Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Of course he ran cover for the Saudis, no one is surprised by this. Bush did too.

People just don't understand that political leadership is a special "elite" club. They won't go against one of their own. There is really only one party in this country (it just shows you two faces to give you the illusion of choice). Only a few people are still falling for it, most aren't.

That's why they all hate Trump and he has them all in a tither. He isn't a member of that club and the club members are afraid of what he might do to affect their little club if he wins. Why do you think the Bushes are supporting Hillary? Because the family that attacked Iraq twice someone finds Trump distasteful? Hahaha, that is almost as ridiculous as Hillary saying thatTtrump is the "dangerous" one when she bombed out Libya with Obams with no congressional approval at all....
    This isn't just about the Saudis, as distasteful as we might find them. Its about the precedence this sets for other countries to sue us for shit we do to them.

Try long term thinking.

I for one look forward to making the parties answer to Afghanistan and Iraq in response to this vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Of course he ran cover for the Saudis, no one is surprised by this. Bush did too.

People just don't understand that political leadership is a special "elite" club. They won't go against one of their own. There is really only one party in this country (it just shows you two faces to give you the illusion of choice). Only a few people are still falling for it, most aren't.

That's why they all hate Trump and he has them all in a tither. He isn't a member of that club and the club members are afraid of what he might do to affect their little club if he wins. Why do you think the Bushes are supporting Hillary? Because the family that attacked Iraq twice someone finds Trump distasteful? Hahaha, that is almost as ridiculous as Hillary saying thatTtrump is the "dangerous" one when she bombed out Libya with Obams with no congressional approval at all....
    You dont put the blame on a country for the acts of a few people, and if this goes off, expect to see a big wave of lawsuits against the US (that's international relations 101)
    you understand that?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, if they overturn the veto, this opens up the US getting sued from other countries too. Diplomatic immunity is a 2 way street
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This really does sum it up....

/EndThread.
    This. Not everything is "America versus the world," nor should it be. That's Luddite thinking at best (at worst, it's actively dangerous in an interconnected world). If this legislation were to go through, America would pretty much give up its own diplomatic immunity all in the name of yet another example of misguided vengeance without any forethought. That's how we ended up at war for fifteen going on sixteen years non-stop with nothing to show for it but yet another radical extremist group seizing the reins in the power vacuum we created in one sloppy theater after another.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Is this what MMO-C has become? A news reposting site where the OP doesn't even comment or offer their opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Is this what MMO-C has become? A news reposting site where the OP doesn't even comment or offer their opinion?
    It's been that way for a long time. The news is great, but it's senseless that people cut and paste the news to bump their post count (as if it matters), but don't care enough to talk about their topic. These wallflowers should be prohibited from spamming new threads.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    It's been that way for a long time. The news is great, but it's senseless that people cut and paste the news to bump their post count (as if it matters), but don't care enough to talk about their topic. These wallflowers should be prohibited from spamming new threads.

too much of a hassle to boost it that way. got myself almost the same amount of post count without any threads opened; just by commenting in existing threads.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-09-24 at 06:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Wait a second ...

so does that mean the whole world can sue USA for it's involvement in A LOT of shit around the world?

Woah, you REALLY don't want that, USA ... oh no, you don't.
    Sure they can. Who's gonna come try to collect?

I'll let you think about what will happen to that unfortunate soul.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Obama sides with Islam against America.

If I could post memes here I'd be showing up the surprised kitten right now.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Obama vetoes stupid attention-seeking bill that would do nothing but cause ultimately pointless cases that waste the time of US courts. Big news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Obama sides with Islam.

Shocking...
    The Saudi royal family is main sworn enemy of ISIS and Al Qaeda.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Obama sides with Islam.

Shocking...
    Saudi Arabia = Islam since when?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Sure they can. Who's gonna come try to collect?

I'll let you think about what will happen to that unfortunate soul.
    Sooo pissing off pretty much the entire rest of the world is worth a meaningless lawsuit that will go nowhere?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Since ...since ...forever?
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with "since brown people = islam" or some such nonsense.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Then why does Al Qaeda hate the Saudis so much?
    -ynnady

Saudi Arabians are typically Islamic, but they aren't representative of Islam. Do you see the difference?

Saudi Arabians are typically Islamic, but they aren't representative of Islam. Do you see the difference?
    Right ok a thing isn't representative of itself.

At any rate all I wanted to express was that Obama is siding with "the side we all knew he would" instead of America.

Hope that clears it up.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I think Obama IS siding with America. He doesnt want Americans sued for our variation actions overseas, which is a precedent this would set since diplomatic immunity is a 2 way street. It just so happens this was aimed at Saudi Arabia.

At any rate all I wanted to express was that Obama is siding with "the side we all knew he would" instead of America.

Hope that clears it up.
    Yes, a thing isn't representative of itself. Do you think Jeffrey Dahmer is representative of all white men?

How does clogging up the American court system with pointless show-trials help America or count as siding with America? What happened to the right wing hating litigiousness and wasting the court's time?
    -ynnady

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the King of Saudi Arabia is the "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques".
    very islamic, i guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    very islamic, i guess ?
    One of the many reasons that most extremist Islamist groups are out to kill him and his family and destroy his government.
    -ynnady

Hope that clears it up.
    Individuals belonging to a broad group are not necessarily representative of the entirety of the broad group. It's really not a hard concept.

America is a western culture, but America != western culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    very islamic, i guess ?
    Islamic, yes. Representative of Islam, no.