Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll say it again. Y'sharrj was killed by Aman'thul in the primordial time of Azeroth by pulling him out of the earth which caused a lot of damage and left a big hole of sorts. Afterwards, the Titans decided doing that again to the other Old Gods would seriously injure Azeroth possibly killing/destroying it.
    I'm so confused as to what that has to do with what I said O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    But that's exactly the description of the item:

"Xal'atath had its dark genesis in an age long before the Horde and the Alliance, an age when the legendary Old Gods and their Black Empire engulfed the world in shadow. There are many theories concerning the blade‘s creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices."
    is that the flavor text on the weapon? I've only read the quotes, but that's really cool if they go with that. I've always stuck with the 5 old gods and it struck me as weird that they would actually remove an established potential future villain(more content) when all they ever do is try to add more characters/villains as content.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    is that the flavor text on the weapon? I've only read the quotes, but that's really cool if they go with that. I've always stuck with the 5 old gods and it struck me as weird that they would actually remove an established potential future villain(more content) when all they ever do is try to add more characters/villains as content.
    Not sure if it's the flavor text or the research text. I don't have a Spriest myself.
    But reading Chronicles it's quite evident that they left open the amount of Old Gods around Azeroth. Very little of what happened between the Old Gods enslaving the Elemental Lords and the war against the Titanforged is explained in there. For all we know there could be 10 Old Gods and they fought each other and when Aggramar arrived only 4 remained.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    reference to magni bronzebeard, who is now hearing voices from what he claims to be Azeroth. but who knows, maybe its old god whispers instead.

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."
    5 pillars of creation. My first instinct is a copy of war of the ancients plot: use a powefull relic (demonsoul/pillars) for someting (summon sargeras/sealing tomb) and then the old gods re-direct this energy to free themselves.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    not sure on this one. probably referencing N'zoth as the ultimate objective.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    anduin wrynn. not sure on the references tho, probably for later in expansion.

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    azeroths heart is the well of eternity, and nzoth lives in it. (remember the dark tendrils nozdormu encountered when probing the well of eternity, tho this was 10k years ago when nzoth was still properly imprisoned so thats abit odd)

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    probably means khadgar, who will be the one using the pillars of creation to seal the tomb of sargeras, inadvertently setting the old gods plan in motion.

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    just random talk about curse of flesh.

tldr: nzoth is manipulating khadgar/us through bronzebeard to use the pillars of creation to stop the legion, and will then redirect that energy to release itself from it's prison. anduin will play some role, probably trying to thwart the old gods plan by telling "lies" about the dangers of using the pillars, and maybe suggesting we use the power of our artifacts instead or something.

I didn't want to start another "whisper" thread,that is why I wanted to ask you a specific question - do you remember,how we got attacked by the faceless ones in the Ulduar,when we arrived there along with the Brann and Khadgar.Coincidence?If old gods have really,possibly corrupted the Azeroth and she's giving false commands to Magni,who is telling us what to do and what's "Her" will,why would they send their minions to attack us,when we're on our way to deal with the demons in Ulduar and to free Magni from captivity?If they're interested in us retrieving the pillars and and dealing with the legion,thus freeing N'zoth,why would they consider sending their minions after us?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I didn't want to start another "whisper" thread,that is why I wanted to ask you a specific question - do you remember,how we got attacked by the faceless ones in the Ulduar,when we arrived there along with the Brann and Khadgar.Coincidence?If old gods have really,possibly corrupted the Azeroth and she's giving false commands to Magni,who is telling us what to do and what's "Her" will,why would they send their minions to attack us,when we're on our way to deal with the demons in Ulduar and to free Magni from captivity?If they're interested in us retrieving the pillars and and dealing with the legion,thus freeing N'zoth,why would they consider sending their minions after us?
    Well, firstly let me clear that I don't believe that Azeroth is corrupted, or it would have looked much more different (based on the description of a corrupted world soul and the near-corrupted Azeroth) However, to play devil's advocate, there isn't any indication that the attack in the Legion's introduction quest chain has much to do with the Old Gods' intention of interfering with us. Those Echoes spawned from the Saronite Vapors, which ooze out from Yogg's body. There is a gigantic yogg body under Ulduar / Northrend, it wouldn't be too off for it to still spewing out vapors (that spawn adds) here and then (like how Sha were still spawning years after Y'Shaarj's death) and we just happened to got to Ulduar at a bad time. That caretaker mecha-gnome didn't seem to care much about it and it didn't seem like the first time such incident happen either ("Not again! The keepers will make me fill out an incident report!").

Who knows, maybe it's an weekly even lore-wise in Ulduar now...
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

We know how much damage just Y'shaarjs locked up heart did. Imagine how much Yog'Sarrons entire body has? There are possibility here. The sha were echoes, they did tonnes of damage. Lets stop pretending it isn't a possibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    probably means khadgar, who will be the one using the pillars of creation to seal the tomb of sargeras, inadvertently setting the old gods plan in motion.
    I still think this is Odyn moreso than Khadgar. Odyn is trapped in his pocket kingdom with the Valarjar, he is *THE* lord of the ravens and we'll be freeing him in the next raid. And he's a fairly ominous figure, all things considered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I still think this is Odyn moreso than Khadgar. Odyn is trapped in his pocket kingdom with the Valarjar, he is *THE* lord of the ravens and we'll be freeing him in the next raid. And he's a fairly ominous figure, all things considered.
    well i am a warrior and i haven't noticed any obvious raven references around odyn. also read chronicle dont remember any ravens. whereas the guardian of tirisfall/atiesh has been raven related for 20 years in the wow universe.

as havi he has ravens with him, but i haven't seen anything suggesting they are more then easter eggs.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-26 at 12:31 PM.

well i am a warrior and i haven't noticed any obvious raven references around odyn. also read chronicle dont remember any ravens. whereas the guardian of tirisfall/atiesh has been raven related for 20 years in the wow universe.

as havi he has ravens with him, but i haven't seen anything suggesting they are more then easter eggs.

On Norse mythology the Ravens are pretty important for Odin. That's why a lot of people connect him to ravens. But i do believe it's Medivh / Khadgar and not Odyn.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    On Norse mythology the Ravens are pretty important for Odin. That's why a lot of people connect him to ravens. But i do believe it's Medivh / Khadgar and not Odyn.
    oh. yeah. a lot of people assume that it's a literal copy/pasta of norse mythology. get a lot of that about my class hall too.

oh. yeah. a lot of people assume that it's a literal copy/pasta of norse mythology. get a lot of that about my class hall too.
    In this case it is. The disguise he uses, Havi, is in the company of Huginn and Muninn. Which happen to be ravens. So it's a very strong possibility Odyn will turn the key.

I believe it'll be Khadgar but not because he is corrupted but because he will have no other choice.

Deleted
    It's not even about Odyn being a copypasta or not, but the thing is, we will be freeing him from his "exile". Aaaand what then? They made a raid specifically related to freeing him, so it's a given that he'll be playing a role.

This is ofc not a certainty, most of these whispers have several likely interpretations (Elisande could also be Sylvanas, Azeroth could also be Jaina, the king of diamonds and the boy king seem pretty straightforward, so there's that). Old Gods be cryptic, mon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trashfu View Post
    In this case it is. The disguise he uses, Havi, is in the company of Huginn and Muninn. Which happen to be ravens. So it's a very strong possibility Odyn will turn the key.
    and in the beta he had a pet or something that was named after his 8 legged horse. but that was removed. so what major storyline was cut there?
    theres also a mickey mouse in the game, the lost vikings, hundreds of other things, all easter eggs. there is nothing to indicated this is different.

Odyn raid was planned last minute, because nighthold was delayed last minute. Karazhan wasn't (there is a raven on karazhan in the announcement trailer). theres a short story about khadgar claiming the power of guardian but rejecting it.

The only thing Odyn has going for him is that he is this expansions titanic watcher, and thus would presumably be better then us at using the pillars. I mean they could ofcourse write him in from now on, but currently there is nothing hinting at Odyn being important to the overall story at all. If anything i could see him being related to the sylvanasa/greymane storyline, seeing the stormheim story.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-26 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Odyn in his disguise constantly has two ravens with him, they are even called Hugin an Munin (spelled a little differently) and in the rogue class hall you find the story about those ravens and Odyn.

One thing that keeps bothering me is how Helya looks corrupted by N'zoth. She has tentacles like N'zoth and she is deeply connected to the sea. And she seems fleshy as if inflicted by the curse of flesh.

and in the beta he had a pet or something that was named after his 8 legged horse. but that was removed. so what major storyline was cut there?
    theres also a mickey mouse in the game, the lost vikings, hundreds of other things, all easter eggs. there is nothing to indicated this is different.

Odyn raid was planned last minute, because nighthold was delayed last minute. Karazhan wasn't (there is a raven on karazhan in the announcement trailer). theres a short story about khadgar claiming the power of guardian but rejecting it.

The only thing Odyn has going for him is that he is this expansions titanic watcher, and thus would presumably be better then us at using the pillars. I mean they could ofcourse write him in from now on, but currently there is nothing hinting at Odyn being important to the overall story at all. If anything i could see him being related to the sylvanasa/greymane storyline, seeing the stormheim story.
    is there a source for the bolded?

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing that keeps bothering me is how Helya looks corrupted by N'zoth. She has tentacles like N'zoth and she is deeply connected to the sea. And she seems fleshy as if inflicted by the curse of flesh.
    not every hentai is connected to N'zoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely she's like Ursala from Little Mermaid, Helya has Squid like anatomy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The Old Gods are all kind of into the tentacle thing. And regarding the fact that Loken was already well under Yoggi's thumb when he talked Helya into the plot against Odyn, she probably fell to Old God corruption completely after going through with it. And if we take into account that she already had a 'free will' before that, something which comes to Titan creations only with the curse of flesh, she may have been cursed even before Loken contacted her. Afterwards maybe N'zoth took over, because of the whole ocean-thing she had going on.

But actually I think she and Loken may have inadvertently saved Odyn. Maybe his strange fit of Ego-mania was a sign for a beginning corruption and all that saved him was the fact that he was out of reach, after Loken and Helya banished him.