Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It isn't called a "World Quest" because it uses the entire world. It's called a World Quest because it takes palce in the open world for everyone equally, instead of it being a quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

It probably is hard though. They'd have to redesign the mobs to scale with level, balance the mobs. Take into account the fact that we can fly there, add phasing and sharding to make sure we don't ruin low lvl players' day etc... There's probably a lot more things I didn't even mention that they need to do before it'll work.
    It's not hard, it's exactly why they improved upon the garrison tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    On broken shores...

Artifact quest-lines however were truly world quests. Do people want more visit old zones?
    It would be nice, but it would require the "scaling" like the Broken Shores because otherwise, people would run those instead due to the level differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    World Quest could be additional level content. It could help to improve reputation with various factions out in the world. It could give transmog items which normally only drop in dungeons (say, in Westfall you could get Deadmines items, in Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes you could get stuff from the various Blackrock Mountain dungeons). It could be used to show how some things since Cataclysm have changed. Maybe there are still some Kor'kron hiding in the Barrens which assaulted Crossroads.

I mean, if Blizzard REALLY wants us to only do current content, cap the world quest level at the previous expansion and slowly open it up over the course. So if we assume that would currently be the case, then Broken Shore Worldquests would be level 110 max and all other world quests would be 100 max. And maybe in 1 1/2 years, Blizzard would remove the cap in the old world and would also make that max level content.
    Normal quests and dailies already give you xp, currency and loot.

There's no reason for this to happen atm, except for maybe a couple of zones (like Deadwind Pass) where the story is connected to the current xpac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't they say if the long term feedback is good, this is something they might add in a future patch/expansion. They just want to make sure players aren't gonna hate it after a couple of months.(probably also waiting to see how flying impacts it)
    That depends a lot on how alt-friendly things like rep grinding are going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather them just re-activate invasions, as those were IMO perfect content. I say perfect because practically any level could participate, the rewards were decent but not 'gamebreaking' and they were amazing exp for alts.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    That depends a lot on how alt-friendly things like rep grinding are going to be.
    And that is why I said months, if they went by the week-1 impressions where everyone loved it it would've been a failure for sure(everywhere you go on Azeroth/Draenor/Outland you just do WQ and everything is max level), while if they wait to see the response when the hype has settled, they will get a much better response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd rather them just re-activate invasions, as those were IMO perfect content. I say perfect because practically any level could participate, the rewards were decent but not 'gamebreaking' and they were amazing exp for alts.

Would be great if they added it to the weekly events cycle, (maybe 1 or 2 zones active each day or something)

Deleted
    I'd love to see world quests in entire world.

But in this case world means questing in open world rather than... wait, we can quest elsewhere, not in WoW world? So yep, name doesn't make much sense. But its just a name. Just like titanforged doesn't mean it was actually forged by titans.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You guys are killing me, thanks
    You're just a permanent cynic, you've spent so long on this forum that you have almost 25k posts, maybe stop to think for a second that you have an extremely warped view of the game before proffering your vaunted opinion.
    Call me Cassandra

Yeah I would be fun to do world quests in Outland for example because you dont really have any other reasons to go there

I'd actually love it.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed being taken back to older expacs to progress in this story, I find that revisiting zones for the sake of revisiting them is just spending development time on areas no one truly feels the urge to return to. If I had a choice, I would rather have them add flight to Exodar and Silvermoon rather than scale Zul-Drak up to lvl 110 for a single random quest, or even a daily hub. There are more useful ways to directionally develop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    You're just a permanent cynic, you've spent so long on this forum that you have almost 25k posts, maybe stop to think for a second that you have an extremely warped view of the game before proffering your vaunted opinion.
    God damn this is so fucking ironic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    I really don't agree with the downsides here. How would it thematically not make sense. Say the boar population is getting out of hand, bam world quest. Say a boar mutated thanks to fel influence, bam wardens wq. It would make the world feel more alive and evolving, instead of static. Hell you could even just make legion invasions a short and small WQ. If we fight the oldgods next expansion, a town can go crazy thanks to old god influence. Bam, worldquest. Thematically there are SO many angles that make sense.

Besides, if you dislike actually going back to vanilla wow zones, then don't. Currently ~80% of worldquests is skippable anyway, its not launch anymore.
    Really? The boars that we were killing at level 5 have suddenly become so powerful that it takes an 110 to take them out makes sense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Real world quest would be a game savior.
    You would find something else to bitch about instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Be kinda cool, if a random weekly small invasion popped up somewhere, like Mulgore and the Highmountain tauren send you there to assist
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs