Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Oh, apologies. I'm not good with the sarcasm...
    Nah, it's harder to convey through internet. I did try my best, with the eyeroll.

It's just that his argument that if you buffed all other classes to be closer to havoc DH (rather than nerfing havoc DH hard), all content would become easy/facerollable/irrelevant is silly when a group of three havoc DHs (with a healer and tank of their own choice) can't just faceroll mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Lol responses like these are absolutely delicious. DH's holding a pity party when certain other classes have it huge margins worse that even questing is a nightmare, is just amazing.

DH were vastly over-performing and needed to be brought in line with other classes. If Blizz finds they have been nerfed too hard they will be brought back up to par, that's how balancing works.

I sincerely hope this kind of reaction isn't coming from mature adults, because that would be just tragic.
    Your outlook isn't much better. I'm not talking about overall. I'm talking about what matters. Boss fights. Were DHs out performing there? No.

How can you talk about maturity when you're not being much better? I don't want locks to be shit. I don't want any class to be shit, because then we can find more people to down bosses. The buff to locks is good, as is the buff to frost dk. The negativity here is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's my assumption the changes are already in since they were hotfixes so no need to wait until Tuesday. I noticed a bit of difference on my paladin tonight after the hotfixes went in.
    Patch notes state they will take effect after maintenance on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How would it do that when FR and Glaive Throw/Bloodlet are in the top ranking damage sources for ANYTHING a DH does. :I
    Did you read the original poster's first post? Instead of nerfing the damage of Throw Glaive and Bloodlet across the board, nerf the damage done to subsequent targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijati View Post
    do u even play a DH ?
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    We don't need to test anytthing. The Nerfs reduce our ST damage by about 18-20% (from ~290-300k to 240-250k in full 850 gear), which means we are now the worst ST class in the game.

They are stupid motherfuckers. The nerfs won't put our AoE in line, since it was way too much and now will be just very good. But it significantly reduces our ST damagewhich was onyl AVERAGE before. My god, do they suck balls.
    Read above response.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    Did you read the original poster's first post? Instead of nerfing the damage of Throw Glaive and Bloodlet across the board, nerf the damage done to subsequent targets.
    Did you read the post I replied to? Because then you'll know why your question is dumb.

this is probably the worst kneejerk nerf i have ever seen in 12 years of wow. its like they let a child do it and then went with it, with no testing on the ptr or any sort of reason. they simply got us all on board and then once we had to pay for another month of wow, killed our dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    this is probably the worst kneejerk nerf i have ever seen in 12 years of wow. its like they let a child do it and then went with it, with no testing on the ptr or any sort of reason. they simply got us all on board and then once we had to pay for another month of wow, killed our dps.
    I was really hoping that they learned their lesson from the DK release. I guess not...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    I was really hoping that they learned their lesson from the DK release. I guess not...
    all the devs that worked on wotlk are gone. they all left to work on other games. its a repeat lmfao

however, i have a feeling they will revise the nerfs. it hits us WAY too hard and literally turns us into a mindless rogue clone but with less bells and whistles. the best simming dps spec for single target is two buttons with some cooldowns u macro together. lame.

i dont see why they cant give us free artifact respec when they do this?
    Of course they did touch the class, a lot, in awkward places. But they basically denied it.

I do not understand the pity party. They said (DH Q&A) would look at DH before Legion and a Blue Post saying they was going to adjust classes weeks after Legion was launch. Everyone knew Fel Mastery was going to be adjusted. Just be lucky your entire momentum build is not gutted.

7+ Year Old Account
    their single target was pretty insane as well.... for a class that is pretty simple to play, they were doing way too much damage single target and aoe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    all the devs that worked on wotlk are gone. they all left to work on other games. its a repeat lmfao

however, i have a feeling they will revise the nerfs. it hits us WAY too hard and literally turns us into a mindless rogue clone but with less bells and whistles. the best simming dps spec for single target is two buttons with some cooldowns u macro together. lame.
    nah plenty of them are still here, not all of them, but still plenty
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This is exactly how I see it. I don't fucking get why they swung the nerf bat so hard, but it's not like blizzard cares at all. They never have.
    "Boohoo, Blizzard doesn't care"

Cut it out with this immature crybaby bullshit. This place is marginally better than the official forums, but everybody here still has an awful lot of growing up to do. This hyperbolic shit doesn't impress anybody. You're all coming off like a bunch of whiny shits. Get over the nerfs and begin discussing something that actually matters. This pity party shit was old in BC, and it's been almost a fucking decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Yeah well... Demo locks in wod says hello.
    That isn't even remotely similar jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is true, but I usually sit underneath boomkins and hunters. Tonight I was beating both so I thought maybe the buffs were in, but thinking about it boomkins got buffed too. So probably just even worse idiots :P
    You can't beat my boomkin! Bwahahahaa!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but they did Nerf feel barrage, just not the damage. They simply normalized the proc rate to make it the same in single target and multi-target situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOLTENSPRING View Post
    i dont see why they cant give us free artifact respec when they do this?
    You going to reroll to the other DH DPS spec?

Its kind of funny. Every OP class (Prot warrior, outlaw, havoc to name a few) have all been screaming and whining since last night because they're now only marginally better than or in line with the other 25 specs that have been utter garbage this whole expansion.

Havoc will be just fine, its a burst aoe class with meh ST, its still a ridiculous burst aoe machine with meh ST. You don't get to have it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Your outlook isn't much better. I'm not talking about overall. I'm talking about what matters. Boss fights. Were DHs out performing there? No.

How can you talk about maturity when you're not being much better? I don't want locks to be shit. I don't want any class to be shit, because then we can find more people to down bosses. The buff to locks is good, as is the buff to frost dk. The negativity here is unnecessary.
    Please don't presume to lecture me about negativity when your go to response to a balancing change is "Blizz is shit" or "Blizz doesnt care, it's never cared".
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkhel View Post
    You need to squeeze the Throw Glaives into the 4 second Momentum windows and ensure the bleed stays up, as well as you burn as much Fury as possible on Chaos Strike in that window as well. It's not as simple as just using TG and letting the bleed do the work. The context of when you cast it is incredibly important. The spec is far, far from faceroll with Momentum and anyone claiming it is doesn't know anything about the spec.

DH specced right (read: max DPS) is more complex than a number of other specs.
    4 second window that you have from doing your normal rotation? FOTM xD

Its easy to be an average demon hunter. The spec has a high skill cap which should be rewarded. I've seen DHs with 30-40% uptime on momentum and they rightfully sit at about 200k dps. But if you're good at keeping momentum up, dumping fury in those 4 second windows and optimizing this you'd do good dps. Now we're shafted no matter the skill. Sure the lowskilled will suck even more, but the ones who play the god damn class close to perfection wont be doing anything special, and that's boring gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Please don't presume to lecture me about negativity when your go to response to a balancing change is "Blizz is shit" or "Blizz doesnt care, it's never cared".
    So in your experience, you've never seen a class get nerfed too hard, and blizz takes their sweet time in fixing it?

This is besides the point. Havoc wasn't overperforming single target, and now it's going to do even worse. Aoe doesn't fucking matter in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    "Boohoo, Blizzard doesn't care"

Cut it out with this immature crybaby bullshit. This place is marginally better than the official forums, but everybody here still has an awful lot of growing up to do. This hyperbolic shit doesn't impress anybody. You're all coming off like a bunch of whiny shits. Get over the nerfs and begin discussing something that actually matters. This pity party shit was old in BC, and it's been almost a fucking decade.
    Uh, this thread is about the nerfs. A post to save the single target capability of Havoc. Is your post contributing to that even a little? No? The irony is uncanny.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2016-09-24 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    their single target was pretty insane as well.... for a class that is pretty simple to play, they were doing way too much damage single target and aoe
    Did you play a DH?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    If Blizzard's intent was reducing Havoc's excessively high area of effect damage, this would accomplish that goal while keeping Havoc's single-target damage the same. Still need to test these changes when they go live after server maintenance on Tuesday, but I feel like I will no longer out-DPS players with more gear than me...
    No? Do you understand the rotation?

Havoc has a ton of rotational cleave. Look at the logs for this fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

It's Ursoc. It's single target. There are no adds, it's a straight DPS fight.

Look at his #2 ability. Throw Glaive for 18% of his damage, 11 million total with 7 million coming from Bloodlet. Bloodlet lost 100%, so it's halved. Glaive lose 30%, so it goes from 3.8 million to about 2.5 million. His Total from Throw Glaive will drop to 2.5 + 5.7 million for a total of 8.3 million instead of 11.4 million.

The potion was also nerfed by 30%, so that's another 2.7 million damage. He is also losing 1/5 of the damage from Fury of the Illidari, which was 4.63 million. That accounts for around 900k or so.

Oh, and they are losing 20% of the bonus from Fel Mastery. My base damage on my Havoc @ 845 is 85k. With the 50% bonus it was 127k. That will now be 110k damage instead of 127k.

His Fel Rush did 5.21 million damage, so you're looking at a 20% nerf to the bonus of the Fel Mastery. Going to drop at least another 1.5-1.8 million there.

Total DPS loss from his fight is 1.5 + 1 million + 3 million from core abilities. 5.5 million damage lost. When you remove 5.5 million damage from the DH in that parse he goes from 4th damage on the fight to 10th. Couple that with the potion changes and he is going to drop to around 14th out of the raid. The other Demon Hunters that were lower will fare worse.