Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Is there any good soccer anime out there?
    Days, it's currently airing as well.

I don't much care for any of them, but Inazuma Eleven is kind of like a One-Piece/goofy characters and cartoony approach to the sport. Giant Killing is more serious, with a Hollywood-esque underdog story. Haven't heard of anything else worthy of note.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Days, it's currently airing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I don't much care for any of them, but Inazuma Eleven is kind of like a One-Piece/goofy characters and cartoony approach to the sport. Giant Killing is more serious, with a Hollywood-esque underdog story. Haven't heard of anything else worthy of note.
    Alright. Thanks. Ill check out Days and Giant Killing eventually. Inazuma seems a bit to kiddish for me to like but who knows what the future holds, I could possibly check it out aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Area no Kishi maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    That one sounds good. I think i started it at one point. Cant remember

Gundam Unicorn - 8/10 (Very good)

My most favorite anime OVA yet, and tied for my favorite Gundam series with IBO. The beginning is quite slow and laden with exposition your gonna have to look up on the wiki for a few minutes to understand, and the world of the story isn't explored (would've loved to see more of the colony!), and Riddhe and Mineva's characters weren't fleshed out as much as they could've been, but this is otherwise a solid story!

Umaru Chan - 6/10

A nice casual show to rinse out your memory after watching a dark or otherwise downer show. Nothing special, but it was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gundam Unicorn - 8/10 (Very good)

My most favorite anime OVA yet, and tied for my favorite Gundam series with IBO. The beginning is quite slow and laden with exposition your gonna have to look up on the wiki for a few minutes to understand, and the world of the story isn't explored (would've loved to see more of the colony!), and Riddhe and Mineva's characters weren't fleshed out as much as they could've been, but this is otherwise a solid story!

Umaru Chan - 6/10

A nice casual show to rinse out your memory after watching a dark or otherwise downer show. Nothing special, but it was nice.
    I've heard nothing but bad things about Unicorn so that's interesting that you enjoyed it. Have you watched Gundam 00? If so how did you feel about it.

I feel the same about Umaru, it was nothing great but it was fun and sometimes that's just what I need.

Unicorn ova is pretty highly regarded

Been steadily rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender with a friend. For not being proper anime, and for being a kid's show, this series delivers remarkably well on several points.

The uniqueness of each nation's martial arts in particular is impressive, lending an immediately recognizable aspect to each befitting its patron element. The development of a variety of characters is done effectively, with a special tip of the hat to Zuko. He is appropriately adolescent yet given weight by how his past shapes his present actions, and ultimately how he overcomes them. It also manages to have many scenes I find genuinely funny. It's like a Pixar movie: while there are plenty of gags for the kids it also contains some more nuanced humor.

Why I bring this up is that I have been shocked how much I enjoyed it, as I have honestly had difficulty finding an anime that I really appreciate of late. Pickings each season feel slimmer. I don't believe this is because anime is getting worse, but that after having sought out many of the best/those most suited to me I'm continually forced to unfavorably compare the new offerings with the old standbys. For instance, I'd take "91 Days" as my favorite anime of this last season, but even as it comes to a close I can't feel that it warrants more than a "7-7.5" as it mixes occasional brilliance with odd pacing at times and frequent dips in visual quality. It has been progressively more difficult to bring myself to sift through series in hopes of finding something that will impress. (That said, I do hold some hope out for when I get a chance to see "Koe no Katachi" or that other movie people have been talking about.)

Maybe I'm just hoping for too much out of anime and it's a sign that I either need to reevaluate my views or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    The uniqueness of each nation's martial arts in particular is impressive, lending an immediately recognizable aspect to each befitting its patron element.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/OdrMc

Why I bring this up is that I have been shocked how much I enjoyed it, as I have honestly had difficulty finding an anime that I really appreciate of late.
    I've kinda been in the same situation as of late; instead of watching anime, I've been taking a break and playing Binding of Isaac and watching The Room (2003). Totally worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there is a way to see when streaming services are getting certain shows back? I'm just about to finish Toradora, and would love to move to Oregairu or bokura wa minna kawaisou. Kawaisou is gone from CR, same with S1 of CR. I was hoping to not have to revert to sailing the seas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why I bring this up is that I have been shocked how much I enjoyed it, as I have honestly had difficulty finding an anime that I really appreciate of late. Pickings each season feel slimmer. I don't believe this is because anime is getting worse, but that after having sought out many of the best/those most suited to me I'm continually forced to unfavorably compare the new offerings with the old standbys. For instance, I'd take "91 Days" as my favorite anime of this last season, but even as it comes to a close I can't feel that it warrants more than a "7-7.5" as it mixes occasional brilliance with odd pacing at times and frequent dips in visual quality. It has been progressively more difficult to bring myself to sift through series in hopes of finding something that will impress. (That said, I do hold some hope out for when I get a chance to see "Koe no Katachi" or that other movie people have been talking about.)

Maybe I'm just hoping for too much out of anime and it's a sign that I either need to reevaluate my views or move on.
    That's more of a seasonal curse. Brought out in multiple ways. One big one being that anime you watch week by week doesn't have the impact that it would if you marathon it. Another just being a season not having a lot of great shows. Though if you look back and bundle up 5-6 of the past seasons and pick out extraordinary shows from those seasons, I bet you can get a good couple of them, if not more. It seems the past 2-3 seasons have been on a bit of a downward trend, but in a strange way. There are far more "good" shows, but less "great" ones. Hopefully it changes soon, with a lot of shows with good potential coming out in the next 2-3 seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to see when streaming services are getting certain shows back? I'm just about to finish Toradora, and would love to move to Oregairu or bokura wa minna kawaisou. Kawaisou is gone from CR, same with S1 of CR. I was hoping to not have to revert to sailing the seas.
    because.moe

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to see when streaming services are getting certain shows back?
    no way to tell what what shows might come back. that's one the reasons to pirate/purchase

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Zath and Bals. Looks like I can Hulu it up for SNAFU and go sailing for Kawaisou. 2 more episodes of Toradora!

grills of the wild 255 - Damn murphy's law, we finally could've had some progress in this chapter. Oh well, maybe next week?

- - - Updated - - -

That one sounds good. I think i started it at one point. Cant remember
    Area no Kishi is a fun and decent watch, but the anime adaptation stops quite abruptly in the story and the manga scanlation is quite irregular.

10+ Year Old Account
    grills of the wild 255 - Damn murphy's law, we finally could've had some progress in this chapter. Oh well, maybe next week?

- - - Updated - - -

Area no Kishi is a fun and decent watch, but the anime adaptation stops quite abruptly in the story and the manga scanlation is quite irregular.
    Yeah the anime got axed of low ratings in the middle of it's run.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Yeah the anime got axed of low ratings in the middle of it's run.
    Well that sucks. It seems like the perfect one to have some decent romance in it. /sigh much sadness. Oh well back to Major, already on s2 of rewatch

Well that sucks. It seems like the perfect one to have some decent romance in it. /sigh much sadness. Oh well back to Major, already on s2 of rewatch
    Yeah, it sucks. Also a shame no group picks up the manga either, one of the few more light hearted sports/high school manga like Baby steps with some decent romance in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this chapter supposed to make me absolutely mad? It succeeded.