Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Excluded from the market? How? You should be selling that "lot of potions and flasks" and regaining any money you put into it. Flasks/utility potions were selling for ungodly amounts with the release of Emerald Nightmare.

Why you would take alch without herb is beyond me. It's like willingly handicapping yourself.
    No, i won't regain any gold simply because people are selling flasks for less (or equal) their ah mats worth.
    Simply because they can proc extra flask and make a profit from it.
    And i can't.

They went a bit too far with it imo. I don't want to do mythic dungeons on my alt, let alone do mythic dungeons on my alt just to get rid of a profession quest. I would have preferred there to be a light version of professions that does not bombard me with quests and moneysinks I have zero interest in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's why I tell people I will make flasks for free (their mats) and give them 5k if I happen to proc my level three flask.

I actually am an Alchemist.
    Or make them for ones friends and guild for free using thier mats, extra mats you have or guild mats like I have some and now have level 3 on most. Funny thing the guild will always needs flask and potions. Also one can obliterate them for oblivium and make gold that way off them. It is actually the cheapest way to get oblivium.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I agree. I only wish we could craft something useful when it comes to gear. You get better gear just playing the game than professions ever will
    That's the biggest issue with professions ATM, my main is an engineer, and i have the quest for the max-level goggles, they start out at 815, and the quest sends me to one of the Suramar mythic dungeons... While i got a helmet that i upgraded to 820 from my order hall just for dinging 110 (I have since gotten a 845 helmet from a world quest), that's just stupid no matter how you look at it...

Then there's the new helper-bot "Reaves" which costs several felslate just to summon, and does nothing useful that Jeeves (from Wrath) or Blingtron 5000 (WoD) don't do already! >_<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Also, not having to spec into one profession if you want to raid because it gives a slightly better stat over the other ones for min/maxers is a GREAT improvement (although they introduced this in WoD, but still have to comment).
    I can't say how much I enjoy being able to pick my profession based on theme of the character rather than what's best for content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I can't say how much I enjoy being able to pick my profession based on theme of the character rather than what's best for content.
    Same.... literally all of my alts are now Engineers. I just can't go go without all the awesome utility they add. (Portals to all the expansions, mailbox/bank at will, sprint/glider at will, fun unique toys only they can use(Loot-a-Rang = best toy), AH in Dalaran, etc).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ive made over 600flasks no rank 3 flask yet!!! (ive been herbing on my pally tank smurf)

Therefore i cannot make Guild Cauldron flask, thats my ONLY letdown for profession
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Alchemy had rng long before this- your discoveries and transmutations.

It was months before my damn procs made up for the primal mights I put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If you've honestly used the correct food for work orders for the past 42 work orders (4 hours per order, 6 orders per day, 42 orders per week), and you haven't gotten a single recipe, then I'd suggest contacting Blizzard, because it definitely seems like you're bugged.

nah, it's bullshit rng when i throw in varies maybe like 2 each work order and result is burnt mats and ur wasting my goddamn mats for a fucking burnt? Get out! Why is nomi a chef cooker?? Whoever created this fuck tard fat ass should be deserved to be fired and shot in the head should be a content for us in real life.

Well if you played MoP you did. He's your apprentice. You made him that way. Clearly he needed a better teacher :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the questlines and such but the massive mats required is a bit jarring at first.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They're a lot better than WoD but they're still worse than FFXI's, vanilla WOW's and FF14 1.0's which makes no sense.

I gave my opinion on it in another thread:
    I assume they'd upgrade it to at least heroic raid quality this patch, but they didn't. It's worthless.
    They didn't even make it feel good to level or be a crafter, it's so easy to get recipes and EVERYONE can make EVERYTHING. No one's special.

No special only person on your server with the arcanite reaper recipe, no needing to find one of the 5 people with +40 spell power to weapon, nothing. There's nothing to grind for as a crafter(which is what they said the 1-3 star recipe system was for, apparently not) and no way to differentiate yourself from another random crafter #360360360360.

It sucks for EVERYONE involved.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They went a bit too far with it imo. I don't want to do mythic dungeons on my alt, let alone do mythic dungeons on my alt just to get rid of a profession quest. I would have preferred there to be a light version of professions that does not bombard me with quests and moneysinks I have zero interest in doing.
    That's kinda the point?
    You should have to put effort into obtaining recipes. They half assed it though and didn't make it take enough effort, mythic dungeons are not effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Archaeology is fucking terrible. You can't farm for rares like before, instead you get a biweekly quest and that quest gives you a "rare". Isn't the whole point of archaeology to get excited to dig up a rare? Usually I do all the archaeology stuff but this week it wants me to do 25 nightborn solves (which are like 100+ fragments each), for a shitty "rare" toy quest reward. No thanks.

Fishing is alright, although the artifact is gimmicky. I liked how they did fishing in wotlk, with the fishing daily and the bag reward. MoP also did this better imo.

Cooking is pretty bad with nomi. Again, I liked wotlk system with the daily and the tokens to buy patterns. Again, MoP did it better.

First aid is... first aid. Not much to say. I think the "go out there and heal this random npc" is quite stupid and unnecessary.

As far as main professions go I can only comment on LW, Eng and mining which are the ones I leveled.

LW was very long and tedious, and wasn't fun at all. I get what they were trying to do, but it didn't work. Go to this village, help this LW for these patterns, go back to dal, repeat this like 10x. The final quest for the moose mount already has a reputation for one of the dumbest quests blizz has made.

Eng I'm only like halfway into the questline, but so far it seems really useless. Usually every xpac engineers get some fun items like jeeves, blingtron, etc. I'm not seeing any items like this so far, all of them are consumable, you can't just keep one of those in your bag. Again I'm not sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

Mining is mining, it's crazy gold right now so I can't complain. The rank system probably works best for gathering professions.

Not really impressed with how professions work in this xpac as a whole.
    There's a blingtron 6k or something like that, and reeves is the new Jeeves with more than bank/repair features

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    There's a blingtron 6k or something like that, and reeves is the new Jeeves with more than bank/repair features
    bling 6k doesn't give you a present, just some fun stuff (just for a cost of 4.99 felslate!).
    And no banking services for reeeves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    bling 6k doesn't give you a present, just some fun stuff (just for a cost of 4.99 felslate!).
    And no banking services for reeeves.
    I wouldn't call what we got from Blingtron 5k a present either, just some fun stuff I always vendored for like 20g.

And no banking sucks (haven't finished engineering yet) but we still have Jeeves, and reeves can do things he can't
    Word and panda didn't have a new Jeeves either iirc (unless you count Walter).

Currently sitting at cooking 775, using the addon "Nomicake" for efficiency in getting new recipes...but Nomi's burning all my stuff over and over again (got ~2 recipes the last 7 days). To this point, I only got 2 recipes at rank3 (Dried Mackerel Strips & Hearty Feast), missing 5x rank2 and 19x rank3 recipes. That's pure RNG and nothing but annoying as hell...and has nothing to do with "earning" those recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's the biggest issue with professions ATM, my main is an engineer, and i have the quest for the max-level goggles, they start out at 815, and the quest sends me to one of the Suramar mythic dungeons... While i got a helmet that i upgraded to 820 from my order hall just for dinging 110 (I have since gotten a 845 helmet from a world quest), that's just stupid no matter how you look at it...

Then there's the new helper-bot "Reaves" which costs several felslate just to summon, and does nothing useful that Jeeves (from Wrath) or Blingtron 5000 (WoD) don't do already! >_<
    That's one of the main problem with professions in Legion...they are pretty much useless. You get recipes for items that are already outdated by the time you get them and the 2nd/3rd ranks are obtainable via factions, mostly at exalted. At that point, many ppl already are fully mythic+ geared and the recipes are pretty much just a waste of gold.

Example:

Enchanting - Cloak Enchantments
    Binding of Intellect - Rank 1: 10x Chaos Crystal, 30x Arkhana, 3x Blood of Sargeras
    Binding of Intellect - Rank 2: 8x Chaos Crystal, 30x Arkhana, 2x Blood of Sargeras (108g in Dalaran)
    Binding of Intellect - Rank 3: 8x Chaos Crystal, 20x Arkhana, 2x Blood of Sargeras (Requires The Nightfallen - Exalted / 2400g)

Basically, you can stop at Rank2, because the Rank3 only saves you 10 Arkhana, AFTER you grinded all the way up to exalted AND spending 2400g for the recipe...tbh, that's so stupid. Same is for tailoring (my 2nd profession), where you have 4 recipes for cloaks (ilvl 815) that all have the same stats and just differ in the needed buyable tailoring materials...why? Same with the buyable items at the faction vendors, that are so ridiculously low in ilvl for the required reputation to buy them, that noone's ever gonna buy them, but that should be discussed elsewhere.

I like the idea of going places and earning reputation to get certain recipes, but why should I do all this when there's almost no benefit from doing so? Plus many professions get stuck when you don't get your rank3 recipes (cooking rank2 turns grey at 780 afaik). They really messed up the profession-/reputation-stuff...sadly.
    Last edited by Janathema; 2016-10-25 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Professions finally feel like professions again.
    I feel like really having to put effort into it, that's a good thing if you ask me.
    I'm happy with that side of the Legion professions equation.

I'm less happy with the outcomes. I don't feel that any of the gear crafting professions produce anything valuable enough to justify the effort you need to put in.

Maybe if the ilvl 815 upgradable gears was level 101 required, like the crafted gear in WoD was level 91 required? So at least you could get mad boosts for your alts, even if other endgame gear sources meant that your main never used any self-crafted gear.

Leatherworking, Blacksmithing and Tailoring are totally pointless and have been since the raids launched in the middle of september. Inscription I can't really understand why it's still in the game. This leaves us with Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and Enchanting as viable crafting professions with engineering kind of a fun thing to have but mostly useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually love the professions in Legion, all but the Mythic dungeon quests. Hehe.

And let me share this, from a man with Engineering and Blacksmithing on the same character (due to old recipes). If you do not have gathering profession on your main, or an alt, then it is your own fault if you feel 'excluded' on the market. Then again, if you produce something, you should sell it on the Auction if you don't need it. You need to be sure your production follows your costs to create an income.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i dont mind professions i actually find it more fun, I have to actively go do stuff to earn certain things not just mass buy herbs and sit crafting to level it, Its actually worth me doing the craft for the ranks and i make gold of it. 2k gold per flask? Yes please, 1k per pot? yes please.