15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Well I am currently going with Gebuz's recommended stat weights using pawn. Last night's normal alt raid I ran every boss with INC/SS/NB and ranked pretty well in my (836-838) ilvl bracket so I guess I'm doing something right.
    Yea I ranked pretty high in normal EN too! I was surprised.

Well I am currently going with Gebuz's recommended stat weights using pawn. Last night's normal alt raid I ran every boss with INC/SS/NB and ranked pretty well in my (836-838) ilvl bracket so I guess I'm doing something right.
    You should be running BotA instead of SS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Mmm I figured after reading this thread a bit. Will give it a go next time.

I swapped specs a few times during raid this week (normal EN) and didn't really notice much difference between BotA and SS. SS seemed a little better when I was able to multi dot...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    I swapped specs a few times during raid this week (normal EN) and didn't really notice much difference between BotA and SS. SS seemed a little better when I was able to multi dot...
    Given the amount of movement needed on these fights, SS could overcome BotA.

Does no one use Blessing of An'she?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Does no one use Blessing of An'she?
    Unless we get a fight where we spend large amounts of time sitting on our thumbs waiting for stuff to happen, but that at the same time don't really support AC, there isn't much point in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trouble with that ilv bracket is serious boomkins are already 850+ which means the people you're parsing against likely aren't very good at the game. The fact you read this thread proves you have a thirst for knowledge which already should put you above 90% of other boomkins out there.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Can I see your armory?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Kesek/simple

if its me you were asking then there it is

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen today some disturbing videos in which mages(fire) and hunters(BM) were pulling some crazy numbers in both ST and MT.
    Granted, they were much better players than me, and certainly with better gear.
    But I think the... 'mechanics' or the way the classes/skills work together makes the biggest difference in damage output; the way they can chain skills or the way one skill follows another, if you know what I mean.
    Skill / trait synergy, not sure what to name it.
    Sorry if it's hard to read, English is not my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I have seen today some disturbing videos in which mages(fire) and hunters(BM) were pulling some crazy numbers in both ST and MT.
    Granted, they were much better players than me, and certainly with better gear.
    But I think the... 'mechanics' or the way the classes/skills work together makes the biggest difference in damage output; the way they can chain skills or the way one skill follows another, if you know what I mean.
    Skill / trait synergy, not sure what to name it.
    Sorry if it's hard to read, English is not my first language.
    Moonkin have outdated design, copypasted 3 builders + copypasted 3 dots with pointlessly annoying aoe mechanic. Design failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Moonkin have outdated design, copypasted 3 builders + copypasted 3 dots with pointlessly annoying aoe mechanic. Design failure.
    Failure is a bit of a strong word - but Balance just doesn't compare mechanically to Fire Mages, that much is true.

Fire Mages have exceptionally strong single-target, AoE, and priority-target because of how Ignite works. If you have one target you train ST damage into it and build a huge ignite, if you have multiple targets you mass-AoE and build many moderate ignites, if you have priority-target you mix ST/AoE and get one large ignite (which spreads to the lower priority targets) and smaller ignites on less important targets.

No matter what a Fire Mage is doing in their rotation, it's feeding more damage into the core mechanic that is ignite. Not only is this well designed because it's thematically appropriate, but because no matter what the Fire Mage is doing they're always fishing for crits to get Hot Streak procs and build bigger ignites. The core goal of the spec never changes. The power comes from the fact that Ignite grows bigger the more time you spend casting at a given mob, so while your damage scales non-linearly with number of targets, it's also smoother transitions.

Moonkin is very simple build/dump style by comparison, and having vastly different primary sources of damage between our ST/PT/AoE rotations (SS/LS/SW vs. MF/SF/StF) ends up in a jerkier transition in strength between fight archetypes. One of my critiques during development was that AsP wasn't rewarding enough to spend, and the build/dump cycle didn't serve to push you through the rotation very well, but we all know how feedback during alpha went.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say SS is a pretty good talent overall. I've tried out BotA, as well as simming myself, but many of the fights in EN have multidotting capabilities. Remember, SS also does some (meagre) damage, as well as giving the Astral Power. Definitely the two single-target fights (Nythendra, Ursoc) may well be better than BotA, but for the rest there are plenty of opportunities to maximise your benefit from SS.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2016-09-26 at 04:45 AM.

I have had no problems in Mythic+. With+8 done I took starfall as my last talent and was competitive with other classes one aoe packs and even for single target I was not left behind unless the rogue got good rolls. Thats with the legendary ring though so I am able to pop it on most trash pulls and a 896 weapon too.

I have had no problems in Mythic+. With+8 done I took starfall as my last talent and was competitive with other classes one aoe packs and even for single target I was not left behind unless the rogue got good rolls. Thats with the legendary ring though so I am able to pop it on most trash pulls and a 896 weapon too.
    Congrats on the ring and the sick weapon upgrades. However we shouldn't be balanced around having that imo. We'll see after the Tuesday buffs what's going down

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Kesek/simple

if its me you were asking then there it is
    Holy shit, did you really get 5 pieces of Mythic + gear, 4 of them being warforged or titanforged IN THE FIRST WEEK?!

I can't even get into a PUG to save my life, jesus wtb some of that luck.

Deleted
    I was wondering, is it worth it to use starfall on 2 targets when playing with Stellar Flare ?

Am I the only one thats not enjoying Balance as much now?

The way to build up Starfall, dot everything before using Starfall, lack of utility, the Empowerment system and lack of procs?

I've always wanted to play a Balance, I love the fantasy behind it, I love the spells and effects, but how it works it just bugging me :/
    Currently maining Mage but I'm planning on switching later on in the expansion, will be between Balance or Elemental.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Am I the only one thats not enjoying Balance as much now?

The way to build up Starfall, dot everything before using Starfall, lack of utility, the Empowerment system and lack of procs?

I've always wanted to play a Balance, I love the fantasy behind it, I love the spells and effects, but how it works it just bugging me :/
    Currently maining Mage but I'm planning on switching later on in the expansion, will be between Balance or Elemental.
    I would play literally anything else if AP wasn't so disgusting a progression impediment. If I could play a Fire Mage I 100% would.

Curious to know what the most up to date stat weights are.

Google isn't really helping. This is what I currently have
    Int: 1
    Crit: 0.9
    Haste: 1.1
    Mastery: 0.7
    Versatility: 0.8