Thread: Star's Design

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I found out that if you use the toy "The Schools of Arcane Magic - Mastery" while in the new Dalaran, it gets you in the same rooms as in WotLK, but in the new version, there is a door that is only interactable if you're a mage from what I've seen (tried with two of my alts, a warrior and a rogue, but both are not 110 yet, so that might be related?). When you get outside, there's a ledge, from which you can jump and get into another small room with multiple NPCs. That might be something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Willah View Post
    I found out that if you use the toy "The Schools of Arcane Magic - Mastery" while in the new Dalaran, it gets you in the same rooms as in WotLK, but in the new version, there is a door that is only interactable if you're a mage from what I've seen (tried with two of my alts, a warrior and a rogue, but both are not 110 yet, so that might be related?). When you get outside, there's a ledge, from which you can jump and get into another small room with multiple NPCs. That might be something to look into.
    I have been there before, and checked again just now as i have AK4. so far nothing sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I have been there before, and checked again just now as i have AK4. so far nothing sadly.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure there won't be anything there, but found it to be strange.

It would be kind of stupid if they gated it behind a toy that is such a pain to get.

It's quite possibly unrelated because human brains love to find patterns where there are none but... The Il'gynoth quote is followed immediately by this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    No idea if it's related but I came across something that seems weird. Haven't tested this with other classes so can't say it's only fire mages.

I died in Suramar and got to the spirit healer in "Terrace of Enlightenment" which is inside Suramar City just outside Court of Stars. And at one specific spot just a bit outside where the Spirit Healer is, I get the Gryphon flying mount (as a ghost), I can go as high as possible at the spot, but as soon as I'm outside that spot the Gryphon mount is removed. I have taken a screenshot to show where I get the Gryphon and where the spirit healer is. I marked the entrance to the spirit healer with a red circle. The coords is (51.8, 60.5).

http://imgur.com/sZGMcER
    Circle of Stars. Suramar = a circle. Coincidence?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willah View Post
    That room that you teleport to is used as part of the Mage class campaign when investigating Archmage Vargoth.

That ledge and room that you can glide to, The Purple Parlor, is pretty cool though. In old Dalaran there used to be a portal to go there from the citadel but it seems like there aren't any portals at all for the Broken Isles Dalaran. Nothing in there though apart from some named NPCs and a drinks vendor.

Deleted
    Today I found this on wowhead in warlock's hidden artifact appearance comment section:
    The fire mage artifact is unlocked at 4 AK. They receive a whisper about some crackling portal and then takes the hidden appearance. Maybe ours is gated too.
    Anyone got something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigens View Post
    Today I found this on wowhead in warlock's hidden artifact appearance comment section:

I have got four levels of research and nada.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigens View Post

Thats the frost one.

Ok so i have been following this thread for days now and the only thing no one is mentioning is something i saw like 10 mins ago, which probably isn't the blade but it might be. Im kinda retarded so idk how to copy it but it is the description for the withered j'im world boss. It says that he got exiled and wandered along the coast line until he found an energy shard originating from the NIGHTWELL. It also says that the time in his cave is frozen because of that energy/shard. The part with the nightwell gives hope but the time freezing information kinda destroys it, cause maybe it has to do something with the arcane one ?? Idk if anyone killed him on the beta, is he holding the sword while u fight him ?? I went to his cave searched everything but it just looks like and ordinary cave without any nightborne things in it or even anything related to magic. Im not positive that its him but he could be the one that atleast knows something about the blade. Cant wait to see what you guys think about this theory and sry for the "not best" english :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haniballs View Post
    Ok so i have been following this thread for days now and the only thing no one is mentioning is something i saw like 10 mins ago, which probably isn't the blade but it might be. Im kinda retarded so idk how to copy it but it is the description for the withered j'im world boss. It says that he got exiled and wandered along the coast line until he found an energy shard originating from the NIGHTWELL. It also says that the time in his cave is frozen because of that energy/shard. The part with the nightwell gives hope but the time freezing information kinda destroys it, cause maybe it has to do something with the arcane one ?? Idk if anyone killed him on the beta, is he holding the sword while u fight him ?? I went to his cave searched everything but it just looks like and ordinary cave without any nightborne things in it or even anything related to magic. Im not positive that its him but he could be the one that atleast knows something about the blade. Cant wait to see what you guys think about this theory and sry for the "not best" english :P
    First things first: paragraphs. All joking aside, I did Withered J'im on Beta. I can't say if he was holding the skin but that room becomes exactly as the description says. Inside the room you will move slowly and get a ghostly effect and a huge damage reduction aura. On beta it was a miserable fight for many reasons, mostly related to World Quests being buggy but also due to the sure FPS drop that all will meet when we fight this dude. Anyway, sorry I couldn't help with the skin.

If I had to guess it's still a Suramar drop, just have to wait until the right AK level. If I also had to guess not all are AK level 4. They probably ramp up from there based on their lore/history/prestige. Fire one doesn't seem like it would be there right away, unfortunately. I'm willing to bet AK6-8. I'm also going under my own belief that all will be unlocked by AK10 (achievement: Artifact or Artifiction) and that my Thunderfury and Corrupted Ashbringer are AK10+

Nvm what I said got hopes up but turns out its for something else, MMOchamp wont let me edit my post. =(

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Timmage/simple

Apparently its still a zone drop but locked behind AK5.

Quote Originally Posted by Paska View Post

time to go back and read the ridiculous tinfoil hat posts again

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    time to go back and read the ridiculous tinfoil hat posts again
    Yeah, if this is how we get it I'll be a bit disappointed. Not because of wasted time on theories but just because its so simple.

I agree, am disappointed but optimistic for Arcane still...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paska View Post

how do you know that it is gated behind AK5? just curious because i cant find any way to check his AK level.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezeWasabi View Post
    how do you know that it is gated behind AK5? just curious because i cant find any way to check his AK level.
    He confirmed it in Discord. AK5, random Suramar drop. Just like beta.

That is extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    He confirmed it in Discord. AK5, random Suramar drop. Just like beta.
    Laaaaaammmmmmme
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Deleted
    Can I just say how f-ing lame this is? Holy shit, I'd rather do 20 steps of some fancy thing than this. I feel bad for everyone who put up time into checking clues that were pointless.