Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Actually I can make my own definitions to whom I think are bad people or not. To be a Person who burns the American flag in protest is a despicable piece of shit unworthy of my time or recognition.

also fun fact, when I was a corporate recruiter, I used to scan peoples social media before I hired them, if they liked pictures of burning American flags or had pictures of them doing it, I tossed their CV in the trash. Many, and I mean many, recruiters do the same.
    Would you call a slave who burned the flag a despicable piece of trash? How about an interned Japanese person? How about a Native American whose family was mass murdered by the U.S. government?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    And informing sponsors of the athletes that are protesting that I refuse to partake in the sponsors wares so long as they remain with said athletes is also a peaceful counter protest, as is calling the athletes un American or any other protected speech.
    Absolutely, and from what I've read, the NFL has already noticed a down tick of ratings.

also fun fact, when I was a corporate recruiter, I used to scan peoples social media before I hired them, if they liked pictures of burning American flags or had pictures of them doing it, I tossed their CV in the trash. Many, and I mean many, recruiters do the same.
    You're free to do that. I do the same with people publicly proclaiming their love for the Confederate flag.

The youtuber, mundane matt, covered this, and you can just feel the biased feelings of the OP in the post. The teacher was doing a lesson on the 1st amendment rights, he wasnt some crazy or moonbat individual.

The problem was that he is a teacher at a school that is very close to a military base, which you could say it was a military school. So alot of the students took offense to this show of the first amend rights. This is just badly biased posts showing something way out of hand here.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    I don't know what the accompanying caption was, but for example if the kid labeled the picture as proof that the teacher hates America (especially without mentioning the context of the lesson), then that could potentially qualify as defamation.

But by suing his student, he certainly isn't doing himself any favors.
    Yeah, he's done unless all the other students side with him.

You're free to do that. I do the same with people publicly proclaiming their love for the Confederate flag.
    As do I, who said I support the confederate flag?

Because to me it "does" make you a bad person. Just like WBC are bad people, BLM are bad people, and the KKK are bad people
    Are the KKK bad people because it's socially unacceptable for you to like them, or because you actually disagree with them? If you do disagree with them, please tell me how.
    -ynnady

As do I, who said I support the confederate flag?
    No one did.

lets see. was he within his rights to stomp on a flag? yes. especially since it seems federal law overrules the state law. was the student within his rights to take the flag away? yes. teacher even stated as much. did the student have a right to take a picture of their teacher AND share it on social media without teacher's permission? I don't know what the law says about that. I'm not seeing any defamation there, but I AM seeing teacher being endangered.

I may not like people stomping on symbols, but that doesn't change the fact that they have a protected right to do so. should teacher be fired? judging by the quotes that I saw from him - no, I don't think so. should student be punished for posting that photo on social media? again, I'm leaning towards no, and while unfortunately, removing it will no longer remove it from the internet or stop the harassment, but I'd still get that student to remove the photo off their page, as well as introduce them to the concept of "you just opened up that person to death threats from random strangers, so may be next time consider consequences of your public shaming acts? " you know a quick refresher on internet and all the dregs of society it seems to attract.

I have to say though, the bias in fox articles was so thick, you could cut it with that "young patriot's" knife.

No one did.
    My bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Man gets in trouble for exercising rights afforded to him as a citizen.

I sure hope the people in the thread shitting on the constitution hate the 2nd amendment as much as they hate the 1st.
    Funnily enough it's some of the same people who were foaming earlier in another thread about someone they agree with, being "silenced". Now they seem to have no objections to the exact same with someone they don't like. Infact, they are screaming for the opposite from what they earlier did. They seem to think freedom of speech is only good if it concerns something they agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Funnily enough it's some of the same people who were foaming earlier in another thread about someone they agree with, being "silenced". Now they seem to have no objections to the exact same with someone they don't like. Infact, they are screaming for the opposite from what they earlier did. They seem to think freedom of speech is only good if it concerns something they agree with.
    In all honesty the fact this was a lesson on amendment rights should be the end of the discussion.

I'm sure teaching a bunch of kids indoctrinated into the fetishization of the military may not have been the best audience though.

Is that the thread about a man who is exempt from libel lawsuits, because a plaintiff cannot bring a libel lawsuit against a defendant with a public reputation as a liar?

Is that the thread about a man who is exempt from libel lawsuits, because a plaintiff cannot bring a libel lawsuit against a defendant with a public reputation as a liar?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...im-off-the-air

That one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Ah, we're talking about the same one after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I see this little teenage twerp didn't understand the lesson that the teacher was teaching; that the First Amendment supports ALL speech, even speech you disagree with, even speech that can be seen as "anti-American."
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So I see this little teenage twerp didn't understand the lesson that the teacher was teaching; that the First Amendment supports ALL speech, even speech you disagree with, even speech that can be seen as "anti-American."
    How exactly didn't he understand it?

How exactly didn't he understand it?
    What do you dislike about the KKK, Tony?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What do you dislike about the KKK, Tony?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty bad when people care about flag more than values this flag is supposed to represent...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.