Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    It was like that before. People seem to forget how easy Draenor made professions and how much the market was saturated with mats. Pots and Flasks used to always be high at the start of an expansion before Draenor tanked the market.
    It really did. You could take any alts that had professions you needed, like Alch, play them just until they get their garrison, and then passively create the consumables required for your main. But now you really need to level alts to max, and continue to play them, to benefit from their professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    So you are saying you can pick 5 measily starlight rose and sell them for enough to buy a flask?

Sounds pretty cheap and easy to me!

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    just wait for 7.1 when the blood vendor comes
    yup and then mats will be practically useless again like they were in wod.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    didn't realise they cost so much.

My Guildie gives me all my AGI flasks since he makes tons of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
    It's not just pots/flasks..... gems and enchants are also very expensive at the moment.

I went to buy a gem to add just 200 intellect to my neck socket and it was priced at 17,000 Gold on my server.

When you consider I could then go into a dungeon afterwards and get a better neck drop I would effectively lose 17K for nothing

Think I can live without a 200 intellect gem for now until the market settles down a bit.
    It's because there aren't many epics dropping right now that can be disenchanted into chaos crystals. Not only are not many epics dropping, but you have to remember that Blizzard just this week fixed a bug, where those things were disenchanting into ley crystals instead of chaos crystals, so the already tiny supply was even tinier because of that bug. On top of that, how many people are actually disenchanting their bop epics this early in an expansion instead of equipping them even if they are not quite the best stats? I mean I got an 870 helm off Nithogg... so yeah no disenchant happening there.

It will get better over the coming weeks. Personally, for example, I will be running raid finder every single week so I can disenchant all that deliciously crappy 835 gear. Weekly world bosses went live this week too.

It's more to do with the way the herbs work than anything else. Particularly foxflower; foxflower is an incredibly rare commodity compared to the other herbs, and anything using foxflower is ridiculously expensive.

I've been hopping on my level 100 herbalist over the weekend, and even Starlight Roses were infinitely easier to get out of 110 Suramar than foxflowers out of Highmountain. Foxflowers are a bit easier to find in northern Highmountain, but even those aren't fun to get. I'm pretty sure if they just increased Highmountain's foxflower nodes by about 500%, prices would drop to something more reasonable than 20k per raid night.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's more to do with the way the herbs work than anything else. Particularly foxflower; foxflower is an incredibly rare commodity compared to the other herbs, and anything using foxflower is ridiculously expensive.

I've been hopping on my level 100 herbalist over the weekend, and even Starlight Roses were infinitely easier to get out of 110 Suramar than foxflowers out of Highmountain. Foxflowers are a bit easier to find in northern Highmountain, but even those aren't fun to get. I'm pretty sure if they just increased Highmountain's foxflower nodes by about 500%, prices would drop to something more reasonable than 20k per raid night.
    I've found tons of the other herbs but Starlight Roses are still quite rare... Especially as you only usually get one per herb node if you manage to herb it. Most of my foxflowers have the fox buff on them, then the dreamleaf random encounter, then kind of a tie between starlight rose guy and aethril leaf guy. Still only rank 1 on aethril leaf after 500+ nodes though and rank 1 fjarnskaggl.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

This is the main issue. Most of the people I see out "herbing" are doing it on level 100 alts, and they don't want to kill mobs. I'm gathering and selling multiple stacks of foxflowers per day, it's honestly not that hard to do if you are willing to kill mobs to clear nodes. I see people sticking to the roads, only picking what's nearby. Meanwhile I've waded out into the weeds, killed 4-5 mobs, gotten 3-4 foxflower nodes out of the area, and picked up a fox's dropped flowers too.

I genuinely laugh at how many people are trying to pick roses in that little area of Suramar around the kittens north to the Val'Sharah zone line and over to the river. There's a half dozen spawn points in there, and they are all racing around it like a little track. Meanwhile I go over into the ruins and pick up stacks and stacks of them, and hardly see anyone. Keeps my ancient mana topped off for the scenario too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    The economy is how the players make it If things are getting expensive, just farm yourself Make your raid farm and make them earn money or get the consumables Then things won't really cost that much anymore compared to your gold income

The price is gonna go down by alot in the next few weeks/months but right now you either earn alot of money through the system or find yourself paying alot to max out your raid potential..... If it is too much, then maybe run a raid without pots and elixirs I know it is hard, but my guild is doing this for the first 3 raid weeks, because it is not worth using 50k gold each week for raiding consumables

And if you bot..... I really hope that Blizzard catches you
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Seems like a strange new system unless they are trying to take us back to the classic days where flasks/pots were so expensive people rarely used them outside of end bosses.

I mean potions of old war are selling for 2k on my server. Using 2 of those a pull plus flasks / food / augment runes is insanely expensive.

It shouldn't cost over 5k gold for each boss attempt.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I have now made over 350 intellect flasks and over 200 strength flasks and have the rank 3 recipe in NEITHER. This is the biggest problem with alchemy at the moment. The mats are a pain in the ass to farm (1 starlight rose per node at Rank 3), Flasks and pots cost way too many mats to make (7 per flask, 2 per potion as far as Starlight Rose is concerned) and the Rank 3 recipes seem to be LESS than 1% "drop chance."

Nomi's work orders are also a horrendous mess and Prospecting and Jewelcrafting are atrocious. The professions in this game have literally never been worse, and that is saying something after how bad WoD professions were.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post

Capitalism works best without intervention.
    Lolwhat ? That's why irl there is no pure (wild) capitalism pretty much anywhere ?

AH prices are indeed rather silly for various reasons - the biggest one that many people dropped herbalism in WoD because it was useless, so not enough herb gatheres are around.

Contrary to many others I don't believe that rank 3 is going to magically cure it. Those only marginally increase the output, maybe 20% for Alchemy and to varying degrees for Herbalism, its not a 300% increase that suddenly fixes the low availability of herbs.

But gathering works fine like it always has. The potions and flasks don't really need "more" herbs then in previous expansions, and herbs aren't particularly scarce.
    Gathering enough for an entire guild has always taken a long time, since one person is doing the work for 20-30 people. But supplying only yourself with enough herbs for flasks and pots is maybe an hour or two a week, depending on how much you actually raid (ie. how much you need).

We've been urging people in our guild to either take herbalism or level an alt with herbalism to help supply themself and the guild.
    As long as there is way more people buying then those selling, prices won't go down, so everyone that complains about the prices should consider this as well - actively do something about it, and gather herbs!

Its fascinating how fast people forget - one expansion with free herbs and noone remembers how gathering worked before and how scarce herbs were as most people don't have herbalism on their mains. It always took time for alts to be brought up to resolve that situation.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-09-25 at 06:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    Lolwhat ? That's why irl there is no pure (wild) capitalism pretty much anywhere ?
    The corn industry is a perfect example of what intervention can do.

Absolutely destroyed the market and the government is having to repay (on top of what they already pay them) the farmers the money they're losing just so they're continuing to grow the food.

It's great,i'm raking in around 100k a day with my Herbalism and Alchemy

i don't really mind the pot and flask prices, what really gets on my nerves is the goddamn tome of tranquil mind bullshit. Why the fuck do i have to pay 600g per talent switch in the middle of the raid? what was wrong with the old system? if inscription needed a way to make money, why were they not given the shoulder enchants that are now gated behind various reputations. This is really stupid.

Are ppl missing that the prices are so high because ppl can afford it?
    Gold is still just flowing in like it did in WoD. Class hall giving few thousand each day per char, WQs same and inflation on all other sources.

Ppl made millions just casually farming raids and garrison in WoD, paying 2000g per pot dont make a dent in most players bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But gathering works fine like it always has. The potions and flasks don't really need "more" herbs then in previous expansions, and herbs aren't particularly scarce
    Well, take a look at MoP potion requirement -- say potion of mogu power, it's 1 green leaf tea and 1 fool'c cap or flasks of spring's blossom, it's 1 golden lotus and 4 snow lily.
    Legion pots and potions require 3 type of herbs both, one of which is semi-scarce.
    Also, you didn't need to proc lvl 3 recipe to make more, you could choose specialization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Are ppl missing that the prices are so high because ppl can afford it?
    Gold is still just flowing in like it did in WoD. Class hall giving few thousand each day per char, WQs same and inflation on all other sources.

Ppl made millions just casually farming raids and garrison in WoD, paying 2000g per pot dont make a dent in most players bank.
    You're re overestimating the amount of people that took advantage of WoD's gold rush.

Deleted
    The gullible Sheeple are paying it, so why should I not pinch some gold out of their loose, deep and lewd pockets? Simply with buying all the herbs and selling the flasks and pots is bringing in yyuuuuuge amounts of gold. I love it. And the prices are getting even higher on my server, haha. Sheeple indeed.

Personally, I only use Flasks at the moment (2h buff is awesome and makes it reasonable), and pots only on close HC encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2016-09-25 at 08:04 AM.

Life of raiding. Remember when you could spend 24 hours (3x8) farming primals to get recistanse gear and yet be short of it?

I really dont want to "speak for my own greatness" but when i started behind everybody else I had basicly nothing and 30 gold. Post leveling I had 11 000. Post the Suramar/HC/Mythic dungeons/WQ/Whatever "mandatory shit" i was up to 79 000. I also skilled mining and put in some hours but not many (107 in skill) and 1 point in enchanting only to D/E stuff.

The ores I have sold and the stuff I have dissenchanted has paid for my Neck, cloak and ring enchants. I still have 2 chaoscrystals left. I also have pots (new healing and new during the encounter ones, but I use old prepots since hey, not really anything else to use as a healer) and 375 buff food for few weeks and like 26 runes. Yes, I am down to likx 4k gold left for repairs and shit, and I will have to farm up some to buy bonusrolls next week, but I am yet to touch the gold I have banked and taken with me on the xfers.

I see people put in a lot of farming timing and trying to be efficient and they dont complain. They knew this would happen. Everybody knew this would happen.

I see people who had time to prepare for weeks and months, that are soaked in luxuary and gold, that dont go out farm or anything and complains that its to expensive and for that sake "they wont use their gold on buy stuff from AH".

Idk, people do just as they want to and it all comes down tho what people wants. My PoV is tho that without much effort and just some efficient hours to pay for enchants and get ready for a weeks or twos raiding was not a problem by any means.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDR: All i see is a lot of whine, whine whine whine.

Wtf you can easily do 5k gold a day without any real effort. If you plan some, you can easily do 100k. Do some herbing?!