Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that there are people who design the builds and create the playstyles within them. The NT spam is programmed to be the Arcane Mage's simulation. Others might be created / found to be better over time.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The NT spam is programmed to be the Arcane Mage's simulation.
    Nothing's optimized for shit yet but for what it's worth, the Arcane sim on the front page is standard burn/conserve, not NT spam.

Deleted
    Improvement will not be there no beocuse of low dmg but beocuse of terrible cleave dmg and no mobility at all. This spec doesnt fit inro current ennocunter desing where is lot of movement. You would have to do millions of dmg per full chageded blast to compensate lost dmg on movement. Fire is till better becouse it have great cleave, single target and great mobilty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They are already out. Arcane is sitting just below fire on ST. Didn't go more in depth since I dislike playing the other specs that aren't fire.
    So it is again garbage becouse dmg is for being stationary entire time without movement where arcane dps drops on 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody explain the whole NT spam thing to me?
    From the sounds of it, people are using arcane explosion before quickening runs out to get it to 100 stacks, while spamming NT in between for free missiles procs?

I tried this out and was doing consistently less DPS than with my standard rotation. Around 165k DPS with standard rotation and 145k DPS with NT spam.

- - - Updated - - -

They are already out. Arcane is sitting just below fire on ST. Didn't go more in depth since I dislike playing the other specs that aren't fire.
    There were 5 arcane mages listed on WOL compared to at least 30 Fire mages, and the Arcane were a solid 40k DPS behind Fire on every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mages, I'm counting on you for the first spec to do A BILLION dps on the pull. You are the choses ones. Don't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Can somebody explain the whole NT spam thing to me?
    From the sounds of it, people are using arcane explosion before quickening runs out to get it to 100 stacks, while spamming NT in between for free missiles procs?

I tried this out and was doing consistently less DPS than with my standard rotation. Around 165k DPS with standard rotation and 145k DPS with NT spam.

- - - Updated - - -

There were 5 arcane mages listed on WOL compared to at least 30 Fire mages, and the Arcane were a solid 40k DPS behind Fire on every fight.

the benefit of NT Spam is only seen on long, low movement fights where you can hold the 100 stacks the entire fight. The ramp up time is pretty long and then you just go nuts for the rest of the fight if you dont fuck it up.

Deleted
    Just looking at dmg per execute time NT still tops the list. Really isn't that hard to figure out rotations using the sim software...
    That's not how DPET works though. DPET is Damage per time spent using the skill. A DoT will have a very high DPET because it's one GCD for 12 seconds worth of damage.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I just tried nether tempest and it provides -0- stacks of quickening.

10+ Year Old Account
    You gain Quickening with Blast, Missiles and Explosion. NT is a megafiller spell that you spam to fish for Missiles procs, and if you don't get any in 5 seconds you just hit something with Explosion and continue spamming NT for Missiles.

It's a bastard version of the conserve phase.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    Now they only need to increase the quickening buffs duration
    ... and cap the stacks at 50