Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The current "normal" was also added because old Normal was steadily climbing in difficulty since WOTLK. People who raided in WOTLK started hitting brick walls in later raids, as normals were approaching closer to heroic was previously.

Like... Heart of Fear normal was significantly tougher than a lot of stuff in ICC normal. And... DS normal was pretty faceroll for the most part.

Horridon normal broke a lot of guilds.

The bleeding edge players play at such a higher level than the rest of the playerbase, keeping things hard for them and then having normal be challenging to those not quite there, left out a lot of the playerbase that used to be doing fine until the difficulty creep.

Also, the stated intention was so that more social level guilds could get everyone involved in their raiding rather than benching people when it got too tough for them.

And Flex raid size came with it which is great.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...flexible_raid/

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    The current "normal" was also added because old Normal was steadily climbing in difficulty since WOTLK. People who raided in WOTLK started hitting brick walls in later raids, as normals were approaching closer to heroic was previously.

Like... Heart of Fear normal was significantly tougher than a lot of stuff in ICC normal. And... DS normal was pretty faceroll for the most part.

Horridon normal broke a lot of guilds.

The bleeding edge players play at such a higher level than the rest of the playerbase, keeping things hard for them and then having normal be challenging to those not quite there, left out a lot of the playerbase that used to be doing fine until the difficulty creep.

Also, the stated intention was so that more social level guilds could get everyone involved in their raiding rather than benching people when it got too tough for them.

And Flex raid size came with it which is great.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...flexible_raid/
    Blizzard basically expects all players to have become significantly improved over the years. Even something like Mimiron, which was one of the more technical fights of Wrath, would be considered a joke in the current game, nevermind things like Marrowgar, Gunship, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    Except its not. Now my guild is forcing me to also do normals to funnel gear to our mains. And dont tell me to find another guild, ive been with this guild for 2-3 years, its just we dont have the same mindsets regarding this. I fucking have half my gear crafted to 850 just to avoid sleep inducing normal modes.
    Wish I had your first world Problems. Dang.

you cannot consider yourself a snobby elitist progression raider if you do not see the value of an additional source of gear upgrades, especially with titanforge in existence nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    LFR is for players with no general interest in raiding but who want to see the story/environment (it gives strong gear as a carrot on a stick to keep them coming back for the best return on investment). Normal is for social/friends-and-family guilds and Group Finder pugs, effectively filling the role 10-man raiding did in WotLK and, earlier, Karazhan in BC and Stratholme/Scholomance/Blackrock Spire did in Vanilla.
    And we all know that this isnt truth. People use LFR as source of free loot for doing nohing. LFR was never used by players to see content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    And we all know that this isnt truth. People use LFR as source of free loot for doing nohing. LFR was never used by players to see content.
    Correction. Some* people use LFR for free loot and AFK through it. The rest of us carry you while you lot turn your noses up and complain about being too good for it (yet somehow find yourselves stuck in there time and again, even with Normal out).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    OP shouldn't be talking smack unless he isn't in a mythic progression guild with all content cleared with no issues at all.

Normal I consider a good place to learn the fights. Punishes you if you are failing, but can prepare you for heroic difficulty.

Who makes threads like this? Must need a confidence boost or something with such a condescending post.

It's for more casual raiders, and a stepping stone/gearing option for Heroic-focused guilds. It definitely has its place, and is without a doubt the most popular difficulty save for LFR.

I see no reason to remove it, the current paradigm seems fine. LFR for people who want to see the story/do quests without the hassle of needing a premade group, Normal for more casual raiders who nevertheless like organized groups, Heroic for semi-hardcore players looking for a decent challenge, Mythc for the cutting edge who look to progress. It seems Blizzard nailed the different difficulties, Heroic being noticeable harder than Normal and sometimes having more mechanics too.

Some people want to get rid of LFR and Mythics, others of Normal and Heroic. Why don't we just get rid of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Some people want to get rid of LFR and Mythics, others of Normal and Heroic. Why don't we just get rid of all of them.
    I second that motion. Otherwise the masturbatory display of elitism in this thread will require me to wear rubber boots.
    How does another - optional - difficulty setting hurt you guys exactly?

I think normal serves its purpose but LFR is the thing that doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I second that motion. Otherwise the masturbatory display of elitism in this thread will require me to wear rubber boots.
    How does another - optional - difficulty setting hurt you guys exactly?
    It doesn't hurt me I just think its stupid that this mode even exists. You don't have to do anything you don't have to put in any work at all and you can kill every boss in the expansion. I'm all for normal being easy and an easy way for people to see the bosses but LFR is just a shell of the game and doesn't exactly entice people to want more. Warcraft is a game not just a ride where you sit back and watch.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a choice, we are forced to do it. AND every guild whos worth a damn does it. Please make a list of top 100 mythic guilds who doesnt do split raids. Oh you cant, because everyone does. Mythic raids are tuned with heroic/normal gear in mind, any less than that you are just banging your head in a wall. Split raids does not make mythic raiding easy, it just makes it doable faster, it will still be hard.

I wish funneling runs, or split raids does not exist. But blizz is making it possible and its there. And in order to be a competitive guild you have to do it.
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime? There are many non-progression mythic raid teams out there. You are doing progression, as per usual, suck it up and just do what you have to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It doesn't hurt me I just think its stupid that this mode even exists. You don't have to do anything you don't have to put in any work at all and you can kill every boss in the expansion. I'm all for normal being easy and an easy way for people to see the bosses but LFR is just a shell of the game and doesn't exactly entice people to want more. Warcraft is a game not just a ride where you sit back and watch.
    I don't understand how people still don't understand, because it's basically been said by Blizzard for the last 6 years. LFR is there for two reasons, the first is so everyone has the option to see the content no matter their skill level. The second is because not everyone has the time to dedicate to a raiding schedule, or even join a pug, because let's face it people making pugs tend to be asshats about bringing in players that aren't already outgearing the content/difficulty level.

The four difficulty level system works just like it supposed to. The large majority of the playerbase will see these beautiful raids/fights, which developers want. Meanwhile, a player has options to decide how much time/effort they are willing to invest in this game. Myself personally, during WoD I did LFR up until HFC where I joined a guild and cleared Heroic, and while I'm sad I missed out on non-lfr content prior to HFC, I just didn't have the time to devote to doing anything other than LFR. This expansion, I found a guild who's goal is just to clear Heroic content. There will likely be no attempts on mythic content, and because of this the attendance is pretty relaxed as well. This is perfect for me because I can invest the amount of time I want, and still have some semblance of clearing content.

LFR is the one that needs to go. LFR and normal makes no sense, they're both the same thing except ones 5% harder than another and you can't queue it , yay?
    Too many difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime? There are many non-progression mythic raid teams out there. You are doing progression, as per usual, suck it up and just do what you have to do.
    I am doing it now and i am sucking it up? I love the compeition, I like being in a progression guild. Im just saying i wish blizz did not make this split raids on lower difficulty possible.

IMO normal does what LFR originally set out to do. (I actually remember some devs saying that back when Flex was originally introduced. Easier, less time commitment, more flexible, casual friendly, schedule friendly) LFR shouldn't be in the game anymore with the current state of normal, but I do realize it will never happen. People are too used to being able to see all content with having no personal responsibility/accountability and putting forth close to zero skill/effort in raids.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2016-09-25 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Its not a choice, we are forced to do it. AND every guild whos worth a damn does it. Please make a list of top 100 mythic guilds who doesnt do split raids. Oh you cant, because everyone does. Mythic raids are tuned with heroic/normal gear in mind, any less than that you are just banging your head in a wall. Split raids does not make mythic raiding easy, it just makes it doable faster, it will still be hard.

I wish funneling runs, or split raids does not exist. But blizz is making it possible and its there. And in order to be a competitive guild you have to do it.
    And who exacrtly is "forcing" you to be in a competitive world top 100 mythic guild, especially if it seems like you are not enjoying yourself while doing so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    All we need are two modes, Story and Challenge.
    Story is a solo LFR with NPCs (think the event at the end of Hyjal with Cenarius), and Challenge starts out at Normal difficulty and ramps up to Mythic.
    Story gives cosmetic items, Challenge gives items of ONE set iLevel, and you have to kill all the bosses to be able to complete the set.
    There. No need for fucking around with four different difficulty settings and all the iLevel inflation that brings.
    If "Story Mode" gave cosmetic items, they would -- by virtue of time investment -- need to be different than the ones dropped on "Challenge Mode". Thereby "requiring" "Challenge Mode" Players to think they should have to do both -- and complaining about that --. Also Your idea is the same as the game currently is, you just renamed LFR. In fact, reading your idea beyond the first sentence, you list Story Mode, Challenge Mode, Heroic (unlisted but implied), and Mythic.

..... so this is a non-idea, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    And who exacrtly is "forcing" you to be in a competitive world top 100 mythic guild, especially if it seems like you are not enjoying yourself while doing so?
    People are allowed to love what they do and still complain about specific aspects of it. I never understood this mindset that if you dislike one aspect of something you enjoy you should just enjoy. Not just this post but a common reply to complaint posts is "quit wow if you don't like it".

Probably why divorce rates are so high.

Normal is a convenient way to get a look at the fights I suppose. I haven't had as much time for raiding as I'd like this first week, but did the first boss on H and N. Pretty stark difference lol. On H we actually wiped a few times till we got everyone to execute properly. On N we wasted more time getting everyone situated than it took to one-shot the boss. Had to leave group after that, but hearing from friends that the other bosses weren't much harder on N.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"