Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh? Doesn't matter heh?
    Nope it doesn't nore did it ever.

It can be AA,AAA,Indie or whatever you wish to call it. Its still a shit game and the dev "Sean" is a lying sack of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's called a "B title" I believe.
    I think the term is AA to be honest. The Internet changes what things mean so much no clue what the current term is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except it's not an opinion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry)

Where is the word publisher used in that definition? AAA is related to budget, not having a publisher.
    Hey champ read ur own link sometime....

levels of promotion.
    Take a wild guess what Sony did for Hello Games ill give you a hint.... It starts with a P.

Spoiler
    In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A[1] is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion.[2][3][4][5] A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game or to be among the year's bestsellers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope it doesn't nore did it ever.

It can be AA,AAA,Indie or whatever you wish to call it. Its still a shit game and the dev "Sean" is a lying sack of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the term is AA to be honest. The Internet changes what things mean so much no clue what the current term is.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey champ read ur own link sometime....

Take a wild guess what Sony did for Hello Games ill give you a hint.... It starts with a P.

Spoiler
    Yea was there NMS ads on TV? How about gigantic marketing campaigns in large cities for it?(Hint: there was neither)

Do you not understand what you just read?

Apparently youtube ads makes you AAA now, lol.

This is all besides the point that you don't understand the difference between "and"/"or".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-23 at 11:05 PM.

Yea was there NMS ads on TV? How about gigantic marketing campaigns in large cities for it?(Hint: there was neither)
    What would you call the TV shows it was on, or the E3 showing or the Gamescon showing or the other many many many interviews they did.

I guess those are not promotions right.

Its cute when you act like you know what your talking about.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-23 at 11:11 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

What would you call the TV shows it was on, or the E3 showing or the Gamescon showing or the other many many many interviews they did.

I guess those are not promotions right.

Its cute when you act like you know what your talking about.
    Except I do. There is a reason you see games like NMS, Shenmue 3, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian on the Sony e3 stage but don't see those games being marketed to the mass public. They're being marketed to the select group of core gamers that they're aimed at. Hint: They're not AAA. That is the difference in a 1 mil marketing budget and a 100 mil marketing budget. The fact you don't understand this boggles the mind.

If you're not being plastered all over every TV channel known to man you're not AAA.

Apparently being on colbert makes you AAA with your logic then, which of course actual indy games with no publishers have been on there and there is no money exchanged as it's good for both parties... Doesn't fit with your logic though right?

Still wondering why you didn't read the wiki link again and realize the massive difference between "and"/"or". The rest is just splitting hairs because even under the circumstance that you where right(which you're not) having a massive marketing budget alone doesn't make you AAA(if it did then Candy Crush would be AAA LOL). Once again note the "and" there. There is no "or".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-23 at 11:23 PM.

Except I do. There is a reason you see games like NMS, Shenmue 3, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian on the Sony e3 stage but don't see those games being marketed to the mass public. They're being marketed to the select group of core gamers that they're aimed at. Hint: They're not AAA. That is the difference in a 1 mil marketing budget and a 100 mil marketing budget. The fact you don't understand this boggles the mind.

If you're not being plastered all over every TV channel known to man you're not AAA.
    As I said its cute when you act like you know what your talking about. You have done been proven wrong (Again) just bow out and leave.

Done replying to my stalker for the day
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-23 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no use linking direct definitions. People disregard hard evidence just to avoid saying they were wrong. Just look at Creationists or people who pronounce GIF with a hard 'G' like in 'gun'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It's no use linking direct definitions. People disregard hard evidence just to avoid saying they were wrong. Just look at Creationists or people who pronounce GIF with a hard 'G' like in 'gun'.
    I wouldn't put the pronunciation of GIF on the same level as those other two personally.

It's an acronym and graphics as a word on its own is pronounced with a hard G, despite what the creator of the format may wish for the acronym.

AAA or not, it had an AAA price tag on it.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep like I said this wasn't a indie game. At best a person could say it was a amateur made AAA game. But its still a AAA thanks to the help from Sony.
    The definition of AAA isn't having support of a large or well known company.

"n the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game or to be among the year's bestsellers." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry)

Just because they charged $60 doesn't make it a AAA game nor is it part of the definition of a AAA game. There are plenty of non AAA games that have been released at the $60 price point. And plenty of terrible games as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, does it even matter if it’s an indie game by definition or not? It’s completely discussible I guess but in the end they still had a big company giving them a hand and was priced as a triple A game.
    It is pretty much an indie game. Sony had no hands in development of the game, and if you believe the words of the Sony executive to be 100% true they also had no hand in the marketing. Also plenty of non AAA games have been released at $60. $60 is a common price point for console games.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42359268

It can't start with a P because you know full well that Sony stated Hello Games did that all on their own. ""It wasn't a great PR strategy, because he didn't have a PR person helping him, and in the end he is an indie developer."

So either Sony lied, or they didn't have help with something that starts with P.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The definition of AAA isn't having support of a large or well known company.

"n the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game or to be among the year's bestsellers." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry)

Just because they charged $60 doesn't make it a AAA game nor is it part of the definition of a AAA game. There are plenty of non AAA games that have been released at the $60 price point. And plenty of terrible games as well.
    Links to 'plenty' please.

I don't give a shit about it being AAA or not. It has an AAA price and doesn't deliver on its promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I wouldn't put the pronunciation of GIF on the same level as those other two personally.

It's an acronym and graphics as a word on its own is pronounced with a hard G, despite what the creator of the format may wish for the acronym.
    I don't know how the creators can be wrong when naming their own creation....Anyway, the Acronym argument holds no water. How do you pronounce NATO? Surely the 'A' and the 'O' are not pronounced the same as in 'Atlantic' and 'Organization'.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how the creators can be wrong when naming their own creation....Anyway, the Acronym argument holds no water. How do you pronounce NATO? Surely the 'A' and the 'O' are not pronounced the same as in 'Atlantic' and 'Organization'.
    They didn't name their creation GIF that's an acronym they used for a file extension. It took on its own life thanks to users. Users pronounce it with a hard G, also in other languages too. Creators can go fuck themselves in a jiffy. Popular use defeats anything.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They didn't name their creation GIF that's an acronym they used for a file extension. It took on its own life thanks to users. Users pronounce it with a hard G, also in other languages too. Creators can go fuck themselves in a jiffy. Popular use defeats anything.
    They DID name it though. They said they wanted it to sound like Jiff the peanut butter...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They DID name it though. They said they wanted it to sound like Jiff the peanut butter...
    They did name it, but they didn't name it GIF. GIF is an acronym. It doesn't matter what they wanted the acronym to sound like, as it's pretty apparent they failed to achieve that goal by using G instead of J.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...s-store:offers

Not every game released is a AAA game. Yet most console games start out at the $60 price point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0...teins%3Bgate+0
    https://www.amazon.com/Root-Letter-P...6RK77V81J44GDE
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...X1PV8EFYBANKE4
    https://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Mirage-...e+chronicles+x
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SQ2DN29GQ99WCH
    https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Rush-...gravity+rush+2

Want me to keep going? Is this your idea of AAA games?

$60 is more so a relation to a game being a physical retail game then it being "AAA". While budget titles also get a retail presence at launch they're rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    AAA or not, it had an AAA price tag on it.
    Yup, should have been twenty quid.

Sure plenty of non-triple A games have been released at 60$, doesn’t mean they are indie games though, you know? Can you see how many indie games besides “No Man’s Sky” you can find with a 60$ price tag? I mean, even if you look at consoles… Minecraft Xbox One edition $20, Bastion PS4 edition $15, Trine Bundle PS4 edition £20, Child of Light PS4 edition £12, Outlast PS4 £15…
    Pretty sure the highest priced true indy game on the market is The Witness at $39.99?

Child of Light is certainly not indy though lol...(Nor is Minecraft but pass on that as it was when it originally came out)

…Again, it’s highly discussible. Sure, it is an Ubisoft title, yet it was a small project without a high level of development budget and marketing exposure, according to director Patrick Plourde it was “going Indie in AAA”, even if it’s not an indie game, it’s still priced as one.

As for Minecraft, if you agree that No Man’s Sky is an indie game than you’ll have to agree that even after being bought by Microsoft Minecraft still remains an indie title =/
    Who is even caring about whether NMS is indy or not? I am pointing out your absurd comparison that price has any relation to a game being indy or not. Look at the definitions of both AAA and indy games linked multiple times in this thread. Note, price tag is not used in either one. Price tag does not define where a game falls into categorically.

You're trying to nit pick what is indy and pointing out Child of Light, a game made internally at Ubisoft one of the largest publishers in the world. That is not indy. Being a budget title does not make a game an indy game. Being indy or not has nothing to do with price, most indy games are just cheap because they're cheap to produce and will turn better profits that way. Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft, EA, MS and Square are all gigantic publishers that help fund and make budget titles all the time. They're not indy games just because they're not $60.

Majority of AAA games are $60. Yet there are still many non AAA games that are $60.

Majority of indy games are budget titles. Yet there are still many budget titles that are not indy games.

Do you understand now?

Again, stop acting like indy and AAA are all that exist in gaming. In reality there is so much more then that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-09-24 at 07:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure plenty of non-triple A games have been released at 60$, doesn’t mean they are indie games though, you know? Can you see how many indie games besides “No Man’s Sky” you can find with a 60$ price tag? I mean, even if you look at consoles… Minecraft Xbox One edition $20, Bastion PS4 edition $15, Trine Bundle PS4 edition £20, Child of Light PS4 edition £12, Outlast PS4 £15…
    So? Why does an indie developer have to be required to release games at only certain price points? Just look at steam's "indie" tag and price http://store.steampowered.com/search..._DESC&tags=492 Yes those are bundles but why should an "indie" bundle still be $300+?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/26..._7_7_230_150_3
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/25..._7_7_230_150_3
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/388030/

Are games that a $60 and on steam. It shouldn't matter if a game is indie, non-AAA, or AAA, or anything not covered by those categories. A price should only matter on what you get from the game. Why not base price on the content received rather then who the developers are? There have been plenty of AAA games that haven't been hits. Just as there have been plenty of low budget games that have become genre changers (like Minecraft). And every other range of the spectrum between those two designations.