Poll: Give everyone a legendary!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Well, the fact is that Legendaries were advertised to be coming with the game. Why is it bad to want it guaranteed? I mean really, this shouldn't be a question. If you're paying for anything, don't you agree that you should be guaranteed to everything the product offers?
    The streak breaker pretty much guarantees you get one if you actually play, just not immediately.
    They have commented before that Nighthold will pretty much be designed under the assumption that everyone has a legendary, which suggests to the drop rates they had in mind.

Some parts of the game just require active playing, you don't expect them to hand you a trained group of mythic raiders ready to carry you, because its part of the content and you paid for all the content, right?

The content is out there, its up to you to play to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    You are wrong.

They have a built in system for bad luck protection, so it will happen. For some people it will take longer than others, but in the end it will happen.

Edit: To clarify a point you seem hellbent on ignoring. You are not buying legendaries with the money you pay Blizzard. You pay to play the game on servers that they host.
    I have been hearing that the bad luck protection hasn't even been activated yet. Even then, how they are handling these things is wrong and immoral to consumers.

I am not only paying to access the game servers. I am paying for the entire expansion which means I am paying for the content it offers. By your logic, you could apply this to Dark Souls for example. You would only be paying for access to their multiplayer servers, not the game and its content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Dark Souls 3, but I haven't found all the rings for the achievement.

Do I deserve to be given the achievement (and the ring) simply because I bought the game? Or do I need to work at it and find it to get that upgrade/achievement?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should just come out and make an MMO which literally gives everything to everyone without having to do anything because 'I'm paying for it".

It would be the most popular MMO in history.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

It's bait you morons

I disagree on what I am paying for.
    You are paying to access the server nothing more. Check your TOS, blizzard doesn't even have to make content for you.

With that said......

There should be a better way to get legendary's then RNG. At lease tell us how the bad luck system works ffs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There should be a better way to get legendary's then RNG. At lease tell us how the bad luck system works ffs.
    I wish they used target-able mobs which you could at least grind when waiting on queues or have the potential to drop while out doing world quests.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I hope you realise that everyone WILL get a legendary, ye? There's a pity timer

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I wish they used target-able mobs where you could at least grind while waiting on queues or have the potential to drop while out doing world quests instead of only from the chest.
    Ya some idea would be great.

I don't mind that its RNG, I mind not knowing how it works. Do you get a % boost if you clear a heroic and don't get one or what. Then how they handled the bug with the legendary's just killed my buzz for them to be honest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    LOL, man following your logic we should be upset that we don't get 110 with full mythic titanforged after first logging in on a character because we paid for expansion. Isn't getting gear part of this game?

Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    lol what the fuck are you talking about. It's already available for everyone. You just need to actually play the game instead of whining and bitching to get yours.

I'd disagree with you if some legendaries weren't so damn mandatory for some specs to feel whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Again, it is not guaranteed. That is the difference. If paying for something, I shouldn't have the chance NOT to receive what I am paying for. I am honestly surprised by how many of you are defending this system.
    But you aren't paying for the legendaries, you are paying for a game in which legendary items exist, which also you have a chance to acquire. Do you put money into a slot machine and get pissed that you didn't win the jackpot? I mean, according to your logic, it is the same thing right?

They have a built in system for bad luck protection, so it will happen. For some people it will take longer than others, but in the end it will happen
    To be so young and believe in every shit blizzard says, man, i miss those days

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have been hearing that the bad luck protection hasn't even been activated yet. Even then, how they are handling these things is wrong and immoral to consumers.

I am not only paying to access the game servers. I am paying for the entire expansion which means I am paying for the content it offers. By your logic, you could apply this to Dark Souls for example. You would only be paying for access to their multiplayer servers, not the game and its content.
    Unplug your internet, load up WoW, tell us again what you are actually paying for.

10+ Year Old Account
    you should contact blizzard support and ask for a refund because you haven't received your legendary yet. see how that works out for you.

and to answer your question "should legendaries be available to everyone?", the answer is simple, they are.

You are wrong.

They have a built in system for bad luck protection, so it will happen. For some people it will take longer than others, but in the end it will happen.

Edit: To clarify a point you seem hellbent on ignoring. You are not buying legendaries with the money you pay Blizzard. You pay to play the game on servers that they host.
    Just to clarify, they've only implemented a bad luck protection on the bonus-rolls (probably just added a simple Multiplier to their formula) and nothing else. Otherwise, you are completely right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd disagree with you if some legendaries weren't so damn mandatory for some specs to feel whole.
    This.

While I absolutely do not agree with OP's reasoning, I do think that the new legendary-system is the worst thing ever and I think that everyone should be able to get one by working towards it, like we had it in every xpac except Legion and TBC. With the current system people without a legendary are already excluded from endgame content, simply because they didn't have any luck.

Or tbh I think it's the best if Blizzard simply removed the legendaries completely.

Sincerely,
    someone who got a legendary on the first emmisary chest

If Blizzard just keeps giving OP stuff away with little player effort, they are not going to have many subs soon ... the only way to get them back up is another XPac in 2-3 years. Horray.

They are using a really awful game design strategy, IMO, as it is. People who work for what they have are more likely to become invested. Something they unfortunately have forgotten since Vanilla / TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the extreme off chance that OP isn't trolling, let's make one thing very clear. A gamer that buys a game is not entitled to all of the content in that game. A game designer can choose to give wizard hats only to people named Bob, and that would be their decision to make, and well within the reasonable bounds of their power.

Buying a game entitles the purchaser to use the machine as the designer built it. Nothing more. If you don't like that deal, don't buy the game. No one is forcing you to spend your money, no one is forcing you to spend your time. The rest of us who still enjoy a challenge, and having something to work towards, will continue to play in your stead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    To be so young and believe in every shit blizzard says, man, i miss those days
    Ah, well, I got mine. Sucks to be you, I guess.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."