Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    On heroic, there are plenty of bloods that you dont want to be caught in when they explode making epidemic great.
    ST dmg on the adds and heart is more important than getting some padded damage on the bloods tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    If you have legendary bracers, run unholy frenzy instead of castigator
    I have simmed this and it show 3k dps higher then castigator. I'll try it and see how it goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astador View Post
    All the guides say take Deadly Grace pots, but I was always confused by that since it seems to benefit casters more. So is Old War definitely the way to go? Seems like you can get over 6 mill with 2 Deadly Grace pots in a fight.

For anyone still wondering about Clawing Shadows, just don't. I had terrible luck on drops in heroics and mythics and so my gear has a boatload of mastery on it and not much crit/haste. First night I was middle-of-the-pack on rankings in my bracket, so tonight when we did Xavius I figured I'd give CS a whirl. With 55%+ mastery I thought it would have to give me a DPS boost, right? Nope. Was complete crap.
    It was deadly grace Tuesday morning but by Tuesday night it went back to old war. Hotfix on 9 21.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes TONS of misinformation floating around about necrosis and AWS etc. The thing is people were going by a Sims that was done a month ago and not actually trying these talents live. There were no changes made at all. One guy put in a icy veins guide not to take necrosis and hundreds read that and repeated it. Same for the trinkets list made in early September. Ursics paw is number two in the list cause of the 1400 strength, so it Sims high. Everyone that got it this week all said it stinks

Nitiron s advice was spot on as said. Everyone should be directed to his post when they ask how to DK for emerald nightmare. :-)

Clawing shadows is still garbage.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Dookip View Post
    ST dmg on the adds and heart is more important than getting some padded damage on the bloods tho
    This imo, don't see a reason to talent Epidemic on this as nuking heart is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookip View Post
    its not padding if the adds need to die, and die fast. hello?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a tough spot for I'll gyoth.. yes adds need to die at once so epidemic is a no brainer. But DnD SS can do just as much but risk being rune starved... other adds on that fight need to die just as fast and take longer then three epidemic charges. With more gear in a few weeks it will be easier on heroic
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    It's a tough spot for I'll gyoth.. yes adds need to die at once so epidemic is a no brainer. But DnD SS can do just as much but risk being rune starved... other adds on that fight need to die just as fast and take longer then three epidemic charges. With more gear in a few weeks it will be easier on heroic
    Don't know about mythic but on heroic they die pretty fucking fast. Unless you run like 10 sub rogues or something.

Interesting stuff here, I ran AWS/PP/SI for all fights but I'm definitely interested in trying Necrosis for Neth/Ursoc and maybe Dragons also. I did miss BS on alot of fights for the passive cleave as its a pain swapping targets for mini adds on Spiderbird, Dragons and C'thun 2.0 plus there is plenty of potential for BS on Cenarius and Xavius.

I always though Necrosis should be strong considering you want to avoid RP capping and keep runic corruption rolling as often as posibble, will definitely give it a shot next clear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Interesting stuff here, I ran AWS/PP/SI for all fights but I'm definitely interested in trying Necrosis for Neth/Ursoc and maybe Dragons also. I did miss BS on alot of fights for the passive cleave as its a pain swapping targets for mini adds on Spiderbird, Dragons and C'thun 2.0 plus there is plenty of potential for BS on Cenarius and Xavius.

I always though Necrosis should be strong considering you want to avoid RP capping and keep runic corruption rolling as often as posibble, will definitely give it a shot next clear.
    yep same here. always thought to myself Necrosis should be real good but icy veins and stupid wowhead guides all say dont do it. i DC a lot in between FS and SS so after reading Nitiron's advice I tried it and fell in love with the talent. SimC said SI and IC are better. REAL Raiding play tells a different story

Nyth: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Dragons of Nightmare: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Elerethre Renferal: BS, Epidemic, SI

Il'Gyanoth: BS, Epidemic, SI

Ursoc: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Cenarius: BS, PP, SI

Xavius: BS, PP, SI

saw on Discord Necrosis works good on Mythic +. Now I have to try that for myself this weekend
    Filthy Casual

Lots of good info here. Appreciate the read. I got the Bracers last night and I can see why Unholy Frenzy is the go to t3 talent, but I'm curious how that effects stat weights. Seeing as Cast swings Crit so high, does bracer+UF = less crit weight. I had never considered UF given the wealth of misinformation plaguing our class forums.

Also I think Ursoc paw is currently bug or NYI properly. The tooltip says Stacks 1 time. Why would it say that if it wasn't intended to stack multiple times? I got an 885 vs of the trinket last night, it's hard to look at the waste land of trinkets in EN and turn your nose up at 1700 str. I'm anticipating a hotfix to "Stacks 10 times" on Tuesday.

regardless, /braces for Tuesday. Get ready to duck that bat.
    Last edited by Vycaus; 2016-09-23 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    yep same here. always thought to myself Necrosis should be real good but icy veins and stupid wowhead guides all say dont do it. i DC a lot in between FS and SS so after reading Nitiron's advice I tried it and fell in love with the talent. SimC said SI and IC are better. REAL Raiding play tells a different story
    SimC has always said that Necrosis performs better than SI and IC.

On mythic the bloods put a stacking debuff on everyone upon death, but sure go ahead and spec epidemic

AWS is not better; having played it, the Skulker will break off his attack when if you're too far from your target, massively reducing his uptime for any fight where you have to leave melee range for an extended period of time. Personally I've found that even at low mastery levels and even below 25% crit chance, Bursting Sores massively outperforms the Skulker on any single target encounter, and Ebon Fever is the better choice for any add-heavy fight, a la Il'gynoth.

Epidemic is largely worthless, as most fights even with adds do have a single target element at one point or another, for an extended period of time, causing Epidemic to hinder your rune generation.

Bursting Sores - Pestilent Pustules - Castigator - Belcher - Anything - Infected Claws - Soul Reaper is a pretty broadly good spec for virtually every fight in EN. You could swap Bursting Sores for Ebon Fever on Il'gynoth, and maybe Cenarius and be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by raionyx View Post
    AWS is not better; having played it, the Skulker will break off his attack when if you're too far from your target, massively reducing his uptime for any fight where you have to leave melee range for an extended period of time. Personally I've found that even at low mastery levels and even below 25% crit chance, Bursting Sores massively outperforms the Skulker on any single target encounter, and Ebon Fever is the better choice for any add-heavy fight, a la Il'gynoth.

Epidemic is largely worthless, as most fights even with adds do have a single target element at one point or another, for an extended period of time, causing Epidemic to hinder your rune generation.

Bursting Sores - Pestilent Pustules - Castigator - Belcher - Anything - Infected Claws - Soul Reaper is a pretty broadly good spec for virtually every fight in EN. You could swap Bursting Sores for Ebon Fever on Il'gynoth, and maybe Cenarius and be perfectly fine.
    AWS is great for pure ST damage. That means on neth and ursoc. For The rest of the fights in EN, bursting sores is the way to go. Haven't used infected claws as much but I do believe that shadow infusion is the superior talent for both ST and aoe. Il'lynoth is actually more of a ST fight since it is mostly about add single target priority and the ST eye burn phases. Taking ebon Fever simply wouldn't be worth it. I take bursting sores and epidemic for the blob cleave. This is the only fight in the entire raid where I take epidemic. Damn I wish pestilent pustules was baseline... I have way more downtime when specc'd into Epi instead of pp.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-09-24 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    AWS is great for pure ST damage. That means on neth and ursoc. For The rest of the fights in EN, bursting sores is the way to go. Haven't used infected claws as much but I do believe that shadow infusion is the superior talent for both ST and aoe.
    Necrosis is the actual supremely ultra superior ST talent.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Necrosis is the actual supremely ultra superior ST talent.
    oh yeah forgot about necrosis. My mistake.

Do you guys mind to give me an insite about Necrosis "rotation".

As far as I know I should be SSing after DC, right?

I am finding hard to get rid of my runes and RP, I am always capping trying to keep Necrosis buff up and also, I dont see any DPS increase, so I must be doing something wrong.

As far as simulations go, I am getting like 2-3k DPS difference between Necrosis and Shadow Infusion.

Thanks alot!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying necrosis is the better ST choice, yet i find infected claws to work rather well at 30% crit and 22% haste.

Maybe once you have sudden doom necrosis becomes very attractive but i fear for being rune starved although you're spamming dc.

Deleted
    Capping rp doesn't seem to be such a big DPS loss now compared to previously.

Obviously this is relative to which talents you are running and not wasting too much rp*.

* how much is too much? I have no idea.

In heroic not really need to change your talents on every fight. I take AWS/epi/SI and done full with it. Decide what talent take is for mythic.