Poll: Give everyone a legendary!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    I disagree on what I am paying for. I paying essentially paying for a game. Because of this, it doesn't seem like to big of a stretch to want access to ALL of the gameplay features it has included.
    You do have access to all of it. Your subscription gives you access to the servers, which grants you access to the content. If you don't have the time or don't want to put them time in to see/get said content then that is on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone agree here?
    Some will. I won't.

By the way the thread asks if they should be available to everyone, not if everyone should get one. It's fine to have them available. Available is not the same as a guarantee.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree on what I am paying for. I paying essentially paying for a game. Because of this, it doesn't seem like to big of a stretch to want access to ALL of the gameplay features it has included.
    By that logic you can say that you are entitled to Glad Mounts, Mythic raid gear, etc. You're a whiner.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    i totally feel with the op. once i bought a chessboard, but there were only one queen each side. shouldnt i get at least two? i paid for it!

Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    I don't agree with your 'I'm paying for this!' argument but I do dislike the legendary system, a LOT. It is an extremely unfair system atm, and it is nothing like we were promised it would be, such as the ability to target certain ones so even if you get unlucky when you get one it'll not be garbage, and of course in beta legendaries were MUCH MUCH more common.

By your reasoning, you should start with BIS in every slot? I don't get it. Nothing in the game is inaccessible without a legendary, at least not so far, and you'll probably have one or more by 7.1

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Your first thought is probably no, but hear me out here. As you know, Legendaries are one of the main features of Legion. Legion, being an expansion is a product by Blizzard. So shouldn't paying for a product automatically give me access to the entirety of it? I mean, you don't pay for a car and are immediately told "Here are the keys! You'll have access to the actual car in 2 years."

I shouldn't have to devote hundreds of hours trying to access a feature of a thing I am PAYING for. Yes, I sound entitled because I am a customer here. It doesn't sound crazy to want access to all of the gameplay elements I am paying for. Does anyone agree here?
    If everyone has legendaries they won't feel legendary, they might aswell be epics that drop on a regular basis, I don't see the big appeal of "I have Ashbringer that I upgrade gradually overtime" as that not only hurts PvPing It's dreadfully boring, only the 3 major Traits In each artifact are any good. The rest are like "5 % Increase to Slam damage" referring to warrior of course, the Strom'ka weapon for Arms. (Btw where's my Gorehowl Instead? It vanished In Pandaria where Garrosh left It, It's a weapon Imbued with the might of Gronn, think how powerful that could be with more hearts of Gronn or others)

The Talent Tree for the Legendaries Is a glorified and dumbed down version of the old school Vanila/tbc/wrath talent tree but less Interesting and less choice, and you'll eventually get all the traits. Ofcourse the very last one, will be costing so many million AP It won't be worth to grind that... unless for an Achievement but still, and not to mention Alts with these weapons. The grind man, there has to be catch-up mechanics put In place, like for the Ring Quest In WoD.

I don't care about them being available to everyone, what fucking annoys me is when people like a guildy of mine who only logs in once in a blue moon gets one from his emissary box when the rest of us who have been grinding world quests and mythic/heroic dungeons until blue in the face have not had so much as a sniff at one.

Inb4 the random is random maymay, it's wrong and you all know it.

They already are.

My bet is that the final reward of the balance of power questline is one legendary of your choice, follow my logic here:

1 - balance of power is pretty much the replacement for legendary questlines from previous expansions;
    2 - we all know one of the final rewards of this questline is one artifact appearance;
    3 - all the artifact appearances, except the hidden appearances, are side rewards from something else, and probably this one is no exception;
    4 - if the final reward of balance of power was some completely new item, someone would have datamined that item by now.

So yeah, it would be pretty cool and rewarding to choose one of those legendaries, and you would have at least worked a bit for it, instead of only having it sent to your mailbox.

By your logic you should just get any and all the things you want right off the bat. Why not get upset that you don't have your Nighthold tier gear yet too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    With the current system people without a legendary are already excluded from endgame content, simply because they didn't have any luck.
    Anyone who gets exluded from current endgame based on the fact that they havent gotten a legendary yet just dodged a bullet from playing with morons.
    Current endgame is not balanced around people with legendaries, future content is however and by that time most people should have at least one.

I have been hearing that the bad luck protection hasn't even been activated yet. Even then, how they are handling these things is wrong and immoral to consumers.

I am not only paying to access the game servers. I am paying for the entire expansion which means I am paying for the content it offers. By your logic, you could apply this to Dark Souls for example. You would only be paying for access to their multiplayer servers, not the game and its content.
    Here is your problem. You are wrong. What you think you are paying for and what Blizzard states you are paying for are two different things. Except you agreed to Terms of Service stating that Blizzard decides what you are paying for. Basically you may go to get a car, think you are entitled to a Mercedes, but you are only paying for a Buick. You are getting the Buick, no matter how much you may think you are paying for the Benz

Why are shitposts like this allowed on this forum?

You do have access to all the gameplay features, but just like in nearly every other game you need to do something to reach certain parts of the game(want to see the ending of Deus Ex? Better play through the game). That said, the Legion loot system is a joke anyway, so why not just give everybody every item.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

They are available to everyone. You just have to be lucky enough to get one.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing "legendary" about them. they ar OP RNG drops which were exploited to high hell the first 3 weeks due to an Acti-Blizz "make -up RNG bug..

I'm not salty but they should just make them a gold purchased vender item.

7+ Year Old Account
    We still have access to Legendaries from Vanilla, so technically everyone could get one of those. I am not bothered by the modification of the achieval system. Cloaks in MoP. Rings in WoD. Very happy I am not personally bothered by the gear others achieve in the game.

Deleted
    Well I think they should either tune down the very powerful legendaries. There are some that heavily impact balance and a spec as a whole.
    Or they should make the good ones being available for hard work or skill.

Btw I haven't seen someone get a legendary in quite a while. I am in a guild with over 100 people so that is very unusual. We've had 6 or 7 in the first two weeks of LEGION, but ever since then no legendaries. 7 Legendaries on 6 different people.

If you set up a subscription for a comic book you don't automatically get every book that's ever been made or will be made, you have to wait and be patient, but I guess that's a foreign concept for some entitled lazy millennials