Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I play since February 2005 so i know how the game was. And like me, there are people that also play since that times. And that people wan't to play it again...yeah maybe we are stupid, we are dumb or just retarded, but is what we like.
    @Deathquoi: In game you actually eat, yo ahve foods and potions to not die so...i essence you eat ^^. Also miss to give food to my pets...
    @Zanjin: Nost was not closing, infact, they were testing BC back in april to implement for the future cause the game have more a more players. They close cause obviously a demand for Blizzard is to big to face again.
    You didn't actually read what I said. You do eat to heal, but you don't eat 3 meals a day just to survive and you never get full, that's not very logical at all.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I play since February 2005 so i know how the game was. And like me, there are people that also play since that times. And that people wan't to play it again...yeah maybe we are stupid, we are dumb or just retarded, but is what we like.
    @Deathquoi: In game you actually eat, yo ahve foods and potions to not die so...i essence you eat ^^. Also miss to give food to my pets...
    @Zanjin: Nost was not closing, infact, they were testing BC back in april to implement for the future cause the game have more a more players. They close cause obviously a demand for Blizzard is to big to face again.
    yes they were.
    did you miss the "not enough donations to keep the servers" up announcement?
    it got over shadowed by blizzard coming at them.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's what you THINK you like, there's a difference.

I'm not saying you're "stupid", "dumb" or "retarded". I'm saying you haven't played any WoW that was remotely like Vanilla since 2010 - so you've played "unlike-Vanilla" WoW longer for you have than "like-Vanilla" (say, Vanilla and TBC) WoW ever existed. Significantly longer.

So unless you're playing on retro-servers, I feel like you're fooling yourself about how it was. I'm not saying nothing was better - a few things were, not least the sense of "being in the world". But I really wish you could play it, because I don't think you would subscribe longer than a month if WoW was still like that.

Deleted
    Yes, i play on some private, so yes...i know.

And about the donations, actually, like 3 weeks ago i spoke with one of the admins of Nost, and while is true that at the time they need a bit more to keep it running at his big speed, they have ideas to change some servers and mainteneance to more cheap one.

And yes Eurhetemec, i know that I think that, but i know other people (like 9 or 10) who also think like I do. And yes, kinda retarded, stupid and dumb i am, i know, that's why i still play this game since 2005. I'm kinda retardad to pay 15$ every month for the last 11 years, but, that's me.

Also i miss basic things...like:

So i am a hunter, and i have a gun...i need bullets to shoot roght? Well...not anymore...so what i am shooting?

And i am a Warlock wright, so in order to create stuff, i need souls from things i kill...not anymore. How i create something without the souls? Dunno.

Yes, i know they are trivial things, but damned, feels...the wright way, like...i need bullets to shoot my gun.

About the crossrealms, yes, killed the game A LOT. They can fix that, they only need to close like 75% of dead realms they have, merge the players in restant 25% and the community is coming back. That's my idea and opinion.
    Stop hating on cross-realms for for stupid reasons, you all like to blame Blizzard when it's you, the players, who changed realms to the bigger more popular ones and then it just became an evil circle where less popular realms got even smaller until they practically died. Not allowing realm transfers wouldn't have made it better either, most would probably had quit instead. If they merge most realms everyone would have a queue, not having one is one of the perks of small realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Stop hating on cross-realms for for stupid reasons, you all like to blame Blizzard when it's you, the players, who changed realms to the bigger more popular ones and then it just became an evil circle where less popular realms got even smaller until they practically died. Not allowing realm transfers wouldn't have made it better either, most would probably had quit instead. If they merge most realms everyone would have a queue, not having one is one of the perks of small realms.

Read again...that's why i said taht they need to close like 75% of the realms and merge the people in the 25%. Again,i'm from spain and we have 10 servers, and we only need 2. That's the reality here. They are expending money on mainteneance 8 servers that they are no requiered. That's money that can expend in other stuff.

About the QUEUE, i don't see one since...2010. MY PERSONALLY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    yes they were.
    did you miss the "not enough donations to keep the servers" up announcement?
    it got over shadowed by blizzard coming at them.
    Did you miss that it wasn't "not enough donations" but a different transparent donation style. In the post-mortem they told a Chinese VPN actually offered to pay all their bills for a year. However it was just as C&D stuff from Blizz happened.

On topic: I think both have their places. Vanilla has much more adventure where Legion is more arcade style. I play them both atm. I don't believe Blizzard will offer vanilla realms after Blizzcon but can always dream.

My only problem with the game is there is no community. I miss the old days where I knew everybody on my server. Stupid Ironforge raids just to hang out with our buddies from server forums etc. Other than that, Vanilla was much more grind than Legion is. Also talents and spells were very badly designed. Like 31 point Hurricane talent that does no damage and had 1321312331 hours cast time.

Also 40 man raids were cancer on my computer and connection. But the nostalgia is good <3

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    VANILLA IS NOT FUCKING COMING BACK. It's not. I wish it would so all the babies who cry about how much better vanilla was could just fuck off to their own servers and jack off over 12 year old gameplay but it's not happening. The game lost players because it was old.
    You are right, of course. It kept growing right up to the point where it magically got old overnight, and everyone suddenly realised. They turned to each other and said "hey, this game is old now. It went past its sell-by date last night. We have to stop playing it."

It was nothing to do with gameplay changes. Or lack of content. Or any of the other things that Blizzard changed, that a lot of people may have decided they didn't like. Nope, it was because it was "old". Suddenly.

I despair, I really do. Do you even apply any critical thinking to these opinions you hold? Do you not try and establish whether they hold up under even the most cursory of examinations before trumpeting them to the world?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Cross realm is a huge problem and server merging was a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    there seems to be some points that needs to be answered by some logic..

The rotation were simple and fun!
    Oh yeah, you had to be a frost mage to do atleast something in MC. Otherwise you served as food and drink vending machine. In BC you were buff provider and vending machine. Locks were just shadowbolt turrets. Paladins were only holy and those who wasn´t stood aside in raids, out of combat and rezzing dead people. Mind you the Might, Kings and Wisdom buffs had 10 minutes duration? Before you buffed raid of 40 people, the first ones you buffed, had their buffs <5 mins left, so you had to rebuff again. And again... Druids? you wanted to be feral? lolnope, be resto, or go feral to solo playing. Oh and don´t forget combat rezz with 1hr cooldown and need for reagents.

The quests were interesting!
    Yeah.. no. Let´s say you were lvl 35 horde and leveling in Arathi Highlands... It was super awesome to do quests in Hammerfall for Stromgarde keep. Pick quest, spent 10 minutes running there, avoiding elite patrols during your merry way, barely kill 5 elite mobs (yeah they were elite here), spent another 10 minutes to go back to hammerfall, get ganked ocassionaly by alliance queuing for AB in there, spend another 15 minutes of corpserunning, repeat couple times, and you spent 2 hours for like 5 quests that neted you about 1,5 level. Bam, that was it, the time you done all quests in Arathi, you were about lvl 37ish.. and without mount in your sight, you had to grind. Yey that was so cool! not. Oh you were about to hit 60? prepare to grind your ass in EPL, in case you wanted Argent Dawn rep so hard or go to barren Silithius with dozen mobs around. Very fun.

But.. but the LFD killed the social interaction!
    Oh, then spedning couple hours to get a freaking tank or healer for your Stratholme run, where you needed to do those D2 quests (or hell no, you were paladin and you had to do the Class quest for mount!)... then someone decided to fuck off and leave. Yey another return to the city seeking for the missing one!
    I don´t think so... Someone drops out? requeue and in minutes you have replacement.. Someone is a jackass? Vote to kick, get another replacement.

The ammo! and other fun things!
    Yeah, cause unless you were engineer and making fortune for it yeah cool... But if you wasn´t... your bags was filled in half with bullets/arrows, food for pet and bandages. Hey! Reagents! paladins for Greater blessings, Priests for stam etc.. Nothing better in the half of raid seeing "hey, guys um... im out of ammo/reagents, i have to run back and buy some".. Fuck that.

But the classes were diverse!
    Yeah they were so much, you had to play one specific spec and play style or you kept dying or being denied in raids. You are rogue? get engineering and shitton of jumper cables! And don´t forget to craft shitload of repair bots if you´re at it.
    You druid! no boomkins! shit dps! Heal instead. And don´t think about trying to be tank or cat.
    Hey you´re warrior? can you be tank/offtank? We already have two in our group, we don´t need any more coz debuff limits on X.

Crossrealms killed the server community!
    Unless your server was dead-dead, you knew everyone and probably had him in your friendlist. Then you knew people in your trade chat or who´s flooding that AH.
    "Hey ima do that quest for elite, i rather call for people around.... oh.. 5 people in town AFK, rest in some dungeons and others are lowbies.."
    Be goddamn glad, theres always someone around, like now in Broken Isles, when you have WQ for that DANGER elite, and in like mere minutes bunch of people arrive with the same goal... Without that, your dead-dead server that you have to play on coz you refuse pay for transfer to some high-pop realm you´d have to call out your "friends" wich mostly have some excuse to not help you, and if they were to, mostly it wasn´t enough.

TL;DR theres many QoL and convience stuff now, that the game is still playable without tediously getting somwhere for shit how long, or spending entire afternoon to get couple people to dungeon. Ofc that doesn´t apply if you´re in active participating guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are right, of course. It kept growing right up to the point where it magically got old overnight, and everyone suddenly realised. They turned to each other and said "hey, this game is old now. It went past its sell-by date last night. We have to stop playing it."

It was nothing to do with gameplay changes. Or lack of content. Or any of the other things that Blizzard changed, that a lot of people may have decided they didn't like. Nope, it was because it was "old". Suddenly.

I despair, I really do. Do you even apply any critical thinking to these opinions you hold? Do you not try and establish whether they hold up under even the most cursory of examinations before trumpeting them to the world?
    So wait, are you saying that overnight subs magically dropped from 12 million to 3 million? Did that just happen one day? Do you apply any critical thinking to... literally anything? Or do you just twist facts to fit your preferred (moronic) narrative?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    You know, the other day i was playing Metal Gear Solid 5 on my PS4 and you know, i ended the game and i was like...aaight. Then i took my PS1, put my Metal Gear Solid original and men, fucking Metal Gear Solid 5 drop like shit. Like...men.

But at least i can took my PS1 and play it...and also the new one...but in that case...

The game is old...and that's the only thing to drop subs...aight...so why on his peak with Cata, starting to loose? Then MOP, then WoD...now we don't know cause they are afraid to show the numbers...so...the coincidence is that when the game change, people start to go. Maybe is just a coincidence, maybe the game is old, who knows, but is not a lie to say that the game sub numbers drop with the changes, is a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't need to chill, your arguments are stupid and you should be told that they are stupid.

And again, there are things that are LOGICAL based on the real world that are not FUN. My character should need to eat food just to stay alive day to day even if he doesn't need healing, and being able to eat constantly shouldn't be possible. It's logical, but it would be dumb as hell from a gameplay perspective. There, your "logical" argument has been ruined. Please do not repeat it, thanks.
    Well, i don't know.. There's a profession called 'cooking' in game, mobs do drop stuff you can eat, and you can buy edible goods from vendors. Wouldn't it be reasonable you were required to feed your character to keep him/her alive? That's what you had to do for your pet if you were a hunter until they decided it was not fun.

In Legion, everyone has an artifact weapon and legendaries are random drops from basic mobs. How is that logical or fun? From a gameplay perspective those are unique, one of a kind items - yet everyone has access to them.

Wow used to be an rpg, that's why i fell in love with it a decade ago. Now it's something else, a hack'n'slash multiplayer game perhaps but something important is missing. Logic or not, but the game isn't fun to me anymore and that's because it stopped making sense a long time ago.

I guess the next step is for someone to make a poll about whether cross-realms is ruining WoW or not.

I played from Vanilla, and unsubbed for the first time during Cataclysm, after all the joy was lost from a new LFD feature introduced during WotLK. Phasing sucked then too. I guess you know my vote

My biggest gripe is the cross realm stuff and the feel for community. It is long gone. It is hard to explain to someone who didn't experience server communities and friend making or having rivalries with guys that you always saw on the opposing faction. I still remember some names 10 years later. I am sad you missed that era of wow because to me it is what made the world feel alive.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Well, i don't know.. There's a profession called 'cooking' in game, mobs do drop stuff you can eat, and you can buy edible goods from vendors. Wouldn't it be reasonable you were required to feed your character to keep him/her alive? That's what you had to do for your pet if you were a hunter until they decided it was not fun.

In Legion, everyone has an artifact weapon and legendaries are random drops from basic mobs. How is that logical or fun? From a gameplay perspective those are unique, one of a kind items - yet everyone has access to them.

Wow used to be an rpg, that's why i fell in love with it a decade ago. Now it's something else, a hack'n'slash multiplayer game perhaps but something important is missing. Logic or not, but the game isn't fun to me anymore and that's because it stopped making sense a long time ago.
    Not a single thing contradicted any point I've made this far, nor did any of your points make sense. Good effort though?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So, what is this mysterious other thing which "makes difficulty"? Because I have it down to Mechanics, execution, and how the team works. More complex mechanics and high tank/damage/healing requirements put on each individual makes things more difficult. Or do you honestly believe that raiders of today would struggle with mechanics from back in 2004? There's a reason for why Mythic Gorefiend became a brick wall to many guilds, which shows what it takes to block some players these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is prohibited from social interaction, this has always been a weak excuse. There are guilds, tons of people wanting to do content which cannot be accessed via automated tools...

Sub numbers didn't "suffer" until there was a distinct lack of CONTENT. People in general are quite capable of being as social as they want.
    Sure nobody is prohibited, but give people the path of least resistance and they will always choose that option. Content means nothing, nothing. People will do the same thing over and over every day if they have a meaningful connection between other players. Content is a red herring that people love to throw out there. If "Content" was the reason for the lost of subs, then Vanilla would've had the most and subs would have gone down with each new expansion release.

Alright OP, your main problems you point out are the loss of skills, cross-realm content, and gear quality.

As others have said, Vanilla was usually just spamming one skill, maybe two or three. Just because you had a lot of shit doesn't mean you used it. And half of the skills you had were just lesser ranks of previous ones. Sure I would like more inventive skills other than "bolt, aoe, cone, etc." but it's a game, what can you do?

Cross-realm is necessary for smaller realms that are dead/dying. You can still use trade chat if you wanna form groups.

And yes epics are easy to get, but if they were weren't you'd spend months getting a piece of gear and it might not even be BiS, and people who got lucky would be ahead of you in progression. It's the same issue that legendaries have now. Epics were just a way to make your play longer, as are legendaries.

Vanilla had its share of problems too. Everything cost too much, you would spend 30 seconds refilling HP and mana after killing a single mob. If you pulled more than one you would likely die. Classes were imbalanced, etc.

Point is you and many other players grew up and didn't find the game fun anymore. It makes sense. Back then, everyone was a nerd who likely didn't have many friends and we could all bond over that. Now WOW is a giant mass of moms and dads and chads and nerds are a dying breed. Many of your friends likely stopped playing and grew up, got a job, had kids, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevidya View Post
    Alright OP, your main problems you point out are the loss of skills, cross-realm content, and gear quality.

As others have said, Vanilla was usually just spamming one skill, maybe two or three. Just because you had a lot of shit doesn't mean you used it. And half of the skills you had were just lesser ranks of previous ones. Sure I would like more inventive skills other than "bolt, aoe, cone, etc." but it's a game, what can you do?

Cross-realm is necessary for smaller realms that are dead/dying. You can still use trade chat if you wanna form groups.

And yes epics are easy to get, but if they were weren't you'd spend months getting a piece of gear and it might not even be BiS, and people who got lucky would be ahead of you in progression. It's the same issue that legendaries have now. Epics were just a way to make your play longer, as are legendaries.

Vanilla had its share of problems too. Everything cost too much, you would spend 30 seconds refilling HP and mana after killing a single mob. If you pulled more than one you would likely die. Classes were imbalanced, etc.

Point is you and many other players grew up and didn't find the game fun anymore. It makes sense. Back then, everyone was a nerd who likely didn't have many friends and we could all bond over that. Now WOW is a giant mass of moms and dads and chads and nerds are a dying breed. Many of your friends likely stopped playing and grew up, got a job, had kids, etc.
    Easy solution, close 75% of the total realms (they are EMPTY() and merge the people in the 25%. Then you can took out cross realms. They have a lot of servers for nothing, they don't need that many servers.

And about loosing subs for the content, maybe. The problem (i think) is not the lack of content (maybe in WoD yes), but the game is more easy and you do the content much more fast than back in the day. For example, to clear Molten Core they need months,to clear today emerald nightmare 1 day.