Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, it is a religious school.....so...theres that.
    What does that have to do with the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Right here is where i would normally link the bender gif "Oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder" but i'm too lazy to find it.

But holy shit was that some bullshit right there. The feds did not by any means "take over" the healthcare industry rofl what the fuck.
    No dude, every step towards making healthcare more accessible towards the poor is fascism1!!!!!11!one11!!

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yeah, but conservatives nominated an incompetent fascist reality star who makes his money running fake college scams and brags about wanting to fuck his daughter.
    could be worse, could be a corporate shill who endangers national security through incompetence and has her detractors killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What does that have to do with the point?
    Well, religious schools kind of do their own thing and people aren't forced to attend.

Try going to a conservative college campus. BYU tells you what kind of shirts you can wear, how late you can be out, who you can associate with, what books are allowed on campus, etc.. Conservative colleges, especially religious ones, are downright authoritarian.
    Conservative campuses happily invite liberal speakers. The students will politely sit and listen in, even though they disagree. Go to a Liberal campus, and they will shout down any conservative who tries to speak, not letting them get a word in. That is if there weren't demonstrations to get them disinvited. Liberals hate hearing things they disagree with. Liberal college campuses are no longer about debate and freedom of speech. they are about shutting yourselves into a bubble, and screaming loudly so that you can't hear anything that you might disagree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does, that is specifically what a right is.
    A right is something I cannot prevent you from doing, but that does not mean I cannot react in a way that makes you question if exercising said right is worth the cost I will extract, especially if doing so is my right as well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try going to a conservative college campus. BYU tells you what kind of shirts you can wear, how late you can be out, who you can associate with, what books are allowed on campus, etc.. Conservative colleges, especially religious ones, are downright authoritarian.
    Well of course, most Religious People/institutes are very Authoritarian. This generally comes from the fact they believe in an Authoritarian God so it makes sense that they are of that mindset.

Well, religious schools kind of do their own thing and people aren't forced to attend.
    So? No one is forced to attend any school. That's not the point. There are plenty of conservative schools that take an incredibly invasive role in dictating how their students live.

Well, it is a religious school.....so...theres that.
    So what? You can't have it both ways. Either colleges should be free and open, or they shouldn't. This is a perfect example of the conservative victimhood complex. When a liberal school is liberal, they throw a fit, the world is ending, the poor poor conservatives... and then the conservative schools are book-banning, dating-banning, prison camps with dress codes.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

So you don't think nuclear power plants should be regulated? Or, the better question is, you think if a government regulates a nuclear power plant it is fascist policy?
    I never said that. I just stated that right leaning isn't necessarily fascist. I never even stated that fascism is bad. Though as a whole, the democrats favor fascist policies far more than republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Well of course, most Religious People/institutes are very Authoritarian. This generally comes from the fact they believe in an Authoritarian God so it makes sense that they are of that mindset.
    I take it all back, I like you.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    That made you change the channel? lol
    Why does that make you laugh? I don't support people and institutions that displease me with my wallet or actions. Would you be more supportive of my outrage if I had thrashed my own neighborhood, violently confronted the Police and carried signs with racial slurs while chanting the same racial slurs on TV?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, he's within his rights to stomp on the flag, at least one he already owns.

I don't really see why you 'cons get so butt-hurt yourself. Oh no, someone stomped on the flag, someone doesn't like America oh no my whole world view of America being loved by everyone in the world is shattered. Seriously? Do you actually believe that sort of garbage?
    The part which doesn't make sense is him supposedly wanting the student punished for documenting the flag-stomping. So he's free to stomp on a flag, but people aren't free to photograph it? How does that make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The Bill of Rights explicitly protects him from "the price" of his speech as it might be extracted from him by government.
    Only to a certain extent. It cannot fine you or arrest you, but it CAN fire you if you are employed by it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But thats what makes it entertaining.
    That's true, im just puzzled, is America that authoritarian? Or is this some social experiment gone horribly wrong? I mean, in Europe there isn't such a thing as "anti-German" or "anti-Belgium", at least not in the way "anti-American" seems to be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    I never said that. I just stated that right leaning isn't necessarily fascist. I never even stated that fascism is bad. Though as a whole, the democrats favor fascist policies far more than republicans.
    Like telling people who they can marry? No, that's Republicans. Like expanding the prison state and imprisoning people for using drugs on their own bodies? No, that's Republicans. Like advocating banning a religious group from entering the country? No, that's Republicans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Only to a certain extent. It cannot fine you or arrest you, but it CAN fire you if you are employed by it.
    No, actually they can't. This is a complex issue, but government firing people for participating in Constitutional rights is generally not allowed.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of seeing so many of the usual suspects that regularily rant against awful "SJW's trying to censor other people" doing the exact same thing themselves is downright hillarious!

Please, keep it up. This is hypocrisy circus at its best!

10+ Year Old Account
    If the government imposes a price on you for exercising a right, then it isn't a right. That's what makes something a right.
    What makes it a right is the government not being able to say you cannot do it, but it can say if you do X we will no longer be associated with you as an employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    If your actions impede your ability to do your job, sure. Political speech won't meet that line easily.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Try going to a Liberal college campus. They shout down any speech they don't like. They demand their safe places hindering all speech they don't like.

Conservatives love free speech, but we recognize there are consequences for it. On college campuses now days the majority of liberals want speech significantly curtailed, and the first amendment altered/repealed. For every case of a conservative being against a form of free speech, I can find 100 of Liberals against free speech.
    That's why I also despise most liberals, because they are basically the same as most American conservatives. They claim to want freedom, until it comes time to legislate their beliefs onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    The irony of seeing so many of the usual suspects that regularily rant against awful "SJW's trying to censor other people" doing the exact same thing themselves is downright hillarious!

Please, keep it up. This is hypocrisy circus at its best!
    It's even more entertaining, when they've somehow managed to convince themselves that they don't do the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.