Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    so it means frost and unholy will be equal mostly ?
    Frost is moving from Unacceptably low to bottom mid tier

Unholy is top mid tier

so they are both squarely in the "mid tier" bracket exactly where DPS should want to be, though Unholy has a better suited toolkit for every EN and NH fight you should be able to play effectively either spec and not feel ostracized.

also remember the top outliers are receiving larger nerfs than frost is receiving buffs bringing the whole DPS spectrum closer together.

this all happens 36 hours after i spent my banked 52k AP "Hakuna Matata" guess more Mythic+ spam

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    so it means frost and unholy will be equal mostly ?
    https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    As everyone is treating the simc results like the holy grail, I added a plain 10% buff (imho a realistic value for an average player) to frost and this is the result:

UH: 256k DPS
    F: 252k DPS

So we are at 98,438% of UHs ST simc DPS after the patch. Is this equal enough or should we start crying to also get the still missing 1,6%?
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-24 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    As everyone is treating the simc results as the holy grail, I added a plain 10% buff to frost and this is the result:

UH: 256k DPS
    F: 252k DPS

So we are at 98.438% of UHs ST simc DPS after the patch. Is this equal enough or should we start crying to also get the missing 1,6%?
    1% simmed is basically even. As actual results arent close to sim. I am happy if all specs are within balance and not completely destroying each other. However, All frost has is it's damage(yes it still has a BRez, yes Magic Ball MAY come in handy for some encounters....however that's about all we bring to the table aside from our damage....It should theoretically be much higher than it is, but I will just shut my mouth and be happy we even got decent buffs.

FINALLY frost players get the buff they wanted and needed. Now no more complaining about how frost sucks or how unholy sucks because it's better than frost but you frost dks hate playing unholy. From what it looks like both specs will be practically equal. I may start working on my off spec frost weap now that frost is better but I'm still sticking with unholy. I'm just glad frost got buffed because I was tired of reading all this complaining. It's so funny how they butchered dhs and arms warriors. They were gods for 1 week and come Tuesday not as much. Demo suddenly jumped up to first on the latest sim craft sims pulling current arms warrior numbers @ 330k. Blizz balancing team has no idea how to balance lol.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-09-24 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Unholy with necrosis and all will serve all be better by at least 7% on single target but frost should be better in most aoe scenarios with frostscythe.
    I find that hard to believe considering the stipulations Frost has to make their aoe good are a lot more strict compared to Unholy. Not that I mind the spec being good, but it still has a generally worse setup/kit for raiding than Unholy. Will likely show more in Mythic+ dungeons than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    FINALLY frost players get the buff they wanted and needed. Now no more complaining about how frost sucks or how unholy sucks because it's better than frost but you frost dks hate playing unholy. From what it looks like both specs will be practically equal. I may start working on my off spec frost weap now that frost is better but I'm still sticking with unholy. I'm just glad frost got buffed because I was tired of reading all this complaining. It's so funny how they butchered dhs and arms warriors. They were gods for 1 week and come Tuesday not as much. Demo suddenly jumped up to first on the latest sim craft sims pulling current arms warrior numbers @ 330k. Blizz balancing team has no idea how to balance lol.
    The QQ would have been far worse if frost was the top spec and unholy was garbage level like frost was.

Anyone know if the changes are in yet? Specifically Remorseless Winter? I know some went through and some didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Anyone know if the changes are in yet? Specifically Remorseless Winter? I know some went through and some didn't.
    Tuesday for US, Wednesday for EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Tuesday for US, Wednesday for EU
    That feel when you aren't American.

time will see, still not happy about losing the 2 hander for Frost builds. I enjoy DW, but it was a nice switch to go 2hander Frost for the burst dmg.

Gratz guys you get your buff!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeljavao View Post
    Gratz guys you get your buff!!
    Hold yer horses, we went from just above tank deeps and below 10% of the second last spot to -+1% of the second last spot on single target. Aoe though, we are gonna take off baby!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Frost is moving from Unacceptably low to bottom mid tier

Unholy is top mid tier

so they are both squarely in the "mid tier" bracket exactly where DPS should want to be, though Unholy has a better suited toolkit for every EN and NH fight you should be able to play effectively either spec and not feel ostracized.

also remember the top outliers are receiving larger nerfs than frost is receiving buffs bringing the whole DPS spectrum closer together.

this all happens 36 hours after i spent my banked 52k AP "Hakuna Matata" guess more Mythic+ spam
    Let me correct you. Unholy WAS top mid tier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Let me correct you. Unholy WAS top mid tier
    It still is. A few buffs to Warlocks won't change that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormyr07 View Post
    It still is. A few buffs to Warlocks won't change that.
    A few buffs to every class beneath us.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    That is on an utterly immobile fight, demonology is destroyed by any movement whatsoever. The casting windows for that sort of performance are incredibly narrow and take a good 15-20 seconds setup.

Also the sims are... unreliable atm, the prio lists and actions taken are not very well tuned which is completely reasonable given just how new this expansion is. A lot of people are treating the sims with as much trust as their late expansion versions, that is just not the case.

I actually prefer this iteration of Frost to this iteration of Unholy so I'm happy which one I preferred has swapped several times since Wrath and I'm sure it will swap again.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-09-24 at 11:47 PM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Im interested if someone has this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=137539/f...ure&bonus=1826 and tried seeing how much it impacts our single target damage. On paper it just looks insane for Frost Dk, with our frost damage buffs and our attack speed.

Quote Originally Posted by loanel View Post
    Im interested if someone has this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=137539/f...ure&bonus=1826 and how much does it impact our single target dps, and it's procrate. On paper it looks just insane for us with our frost damage buffs and attack speed.
    I don't have info about the proc rate but I use it and it's a significant amount of my dps. It's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by loanel View Post
    Im interested if someone has this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=137539/f...ure&bonus=1826 and tried seeing how much it impacts our single target damage. On paper it just looks insane for Frost Dk, with our frost damage buffs and our attack speed.
    Proc rate is 20 per minute, last 30 seconds so you normally get around 10.

Its really solid, and you want to try and get a high Ilvl version if you can

honestly obliteration still simming at the top just shows how bad the other 2 are its a 8 second buff and you probably end up getting atleast one KM proc while its up anyways if not 2