Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"World quests" r just Continental...

On broken shores...

Artifact quest-lines however were truly world quests. Do people want more visit old zones?

Even proffesions, heck even off-world!
    I lol at all the herbalists who didn't use Titan way-gate in Scolazar Basin to get to Ungoro Crater

Deleted
    I would love it. World Quests on every single Zone WoW has. Just make it scale up to the max level, and it would be lots of content.

But, this would be fun, and we all know how Blizz feels about us having fun playing their game . Never gonna happen, as awesome it might be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they say if the long term feedback is good, this is something they might add in a future patch/expansion. They just want to make sure players aren't gonna hate it after a couple of months.(probably also waiting to see how flying impacts it)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's not hard to implement new world quests based on leveling content from older zones. Imagine emissary from lets said Deepholm that gives Therazane rep + AP + chance from Legendary + maybe chance for transmog piece from Cata or some mount. That emissary could last few days and change once-twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    On broken shores...

Artifact quest-lines however were truly world quests. Do people want more visit old zones?

Even proffesions, heck even off-world!
    I lol at all the herbalists who didn't use Titan way-gate in Scolazar Basin to get to Ungoro Crater
    It isn't called a "World Quest" because it uses the entire world. It's called a World Quest because it takes palce in the open world for everyone equally, instead of it being a quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think it's not hard to implement new world quests based on leveling content from older zones. Imagine emissary from lets said Deepholm that gives Therazane rep + AP + chance from Legendary + maybe chance for transmog piece from Cata or some mount. That emissary could last few days and change once-twice a week.
    It probably is hard though. They'd have to redesign the mobs to scale with level, balance the mobs. Take into account the fact that we can fly there, add phasing and sharding to make sure we don't ruin low lvl players' day etc... There's probably a lot more things I didn't even mention that they need to do before it'll work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Would thematically barely make any sense, would be completely stupid for Blizzard design-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't rule out Blizzard making exactly this in an upcoming patch. Demons are invading all of Azeroth, after all. The question is if they should throw in some new factions as well or expand the lore of some old factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Real world quest would be a game savior.
    LFG Wanted: Kim Jong-un

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't see the fun and awesomeness here. You mean I would have to go and now kill 10 pigs, 10 scorpids and 10 harpies (that are all lv 110 outside the gates of Orgrimmar) in a "Defend Durotar" quest that rewards 400 AP?

Yeah, I now so glad that the hero of countless x-pacs suddenly has to struggle now in the old world. I suppose flying is also disabled during those quests in those zones with a special zone buff that is called "Muhahahaha, you still like this?"
    Why so salty? What is the problem with having world quest in all zones at some point? Those could work as bonus objectives even on lower levels. I mean, no one is forcing you to do them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You guys are killing me, thanks
    I really don't agree with the downsides here. How would it thematically not make sense. Say the boar population is getting out of hand, bam world quest. Say a boar mutated thanks to fel influence, bam wardens wq. It would make the world feel more alive and evolving, instead of static. Hell you could even just make legion invasions a short and small WQ. If we fight the oldgods next expansion, a town can go crazy thanks to old god influence. Bam, worldquest. Thematically there are SO many angles that make sense.

Besides, if you dislike actually going back to vanilla wow zones, then don't. Currently ~80% of worldquests is skippable anyway, its not launch anymore.

Deleted
    It's a system that works, and will probably be applied to future content in some fashion.

However I would be surprised if they just wholesale slathered worldquests onto the entirety of WoW's gameworld. They'd rather we stick around in the new hotness where they are focusing their attention and have up-to-date assets already to play around with.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind seeing some once-per-week, or even once-per-month world quests in the old world areas and even in the places of the expansions, as long as they somehow fit the lore.

However, having world quests all over the place constantly wouldn't be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    It's a system that works, and will probably be applied to future content in some fashion.

However I would be surprised if they just wholesale slathered worldquests onto the entirety of WoW's gameworld. They'd rather we stick around in the new hotness where they are focusing their attention and have up-to-date assets already to play around with.
    World Quest could be additional level content. It could help to improve reputation with various factions out in the world. It could give transmog items which normally only drop in dungeons (say, in Westfall you could get Deadmines items, in Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes you could get stuff from the various Blackrock Mountain dungeons). It could be used to show how some things since Cataclysm have changed. Maybe there are still some Kor'kron hiding in the Barrens which assaulted Crossroads.

I mean, if Blizzard REALLY wants us to only do current content, cap the world quest level at the previous expansion and slowly open it up over the course. So if we assume that would currently be the case, then Broken Shore Worldquests would be level 110 max and all other world quests would be 100 max. And maybe in 1 1/2 years, Blizzard would remove the cap in the old world and would also make that max level content.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It isn't called a "World Quest" because it uses the entire world. It's called a World Quest because it takes palce in the open world for everyone equally, instead of it being a quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

It probably is hard though. They'd have to redesign the mobs to scale with level, balance the mobs. Take into account the fact that we can fly there, add phasing and sharding to make sure we don't ruin low lvl players' day etc... There's probably a lot more things I didn't even mention that they need to do before it'll work.
    They already have all those things in place, tested and functional. Seige of Org build-up comes to mind as a good example.

Yeah, I can see the fun to take 10minutes to go somewhere for a single mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    They already have all those things in place, tested and functional. Seige of Org build-up comes to mind as a good example.
    There's a bit of a disconnect between what you see in the game and how you think the game functions, and what's actually written in the source code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd love to do world quests to level up in pre legion zones. But at max level I think that would create a little -too-much to do.

Hopefully if/when blizzard adds world quests to the old world they make it lucrative experience-wise.

I actually think Blizz wants to go this way. The scaling technology is still fairly new, so hasn't been implemented world-wide yet. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see it by 8.0

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind world quests to be in the world, but as I recall (no, I have no link, was at BlizzCon I think) they said they wanted to try it out first.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason Blizz named the quests in Broken Isles as "World Quests" is the same reason why americans say that the champion of the american basebol league is a "world champion" when only american teams participate ofcourse