Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I apologize for the slight off-topic I'm going to cause but this will not take long.

I'm just providing to this guy the example he wanted:

Shadows of the Horde, pg. 144

It's an expression used in multiple contexts so is no goddamn surprise to find examples of this in Warcraft as well.

Now, given what you just read, read your beloved quote again and tell me if its wording is in any way different from what I just quoted.

Honestly, since the obvious answer is "no", I think we could just move on and let this thread stay on topic.
    Finally you actually brought an example. I admit it's a possible interpretation, however C'Thun being unable to "build up his army" seems strange when you consider the fact he was able to create a massive army while still imprisoned during the War of Shifting Sands. What prevented him this time? You can't deny that the word "Strength" is used more often in the other context. Anyway, this is all off topic. However, that is entirely your fault. You shouldn't have brought this up in an unrelated thread since it literally adds nothing to the discussion of this topic other than derailing it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Last edited by Rhlor; 2016-09-24 at 12:15 AM.

But she was part of that elite, duh. It is normal being cautious with them (from a wota night elf perspective), Don Adams said she's just cautious in dealing with them. Suramar shield was like the Gilneas wall, humans hated gilneans for that wall. And Tyrande is just cautious, and even willing to help Thalyssra afterwards, she just asked a question...

Btw, what's the point of that pic, she's literally sending you to do Tyrande's quests because she's busy.
    Last edited by Orquitis; 2016-09-24 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Finally you actually brought an example.
    Yeah but it's kinda sad that I had to honestly. Such a way to use the word in similar contexts is known enough and didn't deserve all the pointless questioning.

I admit it's a possible interpretation, however C'Thun being unable to "build up his army" seems strange when you consider the fact he was able to create a massive army while still imprisoned during the War of Shifting Sands. What prevented him this time?
    Probably the losses endured during the War of the Shifting Sands. Back then the army was big enough to threaten the whole of Kalimdor, building something of the same capacity should have required time and effort. Horde and Alliance were meant to assault the Old God's sanctum before it could gather enough power for a widespread, continental invasion.

"Building" also fits the Old God's specific case considered the insectoid nature of its troops, it could literally cultivate and develop more of them. Of course, it can also be a reference to C'Thun's troops being properly organized for full-out war, something they weren't involved with by the times of the War of the Shifting Sands.

You can't deny that the word "Strength" is used more often in the other context.
    Depends. In certain contexts it's obvious but here it's not since there is a lot to swing towards a similar interpretation, not only the fact that C'Thun had indeed an army serving as physical extension of its power/influence but also the word "building" which, unless you're not some dude lifting weights in a gym, hardly fits to refer to one's individual strength. If C'Thun had to recover from a supposed weakened state caused by its restraints than, indeed, "recover" or "recuperate" its strength would have fitted a lot better.

Anyway, this is all off topic. However, that is entirely your fault. You shouldn't have brought this up in an unrelated thread since it literally adds nothing to the discussion of this topic other than derailing it.
    You made a request in this thread, I satisfied it in this thread. Don't forget it was not me who started the derailing to begin with. However, if from now on you're willing to keep going with this you can do that in private. In this thread, the squabble is good as over for me. I'll not address any further reply different from a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    nightborne speak a unique language but not yet decided the name. I think suramarian would be a good name
    https://twitter.com/_DonAdams/status/779114403153063938
    Damn, looks like night elvenness of Nightborne just took a hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Damn, looks like night elvenness of Nightborne just took a hit.
    "Correct. It's an offshoot, similar to Thalassian."

*heart breaks*
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

"Correct. It's an offshoot, similar to Thalassian."

*heart breaks*
    Ah, missed that part. Today is a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    But she was part of that elite, duh. It is normal being cautious with them (from a wota night elf perspective), Don Adams said she's just cautious in dealing with them. Suramar shield was like the Gilneas wall, humans hated gilneans for that wall. And Tyrande is just cautious, and even willing to help Thalyssra afterwards, she just asked a question...

Btw, what's the point of that pic, she's literally sending you to do Tyrande's quests because she's busy.
    Interesting point, I still don't know whether the shield was visible to the outside world (which feels like a retcon) or if it was also cloaked and only revealed after the Khadgar/Gul'dan fight in the tomb of Sargeras which will explain why there is no mention of it in WC3 (from a story pov)

Tyrande being a bit cautious also makes sense, she seems reckless to people, but given her age and station, we find out her decisions, her surprising decisions like freeing Illidan. lifting the exile on the Highborne and ban on magic, letting the demon hunters help etc have been usually spot on and seem contrary to what you might expect of night elves, but actually isn't if you studied them a bit more or really understood that their beef was not with the arcane magic itself, but with reckless and unbalanced use by the highborne which led to the invasion. Once assuaged or finding trustworthy people in the arcane arts, they have never turned them aside, they didn't in WC3, nor in Cata - I think maybe people over-read the night elf reaction to the blood elves' reckless behavious at the start of TBC, a point where they were behaving like the very Zin'Azshari highborne they descended from - but the blood elves pulled it together later on in that story.

Thalyssra doesn't seem at all surprised by Tyrande, I am curious if this is the first encounter in the game, which leads me to think they either know each other which is going to be interesting, I've been wondering about the relatives of many of the Night elves that were still in Suramar and the possible re-unions that will/can happen.

I wonder what sort of requests Tyrande has? Would be interesting to see, this is Tyrande's original home city and her people that despite suffering a fate that has only just being healed, but Elisande just let the demons in --- she must be having a huge mix of emotions, pride at their role in the WotA, disgust at the Legion allegiance by Elisande -- of all people, or maybe she doesn't quite believe what's gone on.. too little info. They may have been 10k years separated, but i'm sure considers them her long lost flock.. i mean this is the HQ of Elune that's spewing demons and her beloved city she is likely elated that it's survived and intact but horrified the legion is crawling all over it.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-09-24 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

I wonder what sort of requests Tyrande has?
    The quests that the player character will do in 7.1. That's why Thalyssra sends you to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    The quests that the player character will do in 7.1. That's why Thalyssra sends you to her.
    yeh, I'm wondering waht those are.. i guess i can check easily enough

I wonder what sort of requests Tyrande has? Would be interesting to see, this is Tyrande's original home city and her people that despite suffering a fate that has only just being healed, but Elisande just let the demons in --- she must be having a huge mix of emotions, pride at their role in the WotA, disgust at the Legion allegiance by Elisande -- of all people, or maybe she doesn't quite believe what's gone on.. too little info. They may have been 10k years separated, but i'm sure considers them her long lost flock.. i mean this is the HQ of Elune that's spewing demons and her beloved city she is likely elated that it's survived and intact but horrified the legion is crawling all over it.
    Tyrande doesn't care for the nightborne, her goal is to get in trash elisande and her forces, destroy the nightwell and go home. To quote her

"Any regret for these people vanished when they went under that shield"

And if the player is a horde character her flavor text is this

When I let you take the Tears of Elune, I assumed the next time we would see each other would be at the final battle with the legion.

I did not expect to see you in the company of mana addicts at the footsteps of the city of my birth, speak quickly, race. I am not in the mood for Thalyssra's petitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Tyrande doesn't care for the nightborne, her goal is to get in trash elisande and her forces, destroy the nightwell and go home. To quote her

When I let you take the Tears of Elune, I assumed the next time we would see each other would be at the final battle with the legion.

I did not expect to see you in the company of mana addicts at the footsteps of the city of my birth, speak quickly, race. I am not in the mood for Thalyssra's petitions.
    Silly Tyrande, that's only because she's blind to the shining night elveness these guys radiate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but it's kinda sad that I had to honestly. Such a way to use the word in similar contexts is known enough and didn't deserve all the pointless questioning.

Probably the losses endured during the War of the Shifting Sands. Back then the army was big enough to threaten the whole of Kalimdor, building something of the same capacity should have required time and effort. Horde and Alliance were meant to assault the Old God's sanctum before it could gather enough power for a widespread, continental invasion.

"Building" also fits the Old God's specific case considered the insectoid nature of its troops, it could literally cultivate and develop more of them. Of course, it can also be a reference to C'Thun's troops being properly organized for full-out war, something they weren't involved with by the times of the War of the Shifting Sands.

Depends. In certain contexts it's obvious but here it's not since there is a lot to swing towards a similar interpretation, not only the fact that C'Thun had indeed an army serving as physical extension of its power/influence but also the word "building" which, unless you're not some dude lifting weights in a gym, hardly fits to refer to one's individual strength. If C'Thun had to recover from a supposed weakened state caused by its restraints than, indeed, "recover" or "recuperate" its strength would have fitted a lot better.

You made a request in this thread, I satisfied it in this thread. Don't forget it was not me who started the derailing to begin with. However, if from now on you're willing to keep going with this you can do that in private. In this thread, the squabble is good as over for me. I'll not address any further reply different from a PM.
    If Old Gods were unable to build up their own strength/size/power, then this image of the Night hold raid would make zero sense.

Last edited by Night Wind; 2016-09-25 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Ignore hasty post, continuing debate in PMs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

oo..Tyrande is not happy -- I guess Mr Mace, called it right again, she would be furious.. I was expecting or hoping for her and Thalyssra to get on quite well, given how well and admirably Thalyssra has performed. The high priestess is back home, and she is not impressed. Let's not forget, the problem is not a good one, but she doesn't seemt o have recognised the problem has finally been solved. Should put an end to her kin's problem, allowing a far more intensive and balanced use of magic henceforth.

Maybe she hasn't had time to speak with the Vale walker yet. And where do you get the idea she wants to destroy the Nightwell. With hunger issues solved with the Arcan'dor , given the power of the Nightwell, it would be silly to destroy it rather than finally.. for the first time in like forever, actually use the Night elven source of power against the Legion, something they couldn't do with the Well of Eternity in the first War, and ofc, didn't employ in the 2nd Well. Would Tyrande make such a poor decision here? Illidan would certainly utilize the Nightwell for the fight against the Legion, that was one of the 2 main reasons he formed the second well.

Maybe Tyrande's attitude would soften immensely to her arcane enhanced kin once she finds out about Thalsysra's efforts, the Valewalker's solution that solved the hunger, perhaps it will bring her some cheer, and maybe we might see the Goddess herself in action to cleanse the nightwell, would be nice.. while we've all been cheering at Thalyssra's heroics, and everyone is criticising Tyrande's attitude, it will do to bear in mind what this really means to her, and that she might not have been caught up on the details of everything that's going on, or maybe she has, but once the nitty gritty is being dealt with, she would see the merit of the situation.

We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Silly Tyrande, that's only because she's blind to the shining night elvenness these guys radiate.
    Fixed that for you there.

I think that in the end all the elves are going to get along and that's all that matters

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think that in the end all the elves are going to get along and that's all that matters
    The day the Blood elves lower themselves to consider the other elves equals to them is the day I am disgusted with them. They are supposed to be the egocentric progression of night elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Maybe she hasn't had time to speak with the Vale walker yet. And where do you get the idea she wants to destroy the Nightwell. With hunger issues solved with the Arcan'dor , given the power of the Nightwell, it would be silly to destroy it rather than finally.. for the first time in like forever, actually use the Night elven source of power against the Legion, something they couldn't do with the Well of Eternity in the first War, and ofc, didn't employ in the 2nd Well. Would Tyrande make such a poor decision here? Illidan would certainly utilize the Nightwell for the fight against the Legion, that was one of the 2 main reasons he formed the second well.
    https://youtu.be/Gwi1Tufg9q8?t=123

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The day the Blood elves lower themselves to consider the other elves equals to them is the day I am disgusted with them. They are supposed to be the egocentric progression of night elves.

oh wow ! I can't wait to do the quest, Tyrande certainly remembers, but Orquitus is right, she has much more of a cautious vibe, than a hate vibe, wasn't she even more cautious of the highborne from Eldre'thalas, and shd didnd't know them like she knows the Suramar lot.

oh wow ! I can't wait to do the quest, Tyrande certainly remembers, but Orquitus is right, she has much more of a cautious vibe, than a hate vibe, wasn't she even more cautious of the highborne from Eldre'thalas, and shd didnd't know them like she knows the Suramar lot.
    She cooperates with them, but over the course of the campaign she doesn't warm up to them, they remain the secondary objective.