Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Every hotfix ever: X is nerfed! Reroll to Y...

... while the most likely thing to happen is that these two specs are now equally viable.

I don't get it. Why do people yell apocalypse every single time a hotfix is applied? Right now, this hotfix has been done in regards to heroic raids after having data, which is retrospect is probably the best thing they can do.

Plus, the nerfs are small. They won't make anybody irrelevant. They just won't make you OP. You may notice a difference from your character, but ultimately you're still equally viable than before. People who were too strong in AoE were nerfed toward the middle. People who were not strong enough were buffed toward the middle.

So unless you're staking, say, 20 monks in a raid, these changes will not impact you in any way beside perhaps world quests taking 5 minutes instead of 4.

Now that this is said, can we just go back to playing the class we like and move on?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    ... while the most likely thing to happen is that these two specs are now equally viable.

I don't get it. Why do people yell apocalypse every single time a hotfix is applied? Right now, this hotfix has been done in regards to heroic raids after having data, which is retrospect is probably the best thing they can do.

Plus, the nerfs are small. They won't make anybody irrelevant. They just won't make you OP. You may notice a difference from your character, but ultimately you're still equally viable than before. People who were too strong in AoE were nerfed toward the middle. People who were not strong enough were buffed toward the middle.

So unless you're staking, say, 20 monks in a raid, these changes will not impact you in any way beside perhaps world quests taking 5 minutes instead of 4.

Now that this is said, can we just go back to playing the class we like and move on?
    because more likely they have overzealous officers / gm / rl who take a 1% dps increase very seriously and are likely to sit someone outside the raid (especially in this phase of progress) over a buff or a nerf.

Another reason of why many have abandoned organized raiding and just stick to lfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    because more likely they have overzealous officers / gm / rl who take a 1% dps increase very seriously and are likely to sit someone outside the raid (especially in this phase of progress) over a buff or a nerf.

Another reason of why many have abandoned organized raiding and just stick to lfr.
    That's just absurd. Some people are really just out of this world.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

even small nerfs, they wasted our time invest artifacts ap to other specs to grind even more longer...

People who were too strong in AoE were nerfed toward the middle.
    You should take a look at Fire Mages and try again...

They nerfed some of the top performing specs, but didn't even bother touching Fire at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    You should take a look at Fire Mages and try again...

They nerfed some of the top performing specs, but didn't even bother touching Fire at all.
    Fire mages are overall the fourth/fifth strongest spec in the game before the hotfixes. Where do you draw the line? Is it fine to nerf the top 5 but not the top 6? Or the top 6 but not top 7?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Fire mages are overall the fourth/fifth strongest spec in the game before the hotfixes. Where do you draw the line? Is it fine to nerf the top 5 but not the top 6? Or the top 6 but not top 7?
    You do not understand, it's only fine when your own spec is on top. What's wrong with you, using common sense in a topic like this!! This a wow forum, not a forum for well thought reasoning.

Deleted
    Seriously considering rerolling from SPriest on Wednesday, and this is from a Mythic raider, because what they've essentially done to the class now is say "Oh yeah you know how the only way you got good damage from the shitstain of the metres without Madness? Yeah, fuck you. Oh, and we're not buffing talents like Void Lord/Mind Spike either (fyi: Mind Spike is direct damage decrease ATM) instead, just abandon yer hope of being above anyone but the tanks on most encounters. Oh, and also, go heal instead."

A bit of Preach style over-exag there, but it is true, because Madness is the only competitive talent. I agree, it was WAY to strong, but nerfing both that AND making us not gain void stacks while using Artifact Ability/Dispersion shuts us down almost completely. Like... What in the actual fuck where they thinking?

EDIT: And, fyi, I am a mediocre shadowpriest and fuck up madness alot, espescially when tired, and yes we where crazily overtuned, but this is literally a shutdown switch. We have no real utility to make up for our now rather lackluster ramp either.

Deleted
    Its mostly buffs imo. The classes that got nerfed was outlaw rogue, arms war and maybe spriest dunno but they all deserved some nerfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenco View Post
    Its mostly buffs imo. The classes that got nerfed was outlaw rogue, arms war and maybe spriest dunno but they all deserved some nerfs.
    "Maybe Shadow Priest"

lol, really, maybe.

No need to stop insanity gains whilst under the effect of Dispersion + Artifact Weapon just because of S2M, a talent which shouldn't even be in the game.

A huge part of the playerbase (Not a majority tho) forgot to just play the class/race they enjoy.

So many people are stuck on the % of damage X does they play it just because of that. Its one reason why I stopped doing organized raiding.

I like playing what I enjoy (My Paladin) not what the flavor of the month is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

This is part of it. There's also a component of mindless following whatever the herd is saying ("You are being benched because I read on a priest forum that even shadow priests are terrible"), and an over-reliance on sims that "simulate" raid fight conditions (i.e. Patchwerk) that we never see any longer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What I like most is when a class/spec is currently underpowered and people then post in the forums that Blizzard intentionally made them bad and ignores Feedback ^^

Deleted

u r new 2 teh game?

no, u cant play the class u want, if it is underperforming in relation to FOTM-classes, neither rated nor mythic.
    who cares about casul gameplay?

Yeah I've known such guilds. The funny thing is (at least from my own experience), that these try-hard guilds end up doing worse (or even break up fast) in progress then more relaxed guilds

The problem with Arms warrior isnt that we lost damage. We all saw it coming, and we will still be top 4 ST with the nerfs. The problem is the decided to nerf us by making our rng even worse. Arms was just barley enjoyable enough to play. With the EtW nerf we are literally going to be standing around auto attacking for 30 seconds at a time with no resets. Why make a class less enjoyable to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A huge part of the playerbase (Not a majority tho) forgot to just play the class/race they enjoy.

So many people are stuck on the % of damage X does they play it just because of that. Its one reason why I stopped doing organized raiding.

I'm with you here brotha. Been a paladin main forever, still a paladin main now. I love the class and basically always will. I also love healing and Paladins have holy. So that right there is enough for me to play paladin. That's not to mention all the badass lore and shit, but that's besides the point.

I still raid mythic with my guild though, so if they ever made holy terrible in terms of numbers Id most likely switch to ret or Prot for the guild until they fixed it but that hasn't really ever happened to healers and my guild isn't a super hardcore bench your class type of guild. The main raiding policy is "it's a video game and our main objective is for all of our raiders to have fun." We've been able to clear many bosses and even have gotten cutting edge and I think it's largely due to this policy. Makes for a really fun environment rather than a hostile one.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-25 at 04:34 AM.

Deleted
    Too many idiots take online games way too seriously

Must be some psychological disorder and a need to simulate virtual achievements

There is a fine line between wanting to be good and being an elitist moron on a useless virtual entertainement

That's just absurd. Some people are really just out of this world.
    it has been like that since forever, no back when class stacking was a thing it was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is part of it. There's also a component of mindless following whatever the herd is saying ("You are being benched because I read on a priest forum that even shadow priests are terrible"), and an over-reliance on sims that "simulate" raid fight conditions (i.e. Patchwerk) that we never see any longer.
    You know what is funny that the top dev Watcher is the flag bearer of that mentality being in it's old day as a player the gm of Elitists Jerks were math was considered more fun than playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Yeah I've known such guilds. The funny thing is (at least from my own experience), that these try-hard guilds end up doing worse (or even break up fast) in progress then more relaxed guilds
    They do worse because most of the time the problem isn't the 0,1% dps lost over a nerf but the execution of the fight, blizzard has mostly moved away from strictly dps check patchwerk fight, now the main burden is to dance properly, still there are thing that really help for example how well a class can switch dps from boss to add without losing to much or pets class and pathing issue etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

yea many peoples just stopped participating in that stressful environment to seek pure fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Maybe now the 10+ fotm rerolling members in our guild who all rerolled to Demon Hunter and expect a raid spot and just don't get the fact we can't only have melee in the raid might reroll to something actually useful.