Poll: Do you want an update to the old world similar to Cataclysm?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, because I think the first world revamp was fucking atrocious.

Imagine a re-cataclysm to fit an old god(ish) theme, with all that Blizzard knows now. I think it would be magnificent, and a great way for Blizzard introduce their new level scaling system to the old world. I'm thinking every ~20 levels would be a set of areas, with Azeroth giving players the option to go all the way from 1-120. The world has been shifted and altered and twisted to reflect the "true" Hour of Twilight, but in general the old zones are expansion-less; I don't want another case of every zone for leveling reflecting an evil that no longer lives. Thankfully, Old Gods themselves are pretty timeless and hard to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I just would have loved world quests to be really world quests. As in all of the world. It's not a complete reshape, just add quests in other areas as well. Was a nice opportunity for Blizz to reuse old content. To bad they missed it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I would like to see a lot of the shit fixed. How long do we plan to leave a fiery line through the barrens? How long does it really take to fix all the stuff that went badly over the years? With phasing tech, it seems like it would be possible to, albeit a lot of work, change how the world appears based upon level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    If the Exodar is really "leaving for Argus", we're going to be seeing some kind of world-update in the future - it's just a question of how far-reaching it will be.
    Updating Azuremyst and the Exodar would be fine. But wait for the relevant expansion to do it.

Only if you want horrible end game content. If you want new things and not just redone old stuff (and lose the ability to go back to places you liked), then just leave the world as is. Move new expansions to new areas/worlds.

Cata was still the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    If the Exodar is really "leaving for Argus", we're going to be seeing some kind of world-update in the future - it's just a question of how far-reaching it will be.
    You know... the Exodar can leave and stay at the same time. Look at Dalaran (Northrend & Broken Isles).

I think they should fix all the damage that the cataclysm caused, like removing that ugly ass volcano in Ashenvale. Its also pretty stupid that people experience Deathwing as the villain during 1-60, while his story doesn't continue till 80-85. If they do ever revamp the 1-60 experience, they should ease with all the joke and parody quests and try to write some better quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess thematically I would but updating the entire world? Too costly
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Sure it would be cool to fix up the zones into revamped pre Cataclysm state with new (scaling)quests and updated art but it would be way too costly I guess. I really hate 90% of the Cata changes to the old zones actually.

A thousand times yes!

Honestly, if they revamped Azeroth with level scaling I sincerely doubt I'd ever set foot in the expansion zones again while leveling. Maybe Wrath, but that's about it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is such a small piece anyways. I'd rather them use those resources on endgame content, instead of updating something people will spend a few minutes in.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I want all of EK and Kalimdor to be redone and reflect the present day Azeroth. This going back in time to Deathwing doesn't work anymore.

If the old world pre-cata was still intact I would say no, don't touch it, but that's been gone for over six years and it's not coming back, so might as well change up the old world again.

As for Northrend and Outland... that's a tough choice. I wouldn't change anything there, but at the same time you don't want to destroy hand crafted content that took years to make respectively, it must always be available somehow, yet we still need the new Northrend to reflect Lich King Bolvar, and we need a new Outland to reflect the situation post-Black Temple events and post-Kael'thas death.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    So as a Player, would you like for the world to be updated again after the Legion Invasion, or would you like Azeroth to remain the same? Discuss.
    Tbh I'd prefer a total new MMO with new concepts/gameplay based on the Warcraft lore. You can't fix and improve everything simply with xpacs

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know... the Exodar can leave and stay at the same time. Look at Dalaran (Northrend & Broken Isles).
    True but they'll need a left version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really, I want to see the scarred world repair and develop in a new way, so we can at least have a little impression of how things are developing.
    This. But also I want to see EPL and WPL not be so undead invested. I want to see green and territory being conquered. Perhaps if one must have these old zones, you would be in a scenario where stuff was back the way it used to be in EPL and WPL. But mostly I really dislike the gaping wounds in the world.

Deleted
    Next xpac is old gods winning. So yes, cata2.0 incomming.

Glenn kills Sylvannas who joins old gods to avoid the void for now.
    Forsaken are re-taken in by one of bolvar's minions, prolly thassarian he's an elf and has a human bf, pretty much like sylvannas except more useless.
    Azeroth was old god all along.
    Jaina is killed by Anduin and in turn revived by the DKs as the new KT.
    Turalyon comes back.
    Illidan's army of light was all a trick by KJ.
    Naa'ru are old gods.
    Monk is removed.

You might ask "Why?" Because warcraft works off "can we make this more stupid" and I think this is apex idiocy.

Deleted
    I would be up for scaling levels for new toons. So you can pick and choose where you want to level wherever you want. It would help new players feel more like they can explore as they please. Of course they should cap at a certain level so it feels like you actually have progressed rather than being constantly in a danger zone wherever you go.

As for reshaping the world? Nah, although i think it might be time that we saw some more differences in Northrend and maybe Outland. They still feel remarkably disjointed compared to the changes in Azeroth. I understand they are expansion zones but in a game like WoW they shouldn't really feel like expansion zones if you get my meaning.

Yes and no. On one hand, I was very excited to see what had changed and what new lore it added (e.g. Cataclysm's revamp of northern EK gave us tons of new Forsaken/Sylvanas lore as well as added Gilneas and framed the worgen/forsaken conflict). On the other hand, it's such a huge process that it will eat away from new zones and endgame, which totally sucks. Phased scenarios seem to have worked well since then, but I don't know how grand they can stretch.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I just want the timelines not to be so disjointed.

The problem with the cata revamp is they remade the old world to follow cata's (horrible) story. I would like them to add a few tweaks to change the zones from cata zones to their own independent zones with their own little story lines. Zones like Redridge stand better because that zone is mostly focused around Keeshan and his rambo questline, and it doesn't have much to do with the Twilight Cult other than the blackrock orcs being involved. Then there are zones like Silverpine/Thousand Needles where it just feels so awkward to be there.

It's way too weird, you level 1-60 worrying about Deathwing, then 60-70 worrying about Illidan, 70-80 worrying about the Lich King, 80-90 worrying about Deathwing and Garrosh, then there's the time travelling bullshit, and then you get to the present.

Holy shit typing that out made me cringe, it's so unbelievably bad. I wish they would do something about it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, alot 1-60 level quests are Fun and have alot Important Lore and Storylines.

New Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms after new "Cataclysm" might have better graphics but new 1-60lvl quests probably will be worse Lorewise and will not able to explain Original WOW Lore/Storyline

Blizzard should keep 1-60lvl quests so new players will be able to understand WOW Lore/Storyline Pre MOP/WOD/Legion