Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    It is highly likely that we'll be fighting Kil'Jaeden as the final boss for Legion. Blizzard is tying up loose lore ends with this expansion and the 'Illidan vs. KJ' story is one of them.
    This will be twice then we get an Illidan based expansion that ends with us fighting Kil'Jaedin. Nope. Maybe Illidan will finish him off himself, but it won't be us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Said it twice, wont be KJ, they already did Archimonde, and theres been no real hints of KJ at all this expansion save a few artifact weapon gimmicks.

In essence, hes not big enough to be the expansions final bad.

Illidan is too prominantly mentioned -not- to be used, there is also some interesting prophecy chatter from the emerald nightmare tree il'gynoth that might give us some insights into the future suggesting the final boss may actually be N'zoth.
    ''Hes not big enough to be the Final bad''. Literally what.

>Hes the one that guided Gul'dan here after Arch plunged him through
    >Invaded Velen and the Draenei using Velens son, now even the Draenei have had enough.
    >Appears in like 3 artifact quest
    >Appears in the Demon Hunter Class Campaign
    >The whole purpose for Illidan's campaign before he died was to invade Argus and kill KJ.
    >Left remaining Hand of Sargeras in an expansion called Legion

In comparison:

Nzoth has some random and cryptic whispers from minions that fit more a future expansion and I guess the Naga.

Sooo?

Said it twice, wont be KJ, they already did Archimonde, and theres been no real hints of KJ at all this expansion save a few artifact weapon gimmicks.

In essence, hes not big enough to be the expansions final bad.

Illidan is too prominantly mentioned -not- to be used, there is also some interesting prophecy chatter from the emerald nightmare tree il'gynoth that might give us some insights into the future suggesting the final boss may actually be N'zoth.
    Not big enough?

KJ is the biggest villan in the franchise outside a full fledged Sargeras.

N'zoths south of Surumar.

My prediction is KJ dies and Sargeras Either regains his Avatar or Regains avatar and is immediatly assaulted by an entirely freed N'zoth as a result giving the old god ITS personal avatar. que next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    ''Hes not big enough to be the Final bad''. Literally what.

>Hes the one that guided Gul'dan here after Arch plunged him through
    >Invaded Velen and the Draenei using Velens son, now even the Draenei have had enough.
    >Appears in like 3 artifact quest
    >Appears in the Demon Hunter Class Campaign
    >The whole purpose for Illidan's campaign before he died was to invade Argus and kill KJ.
    >Left remaining Hand of Sargeras in an expansion called Legion

In comparison:

Nzoth has some random and cryptic whispers from minions that fit more a future expansion and I guess the Naga.

Sooo?
    Nevermind DHs regained the Sargerite Keystone in their class quests.

The very stone Illidan sent them after in TBC to open a way to Argus.

Illidans Soul is our next goal after Nighthold when we get his body.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finale tier is probably going to be a huge Argus Zone on the edges of the raid which is Kil'jaeden's Palace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    This will be twice then we get an Illidan based expansion that ends with us fighting Kil'Jaedin. Nope. Maybe Illidan will finish him off himself, but it won't be us.
    Are you trying to say KJ is not a big enough Villan despite being the Creator of half the expansions antagonists and the de-facto leader of the Legion throughout WoW's timeline to warrent 2 expansions.

Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I could see FA Thalyssra in there as ‘a boss’ with little control over her actions but conscious of what she is doing (and not liking it either). I want to see KJ in there at the end but I’m not sure I want to see us mere mortals defeat him. –The perfect fight for me would see KJ defeat us, then prophet Velen runs in all crazy, resurrects us but gets the killing blow. OK, they kind of did it with the Arthas fight but after all these years of running away, I want to see Velen face off against his old friend.
    Archinmonde and Kil'jaeden are pretty much equals.

You can corner him with a sufficient force he can be destroyed if in the right place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Demon View Post
    I have a wild theory about what could happen. It's out there, so bear with me. But I think it's very plausible. So let's get started!

Gul'Dan stole Illidan's lifeless corpse with notions that he is the key to destroying Azeroth. I think it's safe to say that if Illidan was resurrected directly, he wouldn't really be too fond of the idea of helping the Legion in any way, and it wouldn't necessarily be easy to force him to do anything. What I think is that Illidan won't be resurrected at all. Gul'Dan plans to use his corpse as a vessel.

In the Demon Hunter starting scenario on Mardum, we learn (and affirm) that demons do not truly die. Instead, their souls are lost in the Twisting Nether until they can find a "suitable vessel" to resurrect themselves again. I think Gul'Dan believes that Illidan's body is a powerful enough vessel to host an avatar of Sargeras, much like how Medivh was a host to an avatar of Sargeras long ago. So we won't directly fight the Dark Titan himself (because that would be ludicrous) and we won't be fighting Illidan again (because that would also be ludicrous), but we COULD be up against the AVATAR of Sargeras, who is wearing Illidan's corpse so he can finally walk on Azeroth.

So what do you guys think? Plausible?
    It's Sunwell

Illidan is Annvena in this case.

Illidan has IMMENSE amounts of Magic inside him the fuel a portal at the Nightwell (Sunwell) to bring Kil'jaeden to Azeroth.

It's quite simple whats going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Demon View Post
    I have a wild theory about what could happen. It's out there, so bear with me. But I think it's very plausible. So let's get started!

Gul'Dan stole Illidan's lifeless corpse with notions that he is the key to destroying Azeroth. I think it's safe to say that if Illidan was resurrected directly, he wouldn't really be too fond of the idea of helping the Legion in any way, and it wouldn't necessarily be easy to force him to do anything. What I think is that Illidan won't be resurrected at all. Gul'Dan plans to use his corpse as a vessel.

In the Demon Hunter starting scenario on Mardum, we learn (and affirm) that demons do not truly die. Instead, their souls are lost in the Twisting Nether until they can find a "suitable vessel" to resurrect themselves again. I think Gul'Dan believes that Illidan's body is a powerful enough vessel to host an avatar of Sargeras, much like how Medivh was a host to an avatar of Sargeras long ago. So we won't directly fight the Dark Titan himself (because that would be ludicrous) and we won't be fighting Illidan again (because that would also be ludicrous), but we COULD be up against the AVATAR of Sargeras, who is wearing Illidan's corpse so he can finally walk on Azeroth.

So what do you guys think? Plausible?
    It's Sunwell

Illidan is Annvena in this case.

Illidan has IMMENSE amounts of Magic inside him the fuel a portal at the Nightwell (Sunwell) to bring Kil'jaeden to Azeroth.

It's quite simple whats going on.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-09-25 at 01:39 AM.

Tinfoil Hat Time:

Final boss is an Old God or Sargeras-possessed Jaina Proudmoore.

I think the big problem with KJ being the final boss is that he's had so little presence so far. This isn't a clue that he won't be the final boss (just look at Archimonde in WoD), but it would sort of suck if he was. That is, of course, unless he gets more screentime in patches (or if you just play a DH).

We've beaten him before - no, he wasn't at full power, but then we didn't have a (mostly) united world, several years of extra combat experience, class order armies and artifact weapons behind us.

For my money, I really think that the final boss will either be a new Avatar of Sargeras (in Medivh, Khadgar or Illidan's body) or something leading into the next expansion (probably one of N'Zoth's main minions). Kil'Jaeden is a big bad, but I feel like he'd be a bit anticlimactic to fight to end the Legion invasion. He's an important and powerful dude, but we've beaten him once and Archimonde twice.

So, yeah. I don't think KJ is necessarily unlikely, I just hope he's not the final boss. A boss for sure - just not the final one. I could imagine a non-final patch being about a raid on his temple in Argus, for example, and that sounds super cool.

Genn going mad & Siege of Gilneas as a raid. Leads to Azshara expansion with Kul Tiras and shit.

That'd be hilarious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    This is the reason why Blizzard does his own thing most of the time and doesn't listen to the ''players'' (and no making the game more accessible isn't listening to the players its a businesses choice).

The entire list reeks of ''fan fiction'' in the sense that it's just random names and making M Night shyamalan movie (weird plot twist)

Chances are we will see Gul'dan as a end boss in some way (with some extra powers granted by KJ) or a KJ in full body.

A nice thing about this expansion is you can stretch the story of this expansion pass the standard 2 years arch. Legion could be the first story about pushing the Legion of Azeroth and you could potentially have a 2e expansion or even a 3e expansion about invading major Legion worlds.
    You could even keep Legion in the title like WoW:Legion the thousand year war.........WoW:Legion <whatever>. It would make sense that you couldn't tell the whole story in 1 or even 2 expansions if we are supposed to win and help the Army of Light.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Man I feel like ive been saying this for an entire year now, but my guess is and still is, something N'zoth related. either N'zoth himself, or N'zoth infesting an avatar of Sargeras.

The Legion is getting played big time in this expansion. Azshara and Xavius have them tricked into believing they're loyal to the Legion still, which they're clearly still loyal to the Old Gods. Unless lore really doesn't matter and the fact that the Legion hates the Old Gods/Void Lords more than us, didn't make it into the game.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2016-09-25 at 05:16 AM.

I rather kill that mangy Sylvanas. Make it happen, blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I rather kill that mangy Sylvanas. Make it happen, blizzard!
    Don't worry, Sargeras and the Legion are back to being minor threats again. They'll be killed off asap.

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.
    Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed?
    Do the Naaru talk of their servants that came before the Draenei? No? Hahahaha!

Deleted
    hes not big enough to be the expansions final bad.
    Thanks for the morning laughs.

And yes, this is regardless of whether he turned out to be or not. I am still banking on Avatar of Sargeras as my first choice, but saying Kil'jaeden isn't big enough, despite being possibly the most powerful demon after Sargeras himself (unless I am forgetting someone very important), and definitely his current second in command?

Please.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-09-25 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    They should hire Nixxiom into Blizzard, so we can finally get Manduin as High King. By far an deeper and better Character than Anduin.

N'Zoth as final boss would be a huge let down in my mind. He's supposed to be the weakest of the Old Gods, and we already handled the others. We've defeated the likes of Deathwing and LK, and in an expansion as grand as legion you want a weak Old God?

It's really obvious that 7.2 is N'zoth/Sleeping City zone and the last content patch will be a raid on Kil'Jaedens palace.

All those hints of N'zoth coming soon, being unlocked through the pillars (we get the last one at the end of Nighthold) and being located under the Nightwell/Suramar (the tomb of Sargeras was literally connected to Suramar) would make it weird if he was the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The Legion is getting played big time in this expansion. Azshara and Xavius have them tricked into believing they're loyal to the Legion still, which they're clearly still loyal to the Old Gods. Unless lore really doesn't matter and the fact that the Legion hates the Old Gods/Void Lords more than us, didn't make it into the game.
    Azshara aside, I'm not sure how Xavius' allegiance and the fact that Sargeras (not particularly the Legion) hates the corruption of the Void more than us have much to do with each other. We already know that the Legion is at least interested in, if not having some plans to do with the Old Gods (or their power) in WoD seeing that Archimonde was keeping a fragment of the rift of Aln. It could be a case of both sides (the OG / Legion) trying to use each other to their own ends, with Xavius being the middle man.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Varian will be the last boss trust me, he's gonna be Sarg's vessel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    That would be one hell of a disenchanted vessel :V

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    i dont think sargeras would have much of an advantage having strange dust as body.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i dont think sargeras would have much of an advantage having strange dust as body.
    He could always use Varian to enchant his weapon though!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    He could always use Varian to enchant his weapon though!
    second profession update:
    -use dead faction leaders as enchanting reagents!

Formerly known as Arafal