First Gaming PC Build, Advice Appreciated!

Hey guys
    Basically I have been stuck with a shitty PC for a while due to a lack of funds as money can be hard to come by as a student.
    However I have recently joined the working world by becoming an apprenctice sprinkler fitter and thus have some money in which to spend.
    Thus I am turning to you MMOChampion to aid me in selecting the appropriate build for my needs.

Budget

$2000-$2500 AUD

Resolution

1080p

Games / Settings Desired

WOW at Ultra (highest setting available) with smooth and consistent fps
    Steam games on High setting

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)

N/A

Country

Australia

Parts that can be reused

N/A

Do you need an OS?

Nope

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Nein

I would recommend a build with overclocked processor but it obviously requires you to have desire and time to learn how to do it. Should we go with an overclockable processor here or stick with a non-overclockable one (you will obviously lose pretty big in FPS for 1080p WoW)?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    You're way overshooting with the budget needed, but it's always cool saving money, right?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($322.00 @ Shopping Express)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.71 @ Skycomp Technology)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($96.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Crucial BX200 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($159.01 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card ($619.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($98.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $1641.72
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-25 09:34 AEST+1000

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You're way overshooting with the budget needed, but it's always cool saving money, right?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($322.00 @ Shopping Express)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($199.71 @ Skycomp Technology)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($96.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Crucial BX200 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($159.01 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card ($619.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($98.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $1641.72
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-25 09:34 AEST+1000
    I'm sorry, but are you on purpose trying to get someone buy one of the worst SSD on the market possible?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I'm sorry, but are you on purpose trying to get someone buy one of the worst SSD on the market possible?
    Please elaborate, I'm not following.

Could you please recommend a better SSD then, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staleciggies View Post
    The SSD is absolutely fine.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're fine paying extra Samsung is always another solid choice:

Samsung 850 EVO $208

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at it the performance of the Crucial drive isn't super, but honestly, for casual use, it's just fine. You have quite a big budget so the Samsung choice might not be too bad for you if you feel you have any tasks where the extra performance might help.

Quote Originally Posted by staleciggies View Post
    In order of price increase: OCZ Trion 150, Crucial MX300, Crucial MX200, Samsung 850 EVO (non-Pro). Correlates with performance increase aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at it the performance of the Crucial drive isn't super, but honestly, for casual use, it's just fine. You have quite a big budget so the Samsung choice might not be too bad for you if you feel you have any tasks where the extra performance might help.
    I can name at least 5-6 SSD series that are same price or cheaper and are faster. BX100 were a good series, BX200 is garbage.

Deleted
    In order of price increase: OCZ Trion 150, Crucial MX300, Crucial MX200, Samsung 850 EVO (non-Pro). Correlates with performance increase aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

I can name at least 5-6 SSD series that are same price or cheaper and are faster. BX100 were a good series, BX200 is garbage.
    Faster in benchmarks but actual performance during gaming you won't notice if any difference, don't let the marketing numbers fool you. Reliability, reputation, size and $ per GB is much more important in my opinion.

Now, because of personal preference, experience, and their reputation, I wouldn't touch an OCZ product. You're allowed to disagree.

Faster in benchmarks but actual performance during gaming you won't notice if any difference, don't let the marketing numbers fool you. Reliability, reputation, size and $ per GB is much more important in my opinion.

Now, because of personal preference, experience, and their reputation, I wouldn't touch an OCZ product. You're allowed to disagree.
    You will definetely notice a difference because it's read speeds that are lacking. All those listed are perfectly reliable and reputable, including OCZ, which is owned by Toshiba now and uses their memory and controllers.

Deleted
    OCZ is definitely not reputable, they've had several PR blunders in the past, but I agree, with Toshiba, they're a taking a step up. However, it doesn't matter to me which model or brand OP picks, as long as he is satisfied with his build, that's all that matters.