Poll: Give everyone a legendary!

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Should legendaries be available to everyone?

Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    It's about watching a company gleefully flinging away its goodwill with both hands and engaging in a pissing contest with its customers. It's about coyness, and a lack of straightforwardness. It's about rude, flip responses to valid questions, using third-party media instead of an official site. It's about a loss of trust, and the perception of untruthfulness. It's about an attitude that has begun to border on complacency and deceitfulness. -Roycroft the Human Rogue (Paraphrased)

Seriously, fuck off with that logic. You're paying to partake in the gameplay, not to receive everything in the game. It is the most obnoxious and entitled yet horrendously flawed argument I see people spout on the official forums and occasionally MMO-C as well.

That being said, I don't disagree with the fact that the legendary system isn't good. I'm not a fan of it. They're common enough that you see them on other players regularly and if you don't have one/get the wrong one you're fucked, but rare enough to be impossible to feasibly obtain on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Seriously, fuck off with that logic. You're paying to partake in the gameplay, not to receive everything in the game. It is the most obnoxious and entitled yet horrendously flawed argument I see people spout on the official forums and occasionally MMO-C as well.

That being said, I don't disagree with the fact that the legendary system isn't good. I'm not a fan of it. They're common enough that you see them on other players regularly and if you don't have one/get the wrong one you're fucked, but rare enough to be impossible to feasibly obtain on purpose.
    I disagree on what I am paying for. I paying essentially paying for a game. Because of this, it doesn't seem like to big of a stretch to want access to ALL of the gameplay features it has included.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you keep playing, you will eventually get several legendaries. It's a fact. It's not a matter of if, it's simply a matter of time.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, they are available to everyone, just go find them..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

... "Main features"...? To you maybe, to me they're an afterthought at best. I'll get one if I do, if I don't I won't exactly cry. Not to myself or Blizzard.

They ARE available to everyone, they're just not guaranteed. I do feel like this could be a bait thread, but if it's not then no... I don't agree with your sentiment.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You do pay to play. Legendaries drop from the majority of all content in Legion, most of it casual. So, technically, you have already gotten your legendaries, you just have to play in order to get them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    I disagree on what I am paying for. I paying essentially paying for a game. Because of this, it doesn't seem like to big of a stretch to want access to ALL of the gameplay features it has included.
    Legendaries are loot, not a system of gameplay.

If we were talking about something like raiding or dungeons being gated from you, I would agree, because those are systems of gameplay that you would be denied. But these are items. You are able to go out and obtain legendaries, nothing is stopping you from doing so except your own patience and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... "Main features"...? To you maybe, to me they're an afterthought at best. I'll get one if I do, if I don't I won't exactly cry. Not to myself or Blizzard.

They ARE available to everyone, they're just not guaranteed. I do feel like this could be a bait thread, but if it's not then no... I don't agree with your sentiment.
    Well, the fact is that Legendaries were advertised to be coming with the game. Why is it bad to want it guaranteed? I mean really, this shouldn't be a question. If you're paying for anything, don't you agree that you should be guaranteed to everything the product offers?

omg this is the best thread of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want your hand to be held from the beginning?...this is not that kind of game.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2016-09-24 at 10:51 PM. Reason: damn I need glasses

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are just for keep you doing emissary until the end of Legion, nothing more, nothing less. If sub numbers will stay high during expansion, they will keep the system; if subs will drop, they'll came with another one. Don't read too much into it.

Well, the fact is that Legendaries were advertised to be coming with the game. Why is it bad to want it guaranteed? I mean really, this shouldn't be a question. If you're paying for anything, don't you agree that you should be guaranteed to everything the product offers?
    No. You pay for access to the servers, NOT the rewards offered within the game. This is a pretty obvious fact to most people, so I'mma just write your post off as a bait.

They should just make ponies baseline.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    You pay to play the game, you play the game you get legendaries. Problem solved.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

so if you pay for call of duty you should start on the last campaign?

you dont pay for legendaries you pay for the opportunity to get them

Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    You also don't buy monopoly and automatically win each time. Games are a different type of product, so your car analogy is completely retarded
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wat.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so if you pay for call of duty you should start on the last campaign?

you dont pay for legendaries you pay for the opportunity to get them
    The difference is that I have access to the campaign. It is guaranteed that I will get there. That is completely different from the chance of not ever having access to it. This is a really bad comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    You pay to play the game, you play the game you get legendaries. Problem solved.
    Again, it is not guaranteed. That is the difference. If paying for something, I shouldn't have the chance NOT to receive what I am paying for. I am honestly surprised by how many of you are defending this system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it is not guaranteed. That is the difference. If paying for something, I shouldn't have the chance NOT to receive what I am paying for. I am honestly surprised by how many of you are defending this system.
    You are wrong.

They have a built in system for bad luck protection, so it will happen. For some people it will take longer than others, but in the end it will happen.

Edit: To clarify a point you seem hellbent on ignoring. You are not buying legendaries with the money you pay Blizzard. You pay to play the game on servers that they host.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."