Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    My biggest gripe with Rebels so far was that the main cast had only problems when they have to deal with big shots liek Tarkin, Vader and now Thrawn.
    Not to belittle them but the Empire's servants are often portraied as so .. inefficience that i my suspension of disbelive simply brakes. They would not have survived so far along if (my feeling by the show so far) 90%+ of the imperial military/navy are incompetent bunglers.
    Yes, i am happy that Thrawn is back and portrayed like in the books, but again such a big name is needed.
    The rebels operate at the same level as several smugglers/pirate groups and the Empire usually knows how to deal with those.
    So far i don't get the feeling that the heroes earn (most) their successes.
    C'mon! It directly mirrors real life. The US (the empire) consistently struggles to put down these little "rebel" groups (ISIS, vietnam, etc). The US has much better fire power, but still they struggle...

I agree that the leadership is so "inefficience that i my suspension of disbelive simply brakes."

It happens to me everyday when I look at our "leaders...." I can't suspend my disbelief enough to actually believe that some people actually went into a voting booth and pulled the lever for these people... great choice guys! You really "nailed it."
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-07-18 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really dont believe they would make thrawn canon just to kill him off.
    Why not? That's what Timothy Zahn did. Alright, it was not "canon", but he did create him to kill him in the end. Thrawn could be there for two seasons as main villain and then get killed. In a very artistic way. We will probably see more of Thrawn in two seasons than Tarkin, the first main villain of the entire saga (with Vader).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm...
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, Thrawn is now officially back in the canon. He'll be on Rebels and Timothy Zahn has a new book, titled "Thrawn", that will release some time next year.
    a page behind :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be completely honest, I just really really want to see Coruscant again. Like post Clone Wars is all I want, how much has it changed if at all really. Doesn't Palpatine still reside there?
    Hey everyone

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still an overpopulated dump, what's there to see?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's still an overpopulated dump, what's there to see?
    What's wrong with being curious, maybe there were changes after the Empire came into power. I'm just kind of curious as to what may have happened, like one thing I know for sure that has changed is I bet there is no Jedi Temple anymore.
    Hey everyone

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    What's wrong with being curious, maybe there were changes after the Empire came into power. I'm just kind of curious as to what may have happened, like one thing I know for sure that has changed is I bet there is no Jedi Temple anymore.
    Nothing wrong with being curious, it's what you are curious about.
    Jedi Temple was refitted as Imperial Palace. Which is ironic as the temple was built on top of a Sith shrine.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 is out! Anyone watch it yet?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Season 3 is out! Anyone watch it yet?
    HYPE!!!!! Not yet, but I'm so hyped for this. I totally forgot about it and invited some people over. I almost wanna tell em to go home :P
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren druid

ezra iced the fuck out of those stormtroopers holy fuck hes so badarse now
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Yeah.
    Ezra had to act or there would be none left.
    Hera is an idiot.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Yeah.
    Ezra had to act or there would be none left.
    Hera is an idiot.
    While thats true, he risked everyone's lives on an unplanned assault on a station they had no information on aside from what little Hondo knew.

And to top this off, it was literally a trap all along anyways, even if it didn't seem like it to the rebels. Thrawn already knows that their 'rescue' operation is going to lead them to another hideout that the empire is now going to crush.

Ultimately, the operation was a very costly success, they got about 7 stripped Y-wings they now need to refurbish and exposed themselves to trackers who are going to find their bases wherever their armada goes. Which is exactly what Thrawn wanted.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanan: "You're a Force-wielder! But you're not a Jedi..."
    The Bendu: "Wielder? Hmm... The Jedi and the Sith wield the Ashla and Bogan, the Light and the Dark. I'm the one in the middle: the Bendu."

It seems the Bendu does not accept to be called a Force-wielder. That is interesting. That means that the Bendu's philosophy is not to use equally the Light and Dark Side, but rather to passively accept the Force as a whole. They are more akin to contemplative monks than knights templars. The Bendu will not use actively the Force to do good or to oppress others, but will commune with both sides to understand them better. At least that is what I understood.

I like the Bendu's look. Something like a mix between a moose and an orang-utang.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Bendu: "Wielder? Hmm... The Jedi and the Sith wield the Ashla and Bogan, the Light and the Dark. I'm the one in the middle: the Bendu."

It seems the Bendu does not accept to be called a Force-wielder. That is interesting. That means that the Bendu's philosophy is not to use equally the Light and Dark Side, but rather to passively accept the Force as a whole. They are more akin to contemplative monks than knights templars. The Bendu will not use actively the Force to do good or to oppress others, but will commune with both sides to understand them better. At least that is what I understood.

I like the Bendu's look. Something like a mix between a moose and an orang-utang.
    yep, he does look cool.
    balance through understanding is my take of it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

it was my understanding that the bendu was a physical representation of the force, like the son, daughter, and father from clone wars. hes not a force wielder because he is the force

Deleted
    Preview

Holocron? Kanan gave it away to Bendu, n here Maul waves it around, so wtf??
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-09-28 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Holocron? Kanan gave it away to Bendu, n here Maul waves it around, so wtf??
    Kanan gave away the Sith holocron. Maul was holding a Jedi holocron. Two different holocrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm.... I think maul is looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi to get revenge for cuting him on half.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul