Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Most fly babies are deluded enough to believe everyone is on their side. I'm just a reminder they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/zkS4hVY.jpg
    My reaction to this thread multiple times a day.

My reaction to this thread multiple times a day.
    Actually its more like our reaction every time you come here acting immature, trying to offend people who love flying in WoW by calling os fly babies. While you clearly are the real cry baby.

Most fly babies are deluded enough to believe everyone is on their side. I'm just a reminder they're wrong.
    Most pro-flyers just dont understand why someone would want to take part of the game away from them, when it wouldn't affect them at all.

Now with shared mining/etc nodes there's absolutely no problem with restricting yourself to ground mounts if that is how you enjoy the game better. Those that want to fly can fly, those that do not can use their ground mounts. How is that not the option that makes more sense - make everyone happy?

To put it in perspective I don't raid anymore. I don't enjoy raiding, being glued to my chair for hours upon hours and having to schedule my time around a video game. However, I would never suggest raiding be removed from the game because *I* don't enjoy it...or suggest that everyone should just get their gear from heroics and world quests because that's how *I* do it so it must be the best way. No, no...I just go ahead and do my own thing and ignore raiding, and those that want to enjoy it can.

Flying could work the same way. Nothing stopping the anti-flying folks from ground mounting the entire expansion long. Have it it! Now that resource nodes aren't shared, there's really no issue anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    there's really no issue anymore.
    The issue is not nodes,PvP or anything.
    Despite the DEVs swearing on the contrary, they want us to waste more time by adding trash, getting lost, being restricted to slow speeds, having to obey the terrain.

It's as simple as that. I'm usually spending 2-3 minutes on travel per world quest. Doing 15, that's already 25mins+ they slow me down, compared to having the ability to fly there directly and landing next to the mobs/objectives I actually need.
    If you only have an hour or 1.5 hours to play on a given evening that really starts to take the fun out of the game.

Don't fall for the PR bullshit. Look at Legion. It is designed to eat as much of your time as it can while having you do pointless and menial things like travel.

Also: LOL at Blizzards hypocrisy when it comes to the whistle.
    A flying mount which NPCs use all the friggin time "breaks immersion" but some instant teleport black/load screen does not?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    A flying mount which NPCs use all the friggin time "breaks immersion" but some instant teleport black/load screen does not?
    Pretty much this. If you stop taking for granted that what Blizzard says is true, and you instead look at it objectively and critically, you then start to see how the game is actually set up.

If people are having fun with that setup, great! Fine! But that doesn't give them the right to tell other people that they're full of shit when a spade gets called a spade.

Just hit revered with the wardens, got my diplomat achieve, so I completely stopped doing WQs that are not giving upgrades (daily 1 WQ, maybe) or HUGE amount of AP/OR/Rep (daily 3-4 + the emissary). No way I will mazerun in Higmountain for 50-75 rep when I need 21.000 as the last push. NOPE. And I consider myself as a huge achieve whore who wants to work for goals. I mean I farmed out WoD pristine archeology on foot. Yet the current game makes me go /whatever. This feeling kinda sucks.
    10k WQ achieve: hahahaha hahaha pfhhh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No way I will mazerun in Higmountain for 50-75 rep when I need 21.000 as the last push.
    Meeh just do the emissary ones when they are up. You will get to exalted in time (assuming you play actively anyway).

Deleted
    Wait a moment - I have to finish some Emerald Nightmare quests to finish the Suramaritan achievement, which is required for Pathfinder I.

You know, wie got legendary items in MoP and WoD for that kind of time investment.

This is way out of balance.

I don't know how relevant this is, but it's added information. The two threads that I created back before 6.1 on the No-Flying subject both capped out at 24 pages with over 1000 positive upvotes on each of the first posts by me. Both ended up being deleted. The level of traffic in No-Flying threads back when the protesting was at its hottest was significant enough to require multiple threads, since they kept capping out.

Not so much right now, but people have had time to get used to the idea, and are currently distracted by new content, or have simply let their subscription lapse. We'll see what happens if we run into another content drought.
    I believe the key part of your statement is the bolded one. A question though: By content drought, you mean the year-long one that is almost certain to come in the mid of Xpack shelf life?

Then why are YOU here?
    I got the feeling you know this answer to your own question... :P

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Wait a moment - I have to finish some Emerald Nightmare quests to finish the Suramaritan achievement, which is required for Pathfinder I.

You know, wie got legendary items in MoP and WoD for that kind of time investment.

This is way out of balance.
    You have to down Xavius if I remember correctly and then you have to finish a series of quests related to downing Xavius and become exalted with the Nightfallen.

Apparently players are starting to learn of this and they are not happy lol.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749255959
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-09-25 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    I believe the key part of your statement is the bolded one. A question though: By content drought, you mean the year-long one that is almost certain to come in the mid of Xpack shelf life?
    I suspect that the amount of critical thinking about issues in the game(not just no-flying) increases directly with the amount of time between content releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No way I will mazerun in Higmountain
    Main brain went into weird mode and read that as: "No way I will run in Mazemountain."

Freaking EPIC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The issue is not nodes,PvP or anything.
    Despite the DEVs swearing on the contrary, they want us to waste more time by adding trash, getting lost, being restricted to slow speeds, having to obey the terrain.

It's as simple as that. I'm usually spending 2-3 minutes on travel per world quest. Doing 15, that's already 25mins+ they slow me down, compared to having the ability to fly there directly and landing next to the mobs/objectives I actually need.
    If you only have an hour or 1.5 hours to play on a given evening that really starts to take the fun out of the game.

Don't fall for the PR bullshit. Look at Legion. It is designed to eat as much of your time as it can while having you do pointless and menial things like travel.

And the world is designed in such a way to slow you down as much as possible. Some zones are better than others. Truth is highmountain and stormheim would be much more enjoya le with flyng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People said the same thing with Avianna;s feather in the first few months of WoD where they didn't miss flight. But that changed quickly, because Aviannas and flight whistle are both gimmicks.

Flight whistle only ports you to the AFK flight paths which at some point players will realize is a huge time waster. Do the math and realize what is being lost per game session and it will surprise many players.
    God that flight whistle is a fucking life saver. I mean it undermines every single developers argument about restricting flying but who cares. Some genious figured out how asanine the constant running around was and added a thing to circumvent alot of it. I guess clicking the whistle and watching a loadinf screen is better gameplay then flying? Whatever

7+ Year Old Account
    I am glad they mentioned flight will be coming to the expac, but not necessarily available at launch. I am certainly in favor of flight, and use it whenever I am out in the world. I was likely one of the first to get the Draenor Pathfinder, and the same will be said for Legion. What's nice about Legion is the landscape. Nothing is outrageous or impassible like we had in Spires of Arak, or a zone that took forever to cross, like Shadowmoon. I will enjoy flight when it arrives, but in the mean time, I am using other items like the slowfall kite, my goblin glider engineered into my cloak, and the grappling hook in Stormheim.

In MoP, and even WoD, some zones were just incredibly huge and had wall to wall mobs. About 1/4 of the mobs I have encountered on the Broken Isles have been Neutral, and only attack me if I hit them, or the creature they are with. The big issue with most zones are the twisting and winding paths that take you completely out of the way in WoD. In Legion, there is one path on Highmountain that I can think of that is completely way out of the way, and I found it by falling off the mountain, rezzing, and running over a wooden bridge. Honestly, I've not had that much fun since hopping over hills in TBC.

I get that people love their flying mounts, and agree that flight has brought an incredibly empowering aspect to the game, but as long as the lack of flight is only for a patch or two, I really have no concerns. MoP and WoD content was neither interesting nor engaging for me. With Legion, I don't have that issue. Each zone has a unique and interactive storyline. I was so excited, I've already located all of the treasures, explored the zones, and completed the bonus objectives, all of which contribute to my pathfinder achieve. Now, I just need to grind a little rep in 7.1 and up into the air I will go. I'm very thankful they listened during WoD and allowed Flight Paths to use our personal mounts. I may not control the reigns, but at least it is not the same old gryphon.

oh no, so this battle begins once again. this is sorta why i quit draenor before i even hit 100...

I wonder what it feels like swallowing your own words, i.e. the people who claimed ground mounts would bring back millions of players, same way they claimed pandaren were wanted by millions of players (lowest played race since mid-panda expansion).

Oh-oh-oh, I wonder what they'll come up with next..."murlocs were an asked for race since Diablo 1".

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    God that flight whistle is a fucking life saver. I mean it undermines every single developers argument about restricting flying but who cares. Some genious figured out how asanine the constant running around was and added a thing to circumvent alot of it. I guess clicking the whistle and watching a loadinf screen is better gameplay then flying? Whatever
    I used it on beta after every single world quest I did for my order hall campaign. It felt stupid and immersion breaking every single time I used it, not that there was much immersion left with a winged mount that can't fly. It was preferable to using a ground mount to get back to the FP since I hate using ground mounts, but it still felt stupid and unnatural unlike flying which felt like a natural ability to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I used it on beta after every single world quest I did for my order hall campaign. It felt stupid and immersion breaking every single time I used it, not that there was much immersion left with a winged mount that can't fly. It was preferable to using a ground mount to get back to the FP since I hate using ground mounts, but it still felt stupid and unnatural unlike flying which felt like a natural ability to me.
    This is why MMOs that are designed ports from the ground up make sure that they are located a various location for leveling. Legion's flight whistle is siimply a port to AFK flight path which is worse than actually teleport system.

Legion is an example of cutting corners like WoD and using time gating to the extreme. This is why gating flying seems to be part of the time gating excess, but I don't see players tolerating extreme costs for herbs and ores because of no flying as raiding continues the next few months.

This is why MMOs that are designed ports from the ground up make sure that they are located a various location for leveling. Legion's flight whistle is siimply a port to AFK flight path which is worse than actually teleport system.
    Yes, yes it is. I'll never understand the logic or argument behind teleports being immersion breaking because I find them completely the opposite. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing more immersion breaking than having my gameplay artificially paused by a poor transit system.

You have to down Xavius if I remember correctly and then you have to finish a series of quests related to downing Xavius and become exalted with the Nightfallen.

Apparently players are starting to learn of this and they are not happy lol.
    Ridiculous. Things like gating flying behind raiding really make me feel like the devs who didn't want to bring flying back are trying their damnest to stick it to the people who want it. This along with the rep grinds have absolutely nothing to do with whatever vision they had of a no-flying game experience.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Killing xavius in lfr is not a barrier to entry for anyone. And before someone says 'you need xx Ilvl to enter the raid' - which is obtainable from world quests and heroics only with time (not even needing mythics) yea, and you have most of the expansion to get it.

/end of that discussion, pls continue to whine about more compelling things.