Deleted

Do you think blizzard realizes that they have slightly nerfed sub pvp dmg?

Increasing evis/nightblade by 15% and then reducing it by 15% is a 2.25% damage reduction on evis/nightblade in pvp. It is not much but it seems like that someone thought increasing and decreasing by the same scaling would reverse the buff.
    Last edited by mmocdddf9c5424; 2016-09-24 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kantaki View Post
    Increasing evis/nightblade by 15% and then reducing it by 15% is a 2.25% damage reduction on evis/nightblade in pvp. It is not much but it seems like that someone though increasing and decreasing by the same scaling would reverse the buff.
    Unless you ran a test from live vs PTR you can't really know. If you are assuming the multipliers were changed than yes this is correct, but if they simply added 15% and subtracted 15% it is a 0 net difference.

The people who write the patch notes aren't the same people who make the changes. Sometimes the patch notes are simplified for clarity. We won't know the specifics of a lot of these changes until they are live.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Sub damage is too high in pvp (along with most melee specs) so if anything a mere 2% reduction is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Sub damage is too high in pvp (along with most melee specs) so if anything a mere 2% reduction is good.
    You can't just nerf one spec while keeping the rest higher, it doesn't fix meele op, it just kills sub and sub isn't at the top of cancer meele dps currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Unless you ran a test from live vs PTR you can't really know. If you are assuming the multipliers were changed than yes this is correct, but if they simply added 15% and subtracted 15% it is a 0 net difference.
    100 * 1.15= 115
    115* 0.85 =97.75
    math is hard

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    A spec missing almost 60% of it's agi I'm sure it dmg is too high...

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    100 * 1.15= 115
    115* 0.85 =97.75
    math is hard
    First let me say I know how math works. Like I said, unless you went in game and ran some tests before and after this change you don't know how they adjusted it. I said if they used multipliers like you show then yes you are correct, but if they simply added 15% in pve, and subtracted 15% in pvp.
    100 + 15 = 115
    115 - 15 = 100
    or
    100 * 1.15 = 115
    115 / 1.15 = 100
    If this is how they adjusted it then there is no difference in pvp. You assume they used multipliers.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2016-09-24 at 08:16 PM.