Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I regret every thread and post I ever made back in Cata-MoP era where I said "It sure would be cool if Illidan came back to WoW". This writing is something else.

Players' characters did nothing wrong when they prevented Illidan's perverted machinations over Outland. Just because he had a legit intention, it doesn't mean everyone around him will let him shit on them and do with them whatever he wants to while he is on his way to achieving that goal.

He took Outland for Black Rook Hold.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-09-25 at 03:04 AM.

I've defended some of the other Illidan stuff, but not this. Nothing we did involving Illidan requires redemption. First off, he was still doing a lot of horrible stuff, even if his endgame is good. Secondly, we had no idea of his true plans, because no one bothered to actually tell us. "I swear I was actually a hero trying to protect you, but I only tell you after you've foiled everything" is never a good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Are you people seriously bitching.

After kerrigan, Sylvanas, Illidan

You would think by now you would all get it in your head that Blizzard are BIG on the Anti-Heroes.

But newp all of you are goodie little paragons and cannot fathom being a dick and sweeping people aside to do what is nessesary. At least those controversal Anti-Heroes get shit done.
    But that's the thing, they're trying to take away what actually makes Illidan an anti-hero by saying "Oh, no, that wasn't morally wrong or anything, he did what was right! How dare you kill such a sunshine child!?".

Also, when did Illidan do, well, anything really? At least, compared to most other actual heroes, like Thrall and Malfurion?

I don't need to be redeemed, thanks. Illidan's death was entirely justified, and I don't feel even a tinge of remorse about it.

Kinda feel like going and killing him a few more times just to wash the taste of this wankery out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    At least those controversal Anti-Heroes get shit done.
    If by "getting shit done" you mean "jacking off on the roof of the black temple".
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2016-09-25 at 03:17 AM.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm actually starting to think they're setting up the Naaru to be more sinister than we've seen in the past. I mean, is Xe'ra really going on about the guy who repeatedly sacrificed oodles of his followers back in the War of the Ancients, among other things? Yes, a lot of what he's done is simply him being misunderstood or taking evil upon himself rather than forcing it on others, but he's still kill a lot of people to get to where he is. While I don't think that means we can't redeem him, I am wondering why we're the ones in need of redemption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does Xe'ra just ignore how Illidan didn't even make an attempt to discuss anything anyway? And just tried to kill us? And how he allowed the Broken to be treated? Or wait, how about that Illidan used to work for the Legion so we had no reason to trust him anyway, which goes back to yet again how he didn't even try to discuss anything to gain trust? I mean, Akama was right there with him and even said that Illidan was pretty much just as bad as Magtheridon.

This is an...extremely strange decision, to suddenly claim that we did it in hatred.
    illidian worked for the legion to double cross them, joining them to destroy the portal, then to get kiljaden off his back
    he never wanted to discuss with us as 1, he was known as the betrayer... do you think we would beleive him? and him telling us his plans would easily get back to the legion and they would murder him
    he tried to kill us cause idk we charged into his temple and tried to murder him?
    hes the top end boss, he cant control what happens to every single broken, once he was done his work he would give them back their temple
    we did it because we were fooled into killing him, and it wasent out hatred, it was the hatred of what we dont understand
    we hate the burning legion, we see them as the biggest evil... but really they are trying to save the universe... yes by destroying it... but who is truly the good guy? us for wanting to stay alive? or the burning legion for not wanting the universe to fall into darkness when azeroth awakens as a dark titan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I'm actually starting to think they're setting up the Naaru to be more sinister than we've seen in the past. I mean, is Xe'ra really going on about the guy who repeatedly sacrificed oodles of his followers back in the War of the Ancients, among other things? Yes, a lot of what he's done is simply him being misunderstood or taking evil upon himself rather than forcing it on others, but he's still kill a lot of people to get to where he is. While I don't think that means we can't redeem him, I am wondering why we're the ones in need of redemption.
    it would alos make sense for the warlock class hall

when you bring the heart into the class hall the inquisitor next to where you set it says this

Dreadscar Archivist says: Uh... mistress...
    Dreadscar Archivist says: Is this a prank? Am I being pranked? Very funny, mistress!
    Dreadscar Archivist says: This isn't a joke? B... But this is the heart of evil and darkness in the universe! Surely, you can't be serious!

what does it mean by the "heart of evil and darkness" its... lights heart... right? unless... it knows something we dont? how can this beacon of light called lights heart... be the heart of darkness and evil!?

it could mean the class hall itself, but it is just a floating rock in the twisting nether, where no where near where they would call the heart of evil or darkness in the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I regret every thread and post I ever made back in Cata-MoP era where I said "It sure would be cool if Illidan came back to WoW". This writing is something else.
    IKR?! All my years of protection and caring, only to become an enemy, instead of a hero. Fuck xe'ra man. This is why I can never become a SSJGSSJ! it's because of her.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    illidian worked for the legion to double cross them, joining them to destroy the portal, then to get kiljaden off his back
    he never wanted to discuss with us as 1, he was known as the betrayer... do you think we would beleive him? and him telling us his plans would easily get back to the legion and they would murder him
    he tried to kill us cause idk we charged into his temple and tried to murder him?
    hes the top end boss, he cant control what happens to every single broken, once he was done his work he would give them back their temple
    we did it because we were fooled into killing him, and it wasent out hatred, it was the hatred of what we dont understand
    we hate the burning legion, we see them as the biggest evil... but really they are trying to save the universe... yes by destroying it... but who is truly the good guy? us for wanting to stay alive? or the burning legion for not wanting the universe to fall into darkness when azeroth awakens as a dark titan?

- - - Updated - - -

it would alos make sense for the warlock class hall

when you bring the heart into the class hall the inquisitor next to where you set it says this

Dreadscar Archivist says: Uh... mistress...
    Dreadscar Archivist says: Is this a prank? Am I being pranked? Very funny, mistress!
    Dreadscar Archivist says: This isn't a joke? B... But this is the heart of evil and darkness in the universe! Surely, you can't be serious!

what does it mean by the "heart of evil and darkness" its... lights heart... right? unless... it knows something we dont? how can this beacon of light called lights heart... be the heart of darkness and evil!?

it could mean the class hall itself, but it is just a floating rock in the twisting nether, where no where near where they would call the heart of evil or darkness in the universe
    It might be referring to the Twisting Nether as the heart of evil and darkness. Or, as would be a twist, it could be the Light's Heart. Or maybe demons see it as evil and themselves as good...? /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    It might be referring to the Twisting Nether as the heart of evil and darkness. Or, as would be a twist, it could be the Light's Heart. Or maybe demons see it as evil and themselves as good...? /shrug
    well the twisting nether is not the heart of darkness and evil... the void is... and they know that, and they say "THE HEART" and.. well "lights heart" so im sure hes referring to it... but its just so weird... why would he call it darkness... even if they believe they are good, why would he call it darkness? its obvious its light

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Based on artifact research as far as i know.

I'm AK5 currently.

You will be scolded for being allied with people who killed him.

DH Version:
    xera doesn't sound like a dreadlord or manipulatlive demon at all!

That would be a helluva discovery. When you think about it, Velens statement at the end of the Lights Hope scenario was that he was 'Neither prophet nor pawn, not any longer'. Since the Exodar always had Oros staying in it exuding energy and his chimes and stuff, and since Velen always kind of went with what the Naaru said, is it possible that they've always had a bigger role in things, like being the 'real' leaders there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    So what is the right path? Dying to the first random eredar sorceress and letting the world burn, because "it's not the right the to do"? What follows is letting the legion win is the right thing to do. Do you believe that?

Everything else is pretty much true.
    it's pretty hard to believe that the light is ok with "any means necessary" to the point where it condemns paladins and priest, who it grants power and who act it's name, for killing a fel infused tyrant, yet calls said fel infused tyrant noble for "sacrificing everything" without remorse or pity.

like that altruis guy in the starting experience paints a pretty damning picture off illidan and his ilk, who apparently have no problem killing innocents for simply being an inconvenience, yet they are the noblest of all?

Quick bio on Illidan shows that this was after he helped them open the portal in the first place? So not sure how that justifies it.

People don't earn titles by reputation by being the opposite of the title.

And why would we go and tell the Legion what he was doing? They already knew he failed them, and they already knew where he was.

After you know, all his forces tried to kill us almost every single step of the way?

Not sure why he would give them back their temple if he was planning to make a Well of Eternity under the Temple. Pretty sure its safe to say that was a lie.

It's quite clearly the Burning Legion. You don't save anything by destroying everything, and it's been shown time and time again, that the lifeforms on Azeroth exceed even the Titan's expectations (Ex- Algalon's comments). What the Burning Legion is doing is picking the easiest path, and just doing that rather than actually trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick bio on Illidan shows that this was after he helped them open the portal in the first place? So not sure how that justifies it.

People don't earn titles by reputation by being the opposite of the title.

And why would we go and tell the Legion what he was doing? They already knew he failed them, and they already knew where he was.

After you know, all his forces tried to kill us almost every single step of the way?

Not sure why he would give them back their temple if he was planning to make a Well of Eternity under the Temple. Pretty sure its safe to say that was a lie.

It's quite clearly the Burning Legion. You don't save anything by destroying everything, and it's been shown time and time again, that the lifeforms on Azeroth exceed even the Titan's expectations (Ex- Algalon's comments). What the Burning Legion is doing is picking the easiest path, and just doing that rather than actually trying.
    uhhh he dident help open the portal for the legion >_> what portal did illidan help open...?
    if your talking about the well of eternity portal... that was azshara and her highborne... illidan was never part of that...

they dident know he was going to betray them, and he got the title because of his brother, and how he "joined the legion" during the war of the ancients, when he really joined them to destroy the portal "yeah the best idea when your going to backstab somone to go tell EVERYONE other then that person that your going to backstab them" as i hope you remember, kiljaden can read minds... illidan had to manipulate his mind to hide the fact he was not on the legions side from kiljaden during their face to face encounter

also maeiv was also called the betrayer by malfurion after she deceived him to get him to help chase down illidan

because if we knew, the legion would eventually get it out of one of us...

uhh what? the only reason we whent to the black temple was a attack force of BLOOD ELVES attacked shatrath... we dident even consider attacking it till then... maiev tried to get shatrath and the naaru there to try and help attack temple but they refused as they were causing no harm...

because he was going to destroy the burning legion with the base?

yes... but what are we, near grains of sand going to do to a dark titan, that if it births, we will die, and if it dies, we will die....

overall you seem to have a clouded sight on the lore...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-09-25 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    uhhh he dident help open the portal for the legion >_> what portal did illidan help open...?

they dident know he was going to betray them, and he got the title because of his brother, and how he "joined the legion" during the war of the ancients, when he really joined them to destroy the portal,
    uhh what? the only reason we whent to the black temple was a attack force of BLOOD ELVES attacked shatrath... we dident even consider attacking it till then... maiev tried to get shatrath and the naaru there to try and help attack temple but they refused as they were causing no harm...
    yes... but what are we, near grains of sand going to do to a dark titan, that if it births, we will die, and if it dies, we will die....
    didn't illidan deliver the dragon soul to mannoroth, the key item needed to make the portal work?

Does Xe'ra just ignore how Illidan didn't even make an attempt to discuss anything anyway? And just tried to kill us? And how he allowed the Broken to be treated? Or wait, how about that Illidan used to work for the Legion so we had no reason to trust him anyway, which goes back to yet again how he didn't even try to discuss anything to gain trust? I mean, Akama was right there with him and even said that Illidan was pretty much just as bad as Magtheridon.

This is an...extremely strange decision, to suddenly claim that we did it in hatred.
    Yes she does. Its a giant white wash of his character under the guise of "Oh well he was good all along."

if your talking about the well of eternity portal... that was azshara and her highborne... illidan was never part of that...
    "The satyr Xavius seized upon his doubts, exploiting his confusion to plant seeds of distrust into Illidan's mind, which made Illidan turn to seek the power the Burning Legion was using so he could become stronger. While, in his mind, this was to help defeat the Burning Legion, he actually helped them by giving Sargeras the Demon Soul to make the opening for the portal."
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Illidan_Stormrage

they dident know he was going to betray them, and he got the title because of his brother, and how he "joined the legion" during the war of the ancients, when he really joined them to destroy the portal,
    No, they knew he failed them though. Which is just as bad as a betrayal. Why else would he go building up his army if he wasn't afraid of them coming for him?

Also, yet again, directed back to the wiki
    "As Illidan rallied the forces of Outland under a new banner, a storm of fire and smoke descended upon the Black Temple, and Kil'jaeden appeared in all his unholy glory. Chastising Illidan for his foolhardy attempts to flee his wrath, Illidan quickly claimed that he had been gathering his forces for a second attack on the Frozen Throne. Kil'jaeden, seeing that Illidan's new comrades "showed some promise", agreed to give Illidan one more chance to appease the demons."

So, clearly Kil'jaeden already knew exactly where Illidan was.

He doesn't have to tell us the in depth plans. He just merely needed to, I don't know, not attack us. Tell us his enemy is the Burning Legion?

"According to the manual included with the Burning Crusade expansion, Illidan knows that Kil'jaeden has not forgotten of his failure to destroy the Frozen Throne. It says that he anticipates an offensive from the Legion and is "preparing accordingly." In the game it is revealed that one of the ways Illidan is preparing is by creating new fel orcs to fight for him, using the blood of the imprisoned Magtheridon. It says that he and his allies fight to ensure that all portals to Outland remain tightly sealed while he strengthens his power base. It also implies that the Horde and Alliance will want to use those portals because of Outland's strategic importance."

Which is a failure on Illidan's part. He should of noticed his second in command tried to attack us. Heck, maybe he could of shown up and killed Kael'thas himself as a display of good will.

overall you seem to have a clouded sight on the lore...
    If it births.

And I'm just reading right off the wiki. If it's actually incorrect, feel free to correct me. But it doesn't appear to be the only one saying Illidan helped open the portal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    didn't illidan deliver the dragon soul to mannoroth, the key item needed to make the portal work?
    was changed awhile ago, i think back in cataclysm? as orignally there was alot of loop holes

- - - Updated - - -

"The satyr Xavius seized upon his doubts, exploiting his confusion to plant seeds of distrust into Illidan's mind, which made Illidan turn to seek the power the Burning Legion was using so he could become stronger. While, in his mind, this was to help defeat the Burning Legion, he actually helped them by giving Sargeras the Demon Soul to make the opening for the portal."
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Illidan_Stormrage

No, they knew he failed them though. Which is just as bad as a betrayal. Why else would he go building up his army if he wasn't afraid of them coming for him?

Also, yet again, directed back to the wiki
    "As Illidan rallied the forces of Outland under a new banner, a storm of fire and smoke descended upon the Black Temple, and Kil'jaeden appeared in all his unholy glory. Chastising Illidan for his foolhardy attempts to flee his wrath, Illidan quickly claimed that he had been gathering his forces for a second attack on the Frozen Throne. Kil'jaeden, seeing that Illidan's new comrades "showed some promise", agreed to give Illidan one more chance to appease the demons."

So, clearly Kil'jaeden already knew exactly where Illidan was.

He doesn't have to tell us the in depth plans. He just merely needed to, I don't know, not attack us. Tell us his enemy is the Burning Legion?

"According to the manual included with the Burning Crusade expansion, Illidan knows that Kil'jaeden has not forgotten of his failure to destroy the Frozen Throne. It says that he anticipates an offensive from the Legion and is "preparing accordingly." In the game it is revealed that one of the ways Illidan is preparing is by creating new fel orcs to fight for him, using the blood of the imprisoned Magtheridon. It says that he and his allies fight to ensure that all portals to Outland remain tightly sealed while he strengthens his power base. It also implies that the Horde and Alliance will want to use those portals because of Outland's strategic importance."

Which is a failure on Illidan's part. He should of noticed his second in command tried to attack us. Heck, maybe he could of shown up and killed Kael'thas himself as a display of good will.

If it births.

And I'm just reading right off the wiki. If it's actually incorrect, feel free to correct me. But it doesn't appear to be the only one saying Illidan helped open the portal.
    that was changed in cataclysm as it had alot of loop holes

again i dident say they dident know where he was, they dident know his plan the whole time was to destroy them...

he never attacked us, please show me where he "atttacked us unprovoked" that is anything other then the blood elves who attacked us
    also again if he told us "hey im gunna kill the burning legion" there ya go millions of people now know, and illidan doesent know if they will tell kiljaden or not, the only person he can trust is himself

him and kalethas had stopped talking for MONTHS illidan dident know of the attack until months had passed and we attacked him...

also yes wowiki is abit out of date, they have little to nothing from the recent 2 novels on there
    and they dont like to go back and change stuff ,they only like to add stuff

also even from the old stuff

"While, in his mind, this was to help defeat the Burning Legion" when talking about taking the demon soul, so even in the orignal story he dident do it to join the legion, he did it to defeat them
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-09-25 at 04:17 AM.

Lol, you people on MMO-Champion are the pinnacle of cringe. Regardless of what the story is, you losers will always hate it.

If there's a mod here, can you perma-ban me so I never have to write anything on these cesspool forums again?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-09-25 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Received Infraction