Destruccion question after hotfixes

On the comming hotfix, they're buffing channel demon fire by 11% (also chaos bolt by 11%).
    My question is: for ST what's more worth now as the last tier of talents CDF or the 1 which gives 20% chance to restore a soul (don't know the english name of that talent)? Before the buff, they we're quite even tho, some people says that CDF a bit ahead of the other one.

So instead of asking in the thread discussing the upcoming buffs (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...alance-changes),
    you create an account and then create a thread to just ask this one question which you then basically answer yourself at the end?

Sorry for looking rude here but i think those kind of threads are just selfish and lazy bc people just want an answer for their question and dont want to put in the effort of research.
    (You didn't even bother researching the english word for that level 100 20% shard refund talent, which is Soul Conduit btw..., which would take me like 10 secs going to wowhead and opening the talent calculator...)
    Last edited by Walrock; 2016-09-24 at 03:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest its probably easier to get a straight answer in a topic like this than to have his post drowned out in all the bickering and arguing in that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So instead of asking in the thread discussing the upcoming buffs (...),
    you create an account and then create a thread to just ask this one question which you then basically answer yourself at the end?

Sorry for looking rude here but i think those kind of threads are just selfish and lazy bc people just want an answer for their question and dont want to put in the effort of research.
    (You didn't even bother researching the english word for that level 100 20% shard refund talent, which is Soul Conduit btw..., which would take me like 10 secs going to wowhead and opening the talent calculator...)
    As Grabacr says, is way more easier to get an answer creating a new thread and giving it new title than asking in a thread where most of the replys are someone's opinion or someone saying that we got buffed but the other classes also so the difference it's still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the existing status quo will change CDF got buffed, but at the same time Chaos Bolt got buffed too, so Soul Conduit vs CDF should remain the same.

So basically for single target, either is good. Some stand by CDF, some by SC.

Both buffed pretty much.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to the impact these changes bring.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The problem with CD is that it requires you to stand still and channel for nearly 3 seconds. then it randomizes based in which targets have your dot, it won't let you apply the damage exactly where you want it. I feel it is a dud talent regardless.
    I am going to put my dot on as many targets as possible to generate resources but if I need one target down on demand I can't rely on this to do it.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-09-24 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The problem with CD is that it requires you to stand still and channel for nearly 3 seconds.
    Maybe it's 3 seconds for you. I've got Haste, I've got Backdraft, mine channels in 1.7 seconds.

Maybe not the most strictly optimal setup, but at least it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Maybe it's 3 seconds for you. I've got Haste, I've got Backdraft, mine channels in 1.7 seconds.

Maybe not the most strictly optimal setup, but at least it's fun.
    And your chaos bolt will still be faster due to your haste and 2 talents.

I'll also note this thread isn't about what is fun but rather if the talent is capable of contending with the other talents on that tier.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-09-24 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, truth be told, one should not even slot CDF if there is a situation where you really have many targets to spread Immolate to.

That said I agree - CDF in comparison to Soul Conduit brings nothing but drawbacks... it's another spell to cast, you must cast it on CD or else it's a loss, you need to channel and if you move it's a loss of both damage and more importantly CD incurred and it's simply not doing anything besides damage either and even then it's pretty much a wash with Soul Conduit.

And to make matters worse, Soul Conduit is becoming better and better if your shards income is increased (Feretory of Souls or simply extra targets with Immolate on).

I just don't see a point to it, besides maybe if you want to press another button or like it thematically.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-24 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, truth be told, one should not even slot CDF if there is a situation where you really have many targets to spread Immolate to.

That said I agree - CDF in comparison to Soul Conduit brings nothing but drawbacks... it's another spell to cast, you must cast it on CD or else it's a loss, you need to channel and if you move it's a loss of both damage and more importantly CD incurred and it's simply not doing anything besides damage either and even then it's pretty much a wash with Soul Conduit.

I just don't see a point to it, besides maybe if you want to press another button or like it thematically.
    It would be entirely different if it struck every target that had the dot on it, it would be really great aoe coupled with cataclysm and insta-cast rain of fire, but since it strikes one target randomly it can't be the aoe talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

It would be entirely different if it struck every target that had the dot on it, it would be really great aoe coupled with cataclysm and insta-cast rain of fire, but since it strikes one target per volley randomly it can't be the aoe talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    To be honest its probably easier to get a straight answer in a topic like this than to have his post drowned out in all the bickering and arguing in that topic.
    I quite enjoyed the DH tears. It's was like children complaining about what they wanted, but with no realistic solution to their problem.