Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    A marriage that has not been consummated can be what?
    Under what circumstances can a marriage be legally annulled in the United States, as per your own source? Let's see.. incest, bigamy, fraud, or lack of consent. I'm sorry, where does it say anything about consummation? Or were you not referring to a civil annulment, but rather a religious annulment which can only be granted by a church or clergy and has no legal effect on marital status?

Here is the list of countries in which sex with your spouse is considered to be a right. Perhaps you would be happier living in one of those.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-09-24 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Lol so your argument is that the Catholic church says a marriage is not valid if it's not consummated?
    No that western law says it can be annuled.
    A lot of states provides for annulling marriages.
    In many common law jurisdictions, a couple who married were deemed to have given "implied consent" to have sex with each other, a doctrine which barred prosecution of a spouse for rape. This doctrine is now considered obsolete in Western countries.[3]
    'implied consent' does not mean one can force the issue.
    Bringing us back to the shit that started it 'Did she object?'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Under what circumstances can a marriage be legally annulled in the United States,
    For example, under section 12 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973, a refusal or inability to consummate a marriage is a ground of annulment in England and Wales,
    Has the point been made yet?
    Also again, because i really think it would help all of you to understand the point:
    Does a person have the right to have an abortion, or a right too an abortion?

I asked under what circumstances can a marriage be legally annulled in the United States (you even quoted that question), and then you quote a section about England and Wales. Is this a joke?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of states provides for annulling marriages.
    'implied consent' does not mean one can force the issue.
    Bringing us back to the shit that started it 'Did she object?'

- - - Updated - - -

Also again, because i really think it would help all of you to understand the point:
    Lack of objection does not mean automatic consent.

You can't point to one country and be like "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!" that is one country, not all of them. I could say in Canada that willingful refusal to have sex is not grounds for annulment and I would be right.

A person has the right to both having an abortion and to an abortion.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Lack of objection does not mean automatic consent.
    Not what i said.
    You can't point to one country and be like "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!" that is one country, not all of them. I could say in Canada that willingful refusal to have sex is not grounds for annulment and I would be right.
    I will check.
    A person has the right to both having an abortion and to an abortion.
    No, which is really the problem with this entire discussion.
    Having the right to have an abortion is not the same thing as being entitled to an abortion, which a right 'too' an abortion is.
    The first is having the right to do something, (or in this case have done upon you).
    The latter means the state would be obliged (required) to provide one for you.
    Understand the difference now?

right 'too' an abortion
    To. /10char

A true pick up artist doesn't do shit like this.

The word you were looking for was "Rapists", OP. Not "Pickup Artists".

Deleted
    To. /10char
    The latter means the state would be obliged (required) to provide one for you.
    Oh my, a typo.

Oh my, a typo.
    I thought it might just be a typo, so I didn't say anything the first three or four times you used the wrong word.

Deleted
    I thought it might just be a typo, so I didn't say anything the first three or four times you used the wrong word.
    You sure i did?
    too
    tuː/Skicka
    adverb
    to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively.
    in addition; also.
    Having the right to have an abortion is not the same thing as being entitled to an abortion, which a right 'too' an abortion is.
    The latter necessitates the first, so 'in addition too'.'
    Regardless is this the substantive argument you want to have?
    Or have i finally explained my position to your satisfaction?

You sure i did?
    So you're admitting that it wasn't a typo after all. And yes, I'm quite sure.

"Which a right in addition an abortion is"
    "Which a right also an abortion is"

These phrases do not make grammatical sense.

Or have i finally explained my position to your satisfaction?
    No, remember? I asked under what circumstances can a marriage be annulled in the United States, and your answer was about England and Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Facing their inner demon is a pretty uncomfortable subject for most men. I don’t think jail will rehabilitate men like these. I am perfectly fine with death penalty. If I was the father of any one of those girls, I would be waiting for the day they get out of jail, and blow their heads off.
    Prisons in america don't rehabilitate and big man gonna shoot someone you would be in prison for a long time

10+ Year Old Account

Three things that are all illegal and qualifies as using 'force' -
    And more importantly, please answer this question - This goes for all of you:

None of that actually matters. You can go have your annulment if you like - and it is a stated reason for one. But there is absolutely no consent for or right to sex implied in the legal doctrine of marriage. Consent has to be given freely at the time, and can be revoked at any time during the encounter for any reason (or no reason at all).
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    None of that actually matters.
    It does.
    Consent has to be given freely at the time, and can be revoked at any time during the encounter for any reason (or no reason at all).
    And i never said so.
    I have tried numerous times now to explain that spouse A's 'right to sleep with' spouse B, does not in fact create an obligation for spouse B to consent.
    I it is indeed quite possible to have a right one cannot exercise.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're admitting that it wasn't a typo after all.
    As indicated by the question mark (?) no.

And yes, I'm quite sure.

"Which a right in addition an abortion is"
    "Which a right also an abortion is"

These phrases do not make grammatical sense.
    But it makes logical sense for me.
    Regardless, I'm not a native English speaker so To and Too sometimes escape me.
    No, remember? I asked under what circumstances can a marriage be annulled in the United States, and your answer was about England and Wales.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does.

And i never said so.
    I have tried numerous times now to explain that spouse A's 'right to sleep with' spouse B, does not in fact create an obligation for spouse B to consent.
    I it is indeed quite possible to have a right one cannot exercise.
    No matter how much you keep trying to repeat it, you do not have the right to sleep with someone. With anyone. Inside or outside of marriage. You have the privilege of asking, but you don't have the right.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Of course, if they were immigrants from the Middle East, we'd all have to "understand their cultural frustration" and not condemn them for their actions.

Infracted - Don't Derail
    I've never actually seen this here concerning rape. People have always been perfectly fine with jailing and/or deporting the ones who are rapists. It's always the white nationalist brigade that goes "HURR DURR THE PC CROWD DEFENDS IMMIGRANT'S RIGHT TO RAPE."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've never actually seen this here concerning rape. People have always been perfectly fine with jailing and/or deporting the ones who are rapists. It's always the white nationalist brigade that goes "HURR DURR THE PC CROWD DEFENDS IMMIGRANT'S RIGHT TO RAPE."
    On this forum? You must possess some serious selective reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    On this forum? You must possess some serious selective reading.
    I think you're confusing people actually posting on this forum, and idiot bureaucrats.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think you're confusing people actually posting on this forum, and idiot bureaucrats.
    They think not wanting to deport all refugees, even the ones who've never committed any crimes, means you're willing to protect rapists if they're the right kind of rapist. Or something.