Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Because, and this is really basic civics, the government can't punish people for having unpopular views.
    And it bears repeating that this is a public school. In other words, the government. A private corporation in a right-to-work state could fire an employee for stomping on a flag, for the same reason they could fire an employee for saying "wubbalubadubdub", or being named "Jeff". The two aren't comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    [Took the liberty of snipping the rubbish videos].

Must be such a terrible existence to live in a perpetual state of being triggered by SJW's .
    You talk to me about being triggered while you yourself are triggered by YouTube haha.

Those videos bring the funny and the facts and I guess that 1-2 punch was too much for you.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    So the teacher noticed the student making a video of him and then taking the flag from him, and enjoyed this bit of cheekiness so much that he marched it straight to the principle office himself but uploaded it online as well?

Okay Tony

There is only one reason why the student recorded this and then took it to the principal and I'll let you figure out the why.
    Was doing so within his rights? perhaps that's the student practicing his freedom of speech, Mr. Booty

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Shouldn't the free market sort all of that out? If these places of higher learning are truly dispensing "moonbat nonsense" instead of a proper education, then eventually enough people will just stop going to them, right?
    YES!

And it actually is albeit at a slow pace.

Employers are demonstrating they are not interested in hiring highly radicalized persons and are ignoring resumes that contain certain colleges/universities known to perpetuate such extremism.

Its a trend I hope to see grow.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    So I can make posts about Quran burning and ways to burn the Quran and put up videos of Qurans on fire and it would be absolutely ok and you cant infract me for that.

Except its not ok because this community set standards that say its not so I would get an infraction.

Just like that community, and that State, has set standards for saying what this radical did wasn't ok and thus he is subject to their criticism and punishment.

Thinking like that is how criminals who break into peoples homes get to sue the homeowner for tripping and falling while they're inside ...and win.

That's for the lawyers to decided although the amount of political and lobbyist muscle it will take to get that heard in a court is pretty telling of just how real the indoctrination I mentioned (and you denied) exists.

As for the court of public opinion; We the decent folk of America hereby decree this man to be a Grade A Assclown both for not realizing he didn't need his extremest demonstration to make the point and for his butt-hurt retaliation against the student.

A good teacher would have found a better way to connect to students and teach this lesson.

I mentioned before that he could have used the man who got fined by the government for making a Reddit post as a perfect example of what freedom of speech is.

It would have related to that age group and there would have been no need to defile a flag just cause "reasons".

--

Side note has anybody come across his social media presence yet?

I wonder if hes got an opinion on the BLM hate group declaring the US Flag to be "racist" and then vandalizing a 9-11 memorial.

Could be a connection between that and this.

And you call yourself an American? Exercising ones constitutionally protected right to free speech does not make someone a radical. Millions of Americans died NOT for the flag but for what it STOOD for. Freedom.

Learn that lesson and maybe you won't come off as such an asshat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

No one gives a shit about your youtube playlist dude.
    Certainly the guy who just had to reply to it with his "I don't give a shit" comment actually gives the least shits of them all right?

Don't waste my time with troll posts, other people here are actually adding substance to the discussion and I want to reply to them as well.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That was in response to someone saying that right wing schools love and accept liberal speakers.
    Private insitutions are free to do as they wish, since student can vote with their wallets. I don't see the problem, unless you support the gov't forcing Mosques to allow chicks with bikinis to lead sermons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because when it comes down to it, indoctrination is fine and dandy in your book as long as they're indoctrinated to think and act like you.
    That is what this whole debacle + the outrage of not standing for the anthem has taugth me.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Private insitutions are free to do as they wish, since student can vote with their wallets. I don't see the problem, unless you support the gov't forcing Mosques to allow chicks with bikinis to lead sermons.
    Are you trying not to follow along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Children have very little in terms of actual rights.
    Ehh, this is a tricky point. Technically, they retain those rights, but schools and their teaching staff also have limited guardianship rights, which pretty much overrule almost all of that.

You can't talk back to your teacher and claim First Amendment protections to avoid punishment for the same reason you can't do that with your parents.

Are you trying not to follow along?
    sorry, difficult to sift through your troll postings

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-24 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Performing an act you are very well aware will very likely insult students when there is no need to do so is very disrespectful to those students who are not there by choice. If it was college it is totally different.
    This sort of left wing thinking is why we have all this safe space, SJW nonsense. Protecting today's youth from things they may not like or agree with is NOT the answer. All it does it turn them into pussies who can't handle a differing opinion.

There was a need. To teach them that freedom and expression of ones ideals should not be met with blind hatred and censorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Private insitutions are free to do as they wish
    In civilized countries private institutions cannot punish an employee for non-professional reasons.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    You talk to me about being triggered while you yourself are triggered by YouTube haha.

Those videos bring the funny and the facts and I guess that 1-2 punch was too much for you.
    That's adorable that you think those videos triggered me as this might come as shocking to you but not everyone is in the habit of seeing someone else take a shit and then consider it a work of art .

Oh dear, if this is the standard of "funny and facts" you hold yourself to then that answers so many questions .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Again, nobody said they weren't. What you quoted was in response to someone saying that conservatives at liberal schools get shouted down and banned and liberals at conservative schools don't.
    I have yet to see a liberal get shouted down at a public learning institution.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain in detail what i meant, but i don't think it was necessary, Endus. The people who needed to get it got it, and the idiots will keep on being idiots.
    you disagree with me!!! you're an idiot.

Sigh, can't anyone just have a different perspective without this?

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy with the star wars cartoon as his avatar.
    Now you're in touble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly the guy who just had to reply to it with his "I don't give a shit" comment actually gives the least shits of them all right?

Don't waste my time with troll posts, other people here are actually adding substance to the discussion and I want to reply to them as well.
    sorry, difficult to sift through your troll postings
    Strange how quickly someone becomes a troll to those who can't come up with proper arguments themselves.

And anyhow, are we allowed to call others out as trolls now? Last I checked, that got you an infraction or at the very least a warning. Mind you, I guess you'd welcome that as "proof of evil SJW conspiracies keeping you down".

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    They should introduce safe spaces, zones in school where people can be safe from "flag defilement".
    I don't see a /s at the end. Was this sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    People get infracted for hateful posting behaviour. We're perfectly capable of understanding context and intent when evaluating such
    Exactly, you in a collective of mods decide what sort of posting you don't like.

Just as other collectives of people have decided that they don't like flag desecration.

And like I said, for my part in this I just think the guy is an ass-clown for trying to seek revenge on his student because his own personal choices landed him in hot water.

The fact that he did it irks me because I think using the flag as a means to express anger over an issue is right on the par of stupidity with bunch of hillbillies dressing up in white pointy hats.

Although I'm sure I'll check back in a few minutes to find a page worth of people telling me what I "really meant".
    MAGA

YES!

And it actually is albeit at a slow pace.

Employers are demonstrating they are not interested in hiring highly radicalized persons and are ignoring resumes that contain certain colleges/universities known to perpetuate such extremism.

Its a trend I hope to see grow.
    The free market won't fix education for the same reason that the free market doesn't fix harmful products - because with enough rhetoric and deception, most people aren't actually in a good position to judge whether something is good or not.

Look at the decades we've spent on a crusade against fat whilst mostly ignoring the more unhealthy sugar. Or how long it took to overcome the misinformation of tobacco. Free market is good, free market solves some things, but it makes some things worse and we should stop trying to plug it as a panacea to every societal problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?