Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    that's fine, protest that cop or the specific police dept. Why burn the flag, the rest of America didn't do shit, the ideals represented by that flag are great ideals, just because people haven't lived up to those ideals doesn't mean it deserves to be burned.
    What if the American justice system is actively protecting the people that do that?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Man gets in trouble for exercising rights afforded to him as a citizen.

I sure hope the people in the thread shitting on the constitution hate the 2nd amendment as much as they hate the 1st.
    Is the government trying to punish him for this?

No?

They aren't?

Ok.

Then his rights aren't being infringed.

Recall meme.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Why can't blacks protest peacefully?

And when one peacefully protests by kneeling during the national anthem?

No, not like that.

Peacefully seems to be a code word for invisibly.
    how about protests directed towards actual shit that makes you upset, not offend half the nation because you have a grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What if the American values being hated are oppression and violence? For example, would you say that a slave who burned the flag should leave because he hates slavery being legal?
    If he had the freedom to leave in the first place, then he wouldn't have been a slave.

10+ Year Old Account
    ANyways, Im not gonna waste my bday arguing here. CHOCOLATE FONDUE NOMNOMNOM.

does eating an AMerican flag count as desecration? I plan on getting strawberries, blueberries and whiped cream...

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Is the government trying to punish him for this?
    Doesn't he work at a State school?

how about protests directed towards actual shit that makes you upset, not offend half the nation because you have a grievance.
    Oh were you offended when black people asked not to be shot? Did it hurt your fee-fees?
    -ynnady

You do not have the right to not be offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    That flag worship you have over there is disgusting. Only serves to brainwash the youth.

But trying to get those punished who took the pictures, is stupid as hell.

Because to me it "does" make you a bad person. Just like WBC are bad people, BLM are bad people, and the KKK are bad people
    Are the KKK bad people because it's socially unacceptable for you to like them, or because you actually disagree with them? If you do disagree with them, please tell me how.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Again, American values include peaceful protesting and protection of distasteful views as long as they dont harm or lead to harm.

So they ARE abiding by Ameircan values. ts just ones you dont agree with.
    Lets say I go make a thread about how to burn Qurans and I put up Quran burning gifs and link to YT vids with Qurans on fire.

You'd lock it right?

Because its not in keeping with the standards of this forum community, right?

Well that community thinks what that teacher did isn't in keeping with the standards of their community and so they want him gone.

Bam. Dunked it.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Again, American values include peaceful protesting and protection of distasteful views as long as they dont harm or lead to harm.

So they ARE abiding by Ameircan values. ts just ones you dont agree with.
    And informing sponsors of the athletes that are protesting that I refuse to partake in the sponsors wares so long as they remain with said athletes is also a peaceful counter protest, as is calling the athletes un American or any other protected speech.

Lets say I go make a thread about how to burn Qurans and I put up Quran burning gifs and link to YT vids with Qurans on fire.

You'd lock it right?

Well that community thinks what that teacher did isn't in keeping with the standards of their community and so they want him gone.

Bam. Dunked it.
    The standards here include avoiding purely religious discussions, not purely political discussions, so in the case of the standards here, religion =/= politics.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account

You'd lock it right?

Bam. Dunked it.
    and if the community wants him gone, then thats fine. Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences, and thatn includes termination for breaking the values of a business / school district (although this 2nd one is less clear).

Ive only ever took issue with classifying people we disagree with as anti-AMerican.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole obsession with respecting the flag is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    And informing sponsors of the athletes that are protesting that I refuse to partake in the sponsors wares so long as they remain with said athletes is also a peaceful counter protest, as is calling the athletes un American or any other protected speech.
    Thats fine too. Protesting a protestor is a perfectly American value, and both sides do it regularly.

Just understand I disagree with your protected speech on calling him anti-AMerican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, he's within his rights to stomp on the flag, at least one he already owns.

I don't really see why you 'cons get so butt-hurt yourself. Oh no, someone stomped on the flag, someone doesn't like America oh no my whole world view of America being loved by everyone in the world is shattered. Seriously? Do you actually believe that sort of garbage?
    Jingoism in the 21st century.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I suppose your list of "good people" is limited only to people who get a raging boner when they hear the word America? I mean hell you've got quite a range of people here, from people expressing their, however distasteful opinion via the flag to people who literally kill other Americans who don't agree with them.

Protip: you don't get to decide who are bad people. You'll find your life runs a lot easier when you realize that the reason all the people you don't like aren't being punished, arrested, or deported is because they're not actually breaking the law.
    Actually I can make my own definitions to whom I think are bad people or not. To be a Person who burns the American flag in protest is a despicable piece of shit unworthy of my time or recognition.

also fun fact, when I was a corporate recruiter, I used to scan peoples social media before I hired them, if they liked pictures of burning American flags or had pictures of them doing it, I tossed their CV in the trash. Many, and I mean many, recruiters do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Doesn't he work at a State school?
    Could be, which opens up an interesting avenue because flag desecration in that state (NC) is a misdemeanor.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    he indoctrination of youth and the programming of radical anti-American sentiment is an ever growing and ever vicious plague but its nice to see that its not a nation wide pandemic ...yet.
    The only indoctrination here is telling kids that a piece if cloth is sacred.