CIG just added multi-factor authentication finally
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Niiiiiiiice,

CIG just added multi-factor authentication finally
    I'm pretty sure that's been in for a while, but they're trying to push it harder due to some recent account security problems that people have had. All without the authenticator.

You sure? I was checking like a few weeks ago out of curiosity and I didn't have any options
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You sure? I was checking like a few weeks ago out of curiosity and I didn't have any options
    It's been in there since the middle of June, so it's been available for a while but not all that long.

Deleted
    this is from a fairly reliable source that got most predictions right , lets put it here and see how many bullets are true after citizencon

hello

no 3.0 this year (duh), release date is now "after [a significant portion of] SQ42 is released"
    ship sales will continue
    there's yet another new studio involved (most likely contractors/outside dev pool) for planet artwork/maps
    "The Squadron 42 [Prelude] has to hit its [Q1 2017] goal. No more excuses." unsure who, just listed as "top exec"
    a lot of mocap issues with translating them directly into the game, mostly due to character and players size (?? not sure what this means)
    "Expect a lot of cutscenes."
    mocapped characters are fine stationary (sitting, standing, etc) but currently anything involving complex animation makes the models freak out, mostly clipping and clothes problems (still)
    certain characters have several (reported up to six!) different models, as certain scenes had to use entirely different models for the same character due to model size, lod and poor mocap translation
    specific reshoots using stand ins for A list actors are ongoing, mostly animation, actions and poses (still occurring as of q3 2016)
    FPS AI still murders everything through walls, doors, whatever
    certain departments continue to pump out work at an incredible rate while others snail behind, causing back up and necessary "refactoring" when certain elements do not work or had scope change
    heads of department told to "turtle" and avoid outside influences (?? wtf)
    they can't get the intricate damage model to work in SP/MP at all yet, ships continue to randomly jumble themselves to death

citcon

crunch time continues for all studios, many people are working seven days a week for the citcon showing
    companion app with $ to ingame currency purchases, chat, etc (design phase only, citcon slide)
    new A list cutscene, wrapped shooting july 2016 (majority of overtime is spent working on this)
    touting multiple SQ42 endings on one citcon slide, also says it directly affects SC world/player character
    FPS purchasable classes still a thing and one of the major things they are revealing
    SQ42 prelude still listed as march 2017
    ^ "no way we'll hit that deadline" ^
    Roberts: 2.6 should be playable at Citcon
    nothing playable at this time, live streams still using 2.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    this is from a fairly reliable source that got most predictions right , lets put it here and see how many bullets are true after citizencon
    You mean the same "reliable" source as all of your previous posts? Or the same source as the last one of these from last year that was 90% wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    You mean the same "reliable" source as all of your previous posts? Or the same source as the last one of these from last year that was 90% wrong?
    It's not DS this time but pretty close. Its a Something Awful poster. I'm not sure id call that reliable but we'll see what the situation looks like by the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It's not DS this time but pretty close. Its a Something Awful poster. I'm not sure id call that reliable but we'll see what the situation looks like by the end of the year.
    I mean, half of it is generic info with obviously biased opinions tagged to it. Otherwise anything that is SQ42 related is speculation. CIG has kept such a tight lip on that, I'm truly impressed by it.

Very long article taking a look at some of the issues that Star Citizen has faced, includes statements from former employees (in various states of disgruntlement,) current employees (generally optimistic) and Chris Roberts himself.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/i...f-star-citizen

Logged back on for the new PU update. Uh... why do I have an AEGS Sabre and a CNOU Mustang Delta as my ship options? I've only paid for my Origin 315p.. Was there a giveaway to backers that I can't find on Google? Or are they free alternative test ships on the PU?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind! Apparently they are free trial ships as voted by the community on a weekly basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Very long article taking a look at some of the issues that Star Citizen has faced, includes statements from former employees (in various states of disgruntlement,) current employees (generally optimistic) and Chris Roberts himself.

the comments on this above are gold

add this one to , PC Gamer : http://www.pcgamer.com/eight-month-i...d-development/

few more:

http://www.gamesradar.com/5-ways-sta...-a-good-thing/

http://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen...mer-devs-drama

guys, please continue to "pledge" and save gaming from evil publishers. the game is almost complete, one last push! disclaimer: there is a chance Roberts will want something new, impossible and shiny and game will be delayed for 2030.
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-09-25 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Really enjoyed reading that, a very well written piece.

It's nice getting a view of how these things occur, warts and all. Gotta say though, Roberts sounds like a right arse to work for.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imperialnews.network/2016/09/...art-of-kotaku/

A good analysis of the kotaku article minus the trash comments that usually plague anything Star Citizen related on the internet, similar to EvcRo and his typical bile.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Really enjoyed reading that, a very well written piece.

It's nice getting a view of how these things occur, warts and all. Gotta say though, Roberts sounds like a right arse to work for.
    At least it tries to be unbiased, but it is fairly critical of Chris Roberts because it is his project and he wants the game made to a certain level of quality. If people feel overworked, they aren't being forced to stay with the company. The best leaders and creators over the course of history were not all nice people, in fact, histories biggest visionaries have mostly been assholes or egomaniacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    At least it tries to be unbiased, but it is fairly critical of Chris Roberts because it is his project and he wants the game made to a certain level of quality. If people feel overworked, they aren't being forced to stay with the company. The best leaders and creators over the course of history were not all nice people, in fact, histories biggest visionaries have mostly been assholes or egomaniacs.
    i rather have chris roberts be the asshole and push everyone to their limits and beyond to create what has thought could not be done than some complacent, lazy director that would make a trash game.

like you said, employees can leave at any time, but they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    i rather have chris roberts be the asshole and push everyone to their limits and beyond to create what has thought could not be done than some complacent, lazy director that would make a trash game.

like you said, employees can leave at any time, but they are not.
    I'd rather not have him spend tens of thousands of backer money to have animated space ship doors in his offices.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'd rather not have him spend tens of thousands of backer money to have animated space ship doors in his offices.
    You mean the plywood door that cost less than $100?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Honestly, the way that article reads Erin Roberts seems to be the man that should get credit for actually pulling shit together in a disorganized mess. It seems like it were heading for a disaster before that restructuring and them bringing the crytek guys on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Honestly, the way that article reads Erin Roberts seems to be the man that should get credit for actually pulling shit together in a disorganized mess. It seems like it were heading for a disaster before that restructuring and them bringing the crytek guys on.
    The frankfurt team is just amazing. I honestly think they saved the game.