Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    Read the story, He was using it as a teaching aid. For.... Teaching young minds.
    Public schools aren't interested in teaching controversial subjects or teachers being really dramatic in the classroom. Yes it's boring and yes it sucks but that is how it is. He could've found another way to teach the first amendment.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-09-25 at 09:28 AM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Why find another way when there is nothing wrong with the one he used?
    Because ANY real demonstration of First Amendment clauses is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Why find another way when there is nothing wrong with the one he used?
    Because flag burning is offensive to many people.

not illegal to stomp on a flag, though i wouldnt because i love my flag and my country (like an annoying older brother). teacher should get a stern talking to from the superintendent, the student should get detention for having their phone out during class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    You American's really fucking love your flag don't you.
    we love what it represents and who has stood for it, yes. the flag is about honoring your dead and those who have come before and sacrificed. legion fun time...

Some of those men and women sacrificed everything, WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN?!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    Read the story, He was using it as a teaching aid. For.... Teaching young minds.
    thats fine but he should realize americans take flag burning or desecration very seriously. its not something you do even to prove a point. the school can fire his ass if they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    its fine that he has the freedom to stomp on a flag, but not in a classroom where hes supposed to be educating young minds.

So what..."young minds" aren't supposed to be educated about the freedom of speech and what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    So what..."young minds" aren't supposed to be educated about the freedom of speech and what it means?
    he can but that doesnt mean people wont post anything that he says or does online, if they find it offensive. teachers have to be very careful not to make controversial statements like the above or they can end up in a lot of trouble. back before cameras were everywhere he might have better luck with his freedom agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats fine but he should realize americans take flag burning or desecration very seriously. its not something you do even to prove a point. the school can fire his ass if they want to.
    Right...freedom of speech only so long as you do nothing your fellow americans disapprove of.

You do realize that under those conditions, it's no longer freedom of speech, right? And the teacher has not violated any rules, thus he cannot be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

he can but that doesnt mean people wont post anything that he says or does online, if they find it offensive. teachers have to be very careful not to make controversial statements like the above or they can end up in a lot of trouble. back before cameras were everywhere he might have better luck with his freedom agenda.
    Wrong, the school DOES have rules about phone and camera use, and posting imagery of someone without their approval IS in fact illegal.

So, in short: The teacher is in the right, the student however is not. Case closed.

Right...freedom of speech only so long as you do nothing your fellow americans disapprove of.

You do realize that under those conditions, it's no longer freedom of speech, right? And the teacher has not violated any rules, thus he cannot be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, the school DOES have rules about phone and camera use, and posting imagery of someone without their approval IS in fact illegal.

So, in short: The teacher is in the right, the student however is not. Case closed.
    well the guys black so he can always sue for racism by default, but anyway
    he seems like a well educated man, although some say he took it too far when he stomped on the flag. i fully support his right to do so but hes not free from consequences as its been said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to wonder if you people would be defending this guy if he used another example of free speech, like racist comments.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Let's be honest, he only did it to stir things up.

Now he get's his due reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    It's cute that you're trying to be condescending, and I would also make my replies to you easier but I don't have nearly enough crayons to draw you a picture because even simple folk would have understood by now.

You and your ilk do not define nor have a monopoly on the definition of what a SJW is or when a person is acting like a SJW or not at your leisure when it suits your agenda.

The student absolutely did get the teacher punished no matter what cockamamie gymnastics you jump through to claim he didn't. If I saw a colleague or attending doing rounds while drunk, recorded him, and then took it to the medical inquiry board and didn't say a word, it doesn't take a genius to figure out my intent is to get him punished for doing something unethical and something I disagree with.

But please do go on trying to act obtuse, since as I stated before you're being deliberately disingenuous. That being said there is no point arguing with a broken record so I'm going to bow out.

Have a good weekend mate.
    I will. You too.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Got to wonder if you people would be defending this guy if he used another example of free speech, like racist comments.
    Wrong example; hate speech is not covered by free speech clauses of First Amendment. But flag stomping is covered.

Funny. Teacher stomps on the flag, which is perfectly fine to do: freedom of speech.

Kid is also free to take the picture and post it on facebook: freedom of the press.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Im sorry but how is running to the principal not both aggressive, emotional and demanding opposing view to be silenced and punished? And how is this kid not demanding special considerations and privileges because he gets triggered when someone stomps on a piece of cloth? And SJW do not per definition incite violence, they might on occasion but does not have to be there.

This kid got overly emotional about a piece of cloth being stomped on, he ran to the principal and somehow got the guy in trouble. Even though it is not illegal what he did in any way, he did not make a political statement as some like to claim. The only thing this teacher was doing is demonstrating what Americans supposedly hold in high regard, freedom of speech.

IMHO the only thing that should have happened here is this kid getting an F for history.
    I've not seen anything reported saying he demanded the teacher be punished. I did see it reported he took the flag to the principle's office so that it could be "properly taken care of." Taking offence is not throwing a fit no matter how much you people want it to be. This kid did two things and two things only. He made public what his teacher was doing in the classroom, and took a flag to the principle's office. Neither of these reflect the childish temper tantrums we make fun of the SJWs for throwing. Two things are not the same simply because you want them to be.

Oh, and before you try the "you don't own the definition" argument my buddy AssBandit tried to mic drop on, don't. When you're trying draw comparisons to something your opposition is describing they do in fact set the criteria as to what it was they were describing.

Here is how this argument progressed.

MMO Libs: He's just a conservative SJW! Ha Ha!

Me: Ummm no, he's not exhibited those behaviors which are x,y,z. He did a and b.

1st Liberal Argument: a and b are the same as x,y and z.

Me: That is just incorrect, as they are not the same thing.

2nd Liberal Argument: Well he only did a and b, but he was really intending to do x,y and z.

Me: That is speculation, as there has been no reporting to corroborate that.

3rd Liberal Argument: You're biased!

Me: That's a. Irrelevant, and b. a wash because so are you.

4th Liberal Argument: You don't own the definition of a SJW!

Me: Seeing as this entire discussion has been about drawing a comparison to something I'm describing in the first place, within this discussion, I do.

You guys just need to get off this SJW track and find a way to vocally disagree with this kid without comparing him to something he clearly isn't

Just because he didn't break any laws doesn't mean he can't be fired. Teachers aren't in a position to be making controversial statements. They can be fired on a whim by the school board and all it takes is a group of pissed off parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Because flag burning is offensive to many people.
    I find people being offended by flag burning to be offensive. Do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Hate speech is not an example of free speech. *yawn* Neeeeext argument!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    You do not have the right to not be offended.
    And you do not have the right not to be criticized for what other people consider a stupid protest.

Your prior post is one of the funniest things I've seen being pushed, and holds no real weight so long as Colin is still getting paid for being both mediocre and being a slacktivist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It would seem it was actually the teacher that failed to take the lesson to heart. The student did nothing more than exercise freedom of speech that the teacher disagreed with.
    Oh god, this entire situation is so paradoxical and strange.

The teacher was exercising his freedom of speech by doing what he did, and so was the student.

I don't agree with this "oh but freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence." as it's too often used to be a dickwad, but a lot of people going "omg he was just using his freedom of speech.", I normally see using that very logic, which "puzzles" (not really) me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And you do not have the right not to be criticized for what other people consider a stupid protest.
    Being placed on administrative leave is not being criticized...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I've not seen anything reported saying he demanded the teacher be punished. I did see it reported he took the flag to the principle's office so that it could be "properly taken care of." Taking offence is not throwing a fit no matter how much you people want it to be. This kid did two things and two things only. He made public what his teacher was doing in the classroom, and took a flag to the principle's office. Neither of these reflect the childish temper tantrums we make fun of the SJWs for throwing. Two things are not the same simply because you want them to be.

Oh, and before you try the "you don't own the definition" argument my buddy AssBandit tried to mic drop on, don't. When you're trying draw comparisons to something your opposition is describing they do in fact set the criteria as to what it was they were describing.

Here is how this argument progressed.

MMO Libs: He's just a conservative SJW! Ha Ha!

Me: Ummm no, he's not exhibited those behaviors which are x,y,z. He did a and b.

1st Liberal Argument: a and b are the same as x,y and z.

Me: That is just incorrect, as they are not the same thing.

2nd Liberal Argument: Well he only did a and b, but he was really intending to do x,y and z.

Me: That is speculation, as there has been no reporting to corroborate that.

3rd Liberal Argument: You're biased!

Me: That's a. Irrelevant, and b. a wash because so are you.

4th Liberal Argument: You don't own the definition of a SJW!

Me: Seeing as this entire discussion has been about drawing a comparison to something I'm describing in the first place, within this discussion, I do.

You guys just need to get off this SJW track and find a way to vocally disagree with this kid without comparing him to something he clearly isn't
    You like making stuff up, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.