would rather rage cluelessly then actually know the facts it seems. It isn't even a month yet and here they are already. How quickly they forgot at this point last expansion they cried we have nothing to do and now it it too much. Irony is lost on most on this site it seems too.

I know what they're meant to be, and that's the problem. There can never be an even playing field as long as these things exist. Some people live and breathe PvE and get way ahead on damage.
    This game never had an even playing field. Some specs are better than others, some artifacts have more DMG tools and others have more defensive tools, and always, always, always, people who played 10 hours per day have better gear than people who plays 4 hours. It's fun you say game isn't now even, when WoW never was, not now, and certainly not in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if this were WoD you'd still not be done gearing up with conquest gear so I don't know what you're talking about. Artifact power is essentially conquest gear this expansion, except that you have the option to either PvP or PvE for your artifact power.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    But if this were WoD you'd still not be done gearing up with conquest gear so I don't know what you're talking about. Artifact power is essentially conquest gear this expansion, except that you have the option to either PvP or PvE for your artifact power.
    Stop with the facts people want to rage on here damn the facts.