Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    I had two chars for our raids, a Shadow Priest, and a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Today, I unsubbed, and apologized to my guild.

Fuck Blizzard, bunch of mouthbreathing idiots with literally zero clue on their own game.
    Fuck WoW, Legion was a fucking asian quest-fest, dungeons were nothing but trash-smashing, and then bosses who fell over due to an almost complete lack of mechanics.
    Raid looked good design-wise, but no set-items, bosses wheren't exciting at all, no, now I understand why som many long lasting Blizzard employees quit...
    I wouldn't want to spoil my name and reputation on something as shit as this, because that is what Legion is: Complete and utter shit, maintained bye people who'd do better in the special olympics.

Glad Destiny just got an expansion, maybe I'll go back to that.
    No, fuck you and good riddance.

You're the type of asshole that loves to stand it shit while pewpewing and going muh'dick. As a healer I've had to put up with you assholes for over 10 years now, and I for one am done. I will let you die, then teabag your dead corpse while laughing. Oh, and a res? Go fuck yourself cause I ain't giving you one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkk121 View Post
    Read the post. They go live with the weekly reset.
    I can't read.

Why the FUCK do they buff arcane? It's already the best dps spec at 90> percentile.

Swear to god if I'm forced to play arcane over fire for mythic progression I'm done.

Template for responding to Hotfixes on MMOChampion:

GREAT.... they [insert nerf] to [insert random class]!?!? What the hell are those [insert adjective] thinking!?!? I mean, I don't personally play [insert mentioned class] but the spec is officially dead imo!! gg/unsub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    RIP Havoc.
    lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camjeez View Post
    Why the FUCK do they buff arcane? It's already the best dps spec at 90> percentile.

Swear to god if I'm forced to play arcane over fire for mythic progression I'm done.
    Not hard because it has less than 100 logs of arcane, vs a few thousand on other specs.

So the Glory of melee change is live? Mine is awarding 1200 AP instead of the standard 300, gains from artifact knowledge included obviously.

As an Arms player for many years, let me address all the doomsayers saying Arms is dead.

I agree that the exploit the weakness nerf was the wrong way to go about it since it affects how the spec rotation feels rather than just the damage. No procs means no fun and no damage.

Let's do the math tho. Say you spend 20 rage at .65% per point spent, that's a 13% chance to proc tactician. With EtW at old 30%, you get 20/3 more rage spent = 6 rage. So then 26 * .65 = 16.9%.

Now with the new EtW at 9%, we get 20*.09 = 1.8 more rage. So 21.8 * .65 = 14.17%.

So the chance was only reduced by about 2.7%, which sucks yeah, but it's not world shattering. Arms will still be good, just probably not top of the charts as much.

Glad demon hunters were nerfed, fuck them. The hunter nerf isn't sufficient, they need to be nerfed into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    No breaks on the Druid viability train.

All aboard! Smooth ride for all! No muss! No fuss! No stress!

That not-so-subtle Enhance nerf though. Wow. "Offhand can still fail during Doom Winds". Fuck you Blizzard. Why are you pushing people rely on auto-attack trackers to even use a major fucking cooldown. Meanwhile DPS Monks, DH, and Druids press a button and see amazing numbers with no effort.

They also nerfed Prot's rage gen even when it's already fucking horrible and RNG-based. Just get rid of Focused Rage. It's a fucking stupid gimmick/crutch anyway.

I'm not going to judge until I see what this actually results in on Live. But damn, Blizzard have done a really poor job with the balancing when they need to toss around huge buffs and nerfs like this.. Didn't they say in a interview before release that they felt very confident about the classes and that they wanted to avoid doing huge changes in balancing as that often felt very bad for the players affected? Yet these numbers are one of the hugest I've seen in a "hotfix", ever?

They clearly messed up Demon Hunters AoE, it was rather ridiculous. But how did they manage to ignore that for the entire BETA? Players have made artifact choices based on Demon Hunters AoE and how that affects the class overall DPS. Some people are simply getting completely screwed over by such huge nerfs making a lot of artifact power going to waste.

Not to mention the fact that many people might have chosen to play Demon Hunter for it's "bouncy" playstyle. It looks to me like nerfing Throw Glaives and Fel Rush this hard will make the whole bouncy Fel Rush / Vengeful Retreat redundant as it will not be a logical part of the rotation any longer. They are really changing and messing with the whole playstyle of Havoic with these nerfs. No matter whether the changes are "needed" or not, that is a really bad place for players to be in and Blizzard should feel really ashamed that they had to go to these steps to begin with.

They even nerf Vengeance Demon Hunter, and they are by no doubt the weakest tank in the game so players that feel like they don't enjoy the more stationary Havoc spec they are now forced into playing can't really change spec's either as Vengeance was really poor to begin with, not welcome in most RAID's and now they nerf them further into the mud.

The nerf to Shadow Priests look ugly was well. It really kills the whole risk/reward system of the spec, which is the sole point for many to play the spec to begin with...

I do understand the game needs a sense of balance between classes. But man, how can you put yourself in a situation that you feel that you need to make huge changes like this completely butchering the playstyle for some classes? Blizzard have done a piss poor job when they feel the need for huge changes like this. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    Very few people kept playing BrM, I left it myself, for which I was extremely sad, but this new gameplay of the spec is pure and unadultered garbage. It can perform very nicely, it's not that bad per se, it's just the worst tank to play by a mile and a half, it's boring and not really engaging. I'll take back my Guard, Chi Explosion, Dyzzing Haze and Shuffle when they'll admit they screwed up this revamp (of course it's never going to happen, stubborn dev is stubborn).

I must have some skill in picking the wrong classes, always hoping in magical and miracolous fixes. Shadow Priest, Brewmaster Monk... meh.
    It's really becoming annoying, especially in a alt-unfriendly expansion like Legion.
    Honestly, I feel like BrM is a half-finished spec. Everything about it plays like it wants to be a self-healing class, and yet it has virtually NO self-healing. Orbs drop insanely infrequently, and without healing, Stagger and Purify end up being terribly inefficient mechanics, especially since Purify now has diminishing returns. I can sit on a mob nearly all day on my Paladin, but BrM does not have anywhere near the mitigation and self-sustain that many other tank classes have. I keep playing it and thinking "Is this really it? Is this what it was supposed to be?". If I have a healer on me, I'm great. I'm basically providing them with a healing boost! But solo, BrM just feels like trash.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    completly gutting out DH while not even touching monks which are stronger then DH and barely touching unholy/arms which are on par with those - blizzard team is fucking retarded i wouldnt hire them even in mcdonald to make fries -_-
    Monks were already nerfed, you deserved to be ploughed into the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psyholic View Post
    Although it is true that our AoE DMG was insane (as well as monk's and they remained untouched) they nerfed both, our AoE and Single target DMG. I think they overreacted to the first raid logs. Gonna have to reroll class, 1 month worth for nothing ^^
    Monks were not untouched. They were nerfed already. Rerolling cause you're not severely OP tells me everything I need to know about you. Good luck finding your next flotm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    I had two chars for our raids, a Shadow Priest, and a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Today, I unsubbed, and apologized to my guild.

Fuck Blizzard, bunch of mouthbreathing idiots with literally zero clue on their own game.
    Fuck WoW, Legion was a fucking asian quest-fest, dungeons were nothing but trash-smashing, and then bosses who fell over due to an almost complete lack of mechanics.
    Raid looked good design-wise, but no set-items, bosses wheren't exciting at all, no, now I understand why som many long lasting Blizzard employees quit...
    I wouldn't want to spoil my name and reputation on something as shit as this, because that is what Legion is: Complete and utter shit, maintained bye people who'd do better in the special olympics.

Glad Destiny just got an expansion, maybe I'll go back to that.
    I bet your parents are so proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post

For ele shaman I know that my survivability can't compete with my demon hunter (havoc), warlock (afflic), or monk (ww). For instance, I feel like we need to have the healing surge consume maelstrom to make it instant if maelstrom is available or have healing surge scale better. My shaman is still only 106 though -- so my complaint is purely in the leveling realm.
    sadly outside groups (raid/5 mans) ele/enh end up spending too much of their maelstorm on heals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raincrow View Post
    Honestly, I feel like BrM is a half-finished spec. Everything about it plays like it wants to be a self-healing class,
    its stuck forcing the artifact trait for permanent heals but keeping you down around 35% (gib state for some encounters)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    This seems odd. These seem like big huge modifications for some classes and specs. What happened to the fine tuning and being deliberate?
    I have two concerns here.

First -- how did things get so bad that they needed such significant changes? Something seems very wrong here.
    That's what I don't get. What was beta for? Why were some of these not applied then? It's completely rotten to make people put all this grind into their spec and then pull the rug out from under them, which was one of my primary problems with artifacts in the first place.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I love these patch notes everytime they drop.

Love watching the "sky is falling" derps cry about their spec being dead or that they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedHeart View Post
    As an Arms player for many years, let me address all the doomsayers saying Arms is dead.

I agree that the exploit the weakness nerf was the wrong way to go about it since it affects how the spec rotation feels rather than just the damage. No procs means no fun and no damage.

Let's do the math tho. Say you spend 20 rage at .65% per point spent, that's a 13% chance to proc tactician. With EtW at old 30%, you get 20/3 more rage spent = 6 rage. So then 26 * .65 = 16.9%.

Now with the new EtW at 9%, we get 20*.09 = 1.8 more rage. So 21.8 * .65 = 14.17%.

So the chance was only reduced by about 2.7%, which sucks yeah, but it's not world shattering. Arms will still be good, just probably not top of the charts as much.
    I read posts like this, and I get why WoW will never be balanced.

One one hand, you have to practically be a math major to play your class - see above. It's a game. I don't want to have to calculate anything to play a game. I get that there are min/maxers who drive down 5 decimal points into everything, but that's not fun to most people.

On the other hand, you mention fun. If they made specs for fun, ie. payoffs for the player, the entire raiding community would fall to the floor in tears of rage because it's "Dumbing down the game!"

How do you design to that? They've tried the middle road approach, and a little of each...and everyone complained.

Wow will never be balanced.

Me, i think they should just say "fuck balance" and go for whatever they want. Demon hunters are OP? They're supposed to be, deal with it. But add things to other classes to make up for not being top DPS - everything now is based off the DPS meter, unless you're healing, and that's just dumb. Start designing true support classes and talents so players will still be needed, regardless if they're top on DPS meters.

Eh, fuck it. Everyone will complain about that, too.

That's why WoW will never be balanced - there are too many camps with too many agendas and while the average WoW player doesn't know what they want, they complain no matter what you give them, because it's tradition and habit now to complain.

It sucks that they nerfed Havoc so badly, but they have their reasons. If it does poorly because of this, maybe they'll make adjustments.

What the hell? Why did they fuck with the outlaw artifact traits? It wasn't needed at all. And poor Shape, getting abused while mage continues to get buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What the hell? Why did they fuck with the outlaw artifact traits? It wasn't needed at all. And poor Shape, getting abused while mage continues to get buffs.
    Well fire mages are the good performers but both other specs were in pretty bad shape(especially frost). As you can see there were no buffs to fire so you needn't worry about unjustified buffs!