Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Look I find what they're going with is a bit silly but I think we should at least see the whole expansion before saying the whole story arc of Legion is bad because right now it isn't. Just Xe'ra's arc with Illidan is..well weird. Part of me wonders if Xe'ra is kinda in a void state of some sort of effect.
    I mean, the obvious parallels to Hydaelyn from FFXIV aside, how sure are we that Xe'ra is what she appears to be? This is kinda exactly the kind of deception Kil'jaeden pulled on Ner'zhul, after all. Who's to say he, or a Void entity, aren't playing us for fools and preying on doubts our character may have given the absolutely massive body count they've racked up?

Edit: It would also make sense as to why KJ sent his top lieutenant, who happens to be Velen's son, to kill the naaru in the Exodar, whom Velen name-checked as the only entity that could directly unlock the secrets of Light's Heart. If Light's Heart isn't what it appears to be, or if the Xe'ra speaking to us isn't who she appears to be, KJ would have a very vested interest in making sure we can't just crack it open and take a peek, and instead take the Xe'ra talking to us at her word.
    Last edited by Thage; 2016-09-24 at 11:07 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It's shitty storytelling and Xe'ra is a bad character.

If they want to say we were mistaken for killing Illidan and that we didn't know his plans that is fine. Making us out to be "Hateful" when we - at least we beleive we do - is liberate Outland. Not out of hatred but out of necessity to help the enslaved Broken tribes and aiding the Sha'tari forces.

Does she say that to a night elf mage or tauren paladin? because the highborne and sunwalkers were not assaulting the Black Temple back in BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

If they want to say we were mistaken for killing Illidan and that we didn't know his plans that is fine. Making us out to be "Hateful" when we - at least we beleive we do - is liberate Outland. Not out of hatred but out of necessity to help the enslaved Broken tribes and aiding the Sha'tari forces.
    That's.

The Problem was Illidan. What should we think after the Legion attacked us, we drive them back into Outland and see an army of Fel-Orcs who scream Lok'tar Illidan and attacking the long lost martyrs of the Alliance, the Sons of Lothar or the long lost uncorrupted Orcs, then we meet the broken Draenei who are enslaved by demonic servants of Illidan, than we see how the Naga are enslaving Broken and destroying the last remnants of nature in Draenir by stealing the water, then we have to deal with this entire shit with Kael'thas who officially worked for Illidan at that time, while Illidan gives a fuck about explaining a thing to us. Not to forget that even Malfurion assumed that Illidan went totally insane. He is a great Commander against the Legion, but he totally sucks as a leader, he never had any true control of his servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, the obvious parallels to Hydaelyn from FFXIV aside, how sure are we that Xe'ra is what she appears to be? This is kinda exactly the kind of deception Kil'jaeden pulled on Ner'zhul, after all. Who's to say he, or a Void entity, aren't playing us for fools and preying on doubts our character may have given the absolutely massive body count they've racked up?

Edit: It would also make sense as to why KJ sent his top lieutenant, who happens to be Velen's son, to kill the naaru in the Exodar, whom Velen name-checked as the only entity that could directly unlock the secrets of Light's Heart. If Light's Heart isn't what it appears to be, or if the Xe'ra speaking to us isn't who she appears to be, KJ would have a very vested interest in making sure we can't just crack it open and take a peek, and instead take the Xe'ra talking to us at her word.

The Kiljaeden deception , while nice , can t be. We litteraly awake Light s heart with the Tear of Elune. The tear us coming directly from Elune Herself. Using it on the heart would have triggered something else if it was KJ'S doing.

Deleted
    Maybe she is simply horny, which clouds her mind and in the end either Kayn or Altruis have to...sacrifice themselves...so she can think clearly again ans see what a shit she talked.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that our characters may need to be "redeemed" does not mean that Illidan was all good either and does not need to be redeemed himself.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The fact that our characters may need to be "redeemed" does not mean that Illidan was all good either and does not need to be redeemed himself.
    But my Character didn't hated Illidan. He didnt had any problems with him. He simply didn't had any problems with killing him either, which is also his opinion towards the Illidari. Or the Ebon Blade. Or the Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    But my Character didn't hated Illidan. He didnt had any problems with him. He simply didn't had any problems with killing him either, which is also his opinion towards the Illidari. Or the Ebon Blade. Or the Tauren.
    Tauren is love, love the tauren !

Deleted
    If I could, I would throw light's heart out of Acherus right away. Xe'ra acts likes she knows everything yet seems to forget who the real heroes of Azeroth are.
    Honestly, Illidan should have remained dead after Black Temple. Making him looks like a madman after all his failures was still a better choice than all this "muh you r te chusen one wit the powah of light and shadow YO" crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

That's kinda what I suspect to be true but we did use the Tears of Elune to unlock it soooo yeah :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

so basically us fighting against the old gods/burning legion means nothing, because we killed a whiny half-night-elf mongrel with superiority complex who did everything to make us want to kill him.

if xe'ra thinks it was fine from illidan to not talk about his plans and acting alone, why doesnt she let him act alone again and find his way back? why help him now, if he didnt want help before?

Deleted
    Even though I find the thing about Xe'ra being KJ a nice idea and well in line with what KJ could plan and accomplish, I still doubt the theory because.. Tears of Elune.

I was thinking about the book and how Xe'ra was portrayed there and.. hm. What if it's weakened state and the whole 'in the Light we are one'-thing it mistakes us for Maiev? She was the one who stood over his body, she was the one who did the killing. If Xe'ra is indeed as old as it claims, maybe it does have problems with identifying one mortal being from another. And boy was Maiev full of hatred. In the book her hatred goes even further and she thinks of killing the adventurers before she then just leaves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    even playing the Legion quest chain about illidan it's like... is this a guy I'm supposed to sympathize with? The seminal moments are 1) him throwing a bitchfit when he gets passed over for top druid and 2) him murdering all his underlings to take their power, then throwing another bitchfit when ravencrest is like 'yo maybe that isn't the best way to go'. And this is the guy we're supposed to like? What part of this is praiseworthy?

I'm convinced the whole thing's a swerve just because I can't imagine the writers are this tone deaf. The writing for previous NPC heroes wasn't always the greatest (i.e. greenjesus), but at least it was consistent.
    THe jist of all that is that there can be no victory without sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does Xe'ra just ignore how Illidan didn't even make an attempt to discuss anything anyway? And just tried to kill us? And how he allowed the Broken to be treated? Or wait, how about that Illidan used to work for the Legion so we had no reason to trust him anyway, which goes back to yet again how he didn't even try to discuss anything to gain trust? I mean, Akama was right there with him and even said that Illidan was pretty much just as bad as Magtheridon.

This is an...extremely strange decision, to suddenly claim that we did it in hatred.
    In the book about Illidan, Illidan goes out of his way to try and keep his plans a secret from the Burning Legion. That's most likely why he didn't explain anything or try and clear it up with us. He didn't want to show his hand, what he had, what he planned.
    But even so, the shit he did was provocative. Why even send the Belfs to attack Shattrath? It should've meant nothing to him. It had no purpose or point. No value. There was a multitude of things that didn't make any sense if he wanted to keep a low profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

Illidan thought he did the right thing.
    We thought we did the right thing.
    Neither was wrong.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked it more when Illidan became an evil bastard to stop other evil bastards and that people, out of desperation, made a deal with him. I liked that even while he was completely and unquestionably evil, he was against the Legion or at least could help his brother to save Tyrande. That made him a decent character to me. I mean I liked that the Lich King, while still clearly a villain, was against other villains in the Burning Legion and was bent on fucking them over. I don't think Illidan's character has always been well-written but this new "he was good all along" is awful to me. The tone of this naaru just adds to that.

Illidan didn't need a redemption in a traditional sense. He just needed to be like "oh no I'm still totally fucking evil but fuck the Legion anyway", kinda like what Garrosh had but without the bullshit afterwards. Would have been more sensible to me than 'he dindu nuffin' and that we're the bad guys.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Are you people seriously bitching.

After kerrigan, Sylvanas, Illidan

You would think by now you would all get it in your head that Blizzard are BIG on the Anti-Heroes.

But newp all of you are goodie little paragons and cannot fathom being a dick and sweeping people aside to do what is nessesary. At least those controversal Anti-Heroes get shit done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    THe jist of all that is that there can be no victory without sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

In the book about Illidan, Illidan goes out of his way to try and keep his plans a secret from the Burning Legion. That's most likely why he didn't explain anything or try and clear it up with us. He didn't want to show his hand, what he had, what he planned.
    But even so, the shit he did was provocative. Why even send the Belfs to attack Shattrath? It should've meant nothing to him. It had no purpose or point. No value. There was a multitude of things that didn't make any sense if he wanted to keep a low profile
    The attack was 100% Kael'Thas unless you literally didn't read a single bit of the lore surrounding the event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Are you people seriously bitching.

After kerrigan, Sylvanas, Illidan

You would think by now you would all get it in your head that Blizzard are BIG on the Anti-Heroes.

But newp all of you are goodie little paragons and cannot fathom being a dick and sweeping people aside to do what is nessesary. At least those controversal Anti-Heroes get shit done.

- - - Updated - - -

The attack was 100% Kael'Thas unless you literally didn't read a single bit of the lore surrounding the event.
    No need to be so fucking hostile about it. Jesus fucking Christ. It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No need to be so fucking hostile about it. Jesus fucking Christ. It's just a game.
    I'm not hostile. You must be outside your safe space carebear.

I'm not hostile. You must be outside your safe space carebear.
    No, that was clearly (and bizarrely) hostile. Now you're being hostile again. If you don't think you're being hostile, you ought to reconsider how your text is coming across.

People should be able to disagree with you without hearing stuff like:

But newp all of you are goodie little paragons and cannot fathom being a dick and sweeping people aside to do what is nessesary.".
    Then you're obviously being hostile again by saying;

You must be outside your safe space carebear.
    Chill out. It's a game, and people have different opinions to you.

On topic, I don't really mind Xe'ra saying this. We up and killed Illidan and his army without a whole lot of thought. He was a dick, and half his army was doing terrible things, but the fact is that the Ally and Horde go in and murder everybody without even considering diplomacy or, you know, stopping to think.

BC has a very weak story anyway, so this can mostly be chalked up to that. I sort of look at this as a retcon in a way - we certainly did kill Illidan without much thought, but back then the most complicated story in WoW was "plz kill boars for meat".

Edit: Typos.

"I didn't kill illidan, but because I am a retribution paladin of the army of light, and not illidan, I take the blame"- Shittiest naaru ever.

BITCH WHAT?! AHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! How dare you say that my soul is full of hatred and anger, when in reality, I WAS PRAISED BY EVERYONE ELSE! Everyone loved me, and that was because I WAS A HERO! I defeated the LK, the sha, deathwing, garrosh, archimonde, blackhand, and god knows how many without a SWEAT! And you're gonna tell me that mr edgelord, non druidic, faction switching, run-away pussy WAS ACTUALLY THE HERO?!

Man, i'm just gonna say it. Xe'ra is sargeras. Remember, even though kil'jaeden would be a likely canidate, just tell me this, WHO WANTS ILLIDANS BODY/SOUL AGAIN?!

Exactly. Sargeras is likely toying with us, making us beileve that we're wrong, and we need a redemption, while bringing illidans soul closer and closer to sargeras.

I'm sorry, but...if xe'ra was a naaru..and thought that illidan was good, then..why did the other naaru not know this? Hell, if lights heart was the "PRIME" naaru, then...why the fuck didn't she tell her friends to "Fuck off", eh? All of this makes no sense, and goes against EVERYTHING that i've worked for.

I protect this world for over 12 years, and yet this bitch wants to say that i am "Evil"? I mean, she seems to praise the DHs just fine, and yet she thinks that we're bullies. Honestly, WHY?! THE DHs ARE ON OUR SIDE, yet she thinks that.....the DHs should be mad at the mortals still?

Fuck it man, i'm theorizing. XE'RA IS SARGERAS, this will likely be right, cause...let's face it, if sargeras wants illidans body to become his vessel, then might as well devour his soul while at it. And if ya want the soul of someone important, better confuse the minds of the brave, AKA...us.