Thread: 895 from WQ's

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The chance to get bigger ilvl is directly related to your current ilvl. If you go WQ with 880 ilvl theres a tiny chance to get an 895. Less so if you go with 830.
    i would belive it if ive seen even 1 wq with base 850 itlv - so far with 853 i see only 840 as highest base

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The chance to get bigger ilvl is directly related to your current ilvl. If you go WQ with 880 ilvl theres a tiny chance to get an 895. Less so if you go with 830.
    Depends on wether at 880 WQ's base scales past the 830/835 you have starting at iLvL 830 (and at least up to 850). If not, the chance for someone with 880, and someone with 830 to get titanforge up to 895 is the same (and by the way, you could be 895 and still wouldn't see more 895 items).

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The effort/reward balance is just gone it seems.

Do all weekly Mythic dungeons, very likely get a small 845 upgrade.
    Catch some squirrels and get a very small chance to get a 895 item.
    Open a lootbox from daily WQ and maybe, if you're very lucky get a legendary.

I rate this game 895/10.
    Just because you deem WQs as silly/easy/unworthy, doesn't mean they don't require "effort" or "dedication".

Sure it's easier content, but I guarantee you it will require a lot more effort and dedication (ie time actually put into doing said activity) to get to 850ilvl (as an example) through WQs exclusively, than through mythic dungeons or raiding exclusively.

Someone who does only WQs will have nice gear.
    Someone who does only instanced content will have better gear.
    Someone who does raiding, mythic plus and WQs will have the best gear.

The effort/reward balance is there: Harder content has higher baseline and higher chance on upgrades. You just don't seem to be able to see it because you can't seem to get over the fact that someone doing easier content can get a good piece of gear, ignoring the fact that while someone who does WQs only might have 1 or 2 895 items (And yet something like 850 or less average ilvl), a mythic raider for instance will fairly quickly have most of their gear 880+.

This is an MMORPG, not a raiding/dungeon tournament. Not saying it can't be balanced better, but it's a great thing that most activities are rewarding and don't get rendered "useless" simply because you do harder content that gives nice gear.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-09-25 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Go to PUG, die on the pull on a few bosses and see what happens next.
    I know what happens next. You get free epics from the rest of the raid carrying your ass and gifting them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Also - no one gets carried, that's raid after all. Some people are going to be better, some are going to be worse.
    Yes. Some people are going to be better, some people are going to be worse, and a few are going to be completely useless and die on the boss, after which they'll be given epics that they deserve less than if they collected a few squirrels and kicked a few nuts in a world quest. And there'll much more of those people, than people who happen to win the RNG lottery and roll a titanforged 895.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Can we rename this thread "entitled casuals vs shocked raiders"? The only people defending this are the ones that put very little effort into raiding.
    To repeat myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I hope to GOD they don't listen to whiners about this.

The world quests HAVE to be rewarding and they have to STAY rewarding for EVERYONE of EVERY play style. They've been about the biggest boon in the history of the game so far in getting people out and active into the world, and I want it to stay that way.

Who even cares about gear? That's the REAL reward from these existing, and if you kill that you can go to hell for ruining what should be a major part of an MMO, the world, in a game where the world has effectively been unimportant in almost a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 895 cloak and also have a legendary, it pumped my ilvl up quite abit so atleast I'll be able to get into raids/dungeons easier despite all my other pieces of gear being shite.

Can we rename this thread "entitled casuals vs shocked raiders"? The only people defending this are the ones that put very little effort into raiding.
    You're making it sound like raiders can't get the same 895 Titanforged items from World Quests. Anyone who puts effort into raiding will gladly accept World Quest rewards throwing them a bone every now and then. There's no reason to complain that casual players might also get the same kind of luck. They're not trying to steal your raid spot, they're not competing against you for progression... They're in no way a threat to you, high item level doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Is that really necessary? I mean it feels like epics are a bit whatever nowadays...

Shouldn't there be a cap on WQ's gear? and its titanforge, that is way bellow heroic raiding even I'd say...

For those that don't know : https://i.imgur.com/dTPgGfT.jpg?1 dropped from a WQ. I don't care how low the chance is really, its just degrading.

Same goes for dungeons... I feel the need to run dungeons but again, i have gotten better gear from WQ's myself than mythic+ before... its just not right, thats how it feels.
    How often do you honestly think that you are going to get a 895 item from WQ's? One also with the stats you actually want....back to you Jim...

Would be nice to get something decent, i end up just getting resources or gold

The people that put actual effort in raiding dont care how other people get their gear. It's only the insecure raiders that care about their e-peen that are crying about the different ways people can get their gear.

It's not like WQ will always drop 895 gear, its rare as fuck not even talking about the item having the right stats. By the time the person that does just WQs has an average ilvl 895 the good raiders will be progressing trough mythic nighthold. And thats only with extreme luck. Most people will be between 840 and 860 with just doing WQs by that time.

But while you're crying other people like me are having fun progressing trough EN or seeing their character improve trough other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    The people that put actual effort in raiding dont care how other people get their gear. It's only the insecure raiders that care about their e-peen that are crying about the different ways people can get their gear.
    I'd have to agree with this. Any serious top end raider doesn't really care about gear, only about the progress. They especially don't care about the gear of others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    What do youNy s care? Im sure that 895 will still be garbage without any set bonuses..
    T19 Set Bonus isn't that strong, and so far there are no class trinkets. Having 895 BiS with optimal Stats > mediocre 875 Tier.

IMHO being able to progress outside of Raiding is not even the problem, or what's grinding my gears. It is that you can get BiS for doing mundane easy as shit World Quests. Make it hard to get Gear, not just clicking some nuts. God damnit.

1. How does this affect you in any way?

2. This ultra rare drop just made someones day/week.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    wow 895. I have never seen someone get that lucky on a worldquest. I think my highest was 850?

That must've been a very rare sight.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Is that really necessary?.
    Sure terribad plebs need their ilvls. They likely tagged the mob extra hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Considering youll still get better trinkets in raids that would leave a REMOTE possibility that some offset piece will come from a world quest. Boo fucking hoo. Its about time other content in this game rewarded too.
    Not sure what you're saying here, are you implying the only non-set pieces from raids are trinkets? You're not really this much of a noob, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    To repeat myself:
    So to the entitled casual post you quoted - is Mythic Warforged ilvl gear the only gear that's rewarding?

I got a reward of 870 trinket. Not sure how it procced that way. Also from the chest reward (faction reward), ive gotten 2 legendary so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You're making it sound like raiders can't get the same 895 Titanforged items from World Quests. Anyone who puts effort into raiding will gladly accept World Quest rewards throwing them a bone every now and then. There's no reason to complain that casual players might also get the same kind of luck. They're not trying to steal your raid spot, they're not competing against you for progression... They're in no way a threat to you, high item level doesn't change that.
    A lot of people raid for gear. It's kind of the reason why gear doesn't work like in GW2. Getting gear from the easiest content in the game that matches the hardest content in the game cheapens the hardest content in the game. Not rocket science.

We all knew this system was going to cause the raiders a lot of butthurt. Just lean back, relax and eat some popcorn while they rage.

Deleted
    The odds of getting a 895 piece with BIS stats is low enough to make this an non-issue.