As Davesignal said, the AMR simulator is updated. However, we have some rotation adjustments to make better use of some things after the changes. That will be launching later today I think.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

At least they are communicating with the community this time. It's not fun sitting in the dark with Blizzard.

Hopefully they revert at least Void Torrent change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    At least they are communicating with the community this time. It's not fun sitting in the dark with Blizzard.

Hopefully they revert at least Void Torrent change.
    And give us a better reason to want to get over 50 stacks of voidform

Deleted
    Uhm, what's the point of Void Torrent now design-wise? I thought the whole reason for its existence was to get more out of Void Form and keep stacking for a while longer when it's about to run out. Now it's just another skill that can only be used in Void Form, like Void Bolt.

Heck, it's basically the same thing now with different coating. One is instant an gives you additional Insanity, one is channeled and stops the drain... meaning it gives you additional Insanity.

I hope they revert the VT change at least. Dispersion getting changed is OK imo, it's weird to have it as an offensive ability.

also I'd love some buffs to LotV/Mind Spike since mass histeria is getting nerfed as well

I just wish they'd follow through on their claims of wanting talents to be equal. Buff LotV to match s2m so we can actually have a real "choice" like they claim to want.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltr View Post
    I just wish they'd follow through on their claims of wanting talents to be equal. Buff LotV to match s2m so we can actually have a real "choice" like they claim to want.
    They can do nerfs 1 week before mythic, but I seriously doubt they can change class mechanics 1 week before mythic. All we can really really achieve is revert VTor nerf.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

THey need Legecy of the Void to increase the insanity cap to 130 (real math needs to be done), but still toggable at 100 Insanity. That will make the talent way better, while still keeping the core of the idea behind the talent

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    They can do nerfs 1 week before mythic, but I seriously doubt they can change class mechanics 1 week before mythic. All we can really really achieve is revert VTor nerf.
    LotV now increases Void Torrent damage by x%.

Something like that would be a simple fix without screwing with our priority or mechanics much. I'm sure there are other better ideas that could be done though but it's not impossible to come up with something

Deleted
    So I've been doing 7/7 normal and 2/7 heroic with 6-7 guildies and a handful of pugs. My gear is not the greatest at 845 item lvl, but I've got a lot of haste gear with mostly crit on, and I just recently passed the 100k artifact power (5% more vampiric tough damage).

The thing is that the rogue and demon hunter in my guild pretty consistently did 15-25% higher dps than me, and I think they are probably sitting on 7-10 higher item lvl and probably some more artifact traits. Is it supposed to be like this or am I doing some wrong? I think they were also using pots, which could contribute to a big difference.

My biggest issue (or rather area to improve on) right now is that surrender to madness is so hard to get right. Not only does it require great encounter knowledge (which I until this week had none of), but I also have to counter in player deaths, player cooldowns, boss movement (out of range) etc. It really sucked dying at 5% boss health because 3 random pug dps died from the same ability after I had used surrender to madness.

This is not even considering that there is basically no environment ouside of raids to practice in. This week was actually the first time using Surrender to Madness outside of a few dungeons (its not even great there, and so far I had to play holy in mythics). I did not play in the pre-patch of Legion (farming WoD raids), and I have yet to find an execute dummy (does that even exist?). So I guess all there have to be done is to wait for LFR to come out?

I consider myself a very great player. In Cataclysm I got ranked 1-30 in World Of Logs on basically every heroic raid boss, and that was even with being behind on gear, but right now even I think that Surrender to Madness is too punishing. I am already beginning to level my warlock, now that demonology is being buffed. I love having a difficult class/spec, but right now I think that Spriests have too many external factors in regards to their PvE performance.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That's what I think to. The whole balance hotfix were only number changes.
    I really hope they revert the VTorr change, or better, make every tick during VTor generate one stack of VF
    Dispersion can stay the same as now, still a "DPS"Cooldown if youuse it to not drop VF during movement or smth like that, but not a relevant DPS Cooldown during S2M, and therefore only nerfing the latter.
    I'm also somehow fine with the MH nerf, since at this point it only really nerfs (again) S2M, which I'm fine with, since it opens the opportunity to buff the whole specc/the other talents without creating insane synergie with S2M.

And for mechanical changes, I really like the idea that MS is an extra ability, where you build MSStacks on yourself as a buff, and can release them at will with a big MS. E.g. with 10 stacks MS hits for 400k in a small AoE and every SW: P tick or smth like that generate a stack of MS. It would help with M+ AoE, aswell as with on demand (AoE)Burst

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    So I've been doing 7/7 normal and 2/7 heroic with 6-7 guildies and a handful of pugs. My gear is not the greatest at 845 item lvl, but I've got a lot of haste gear with mostly crit on, and I just recently passed the 100k artifact power (5% more vampiric tough damage).

The thing is that the rogue and demon hunter in my guild pretty consistently did 15-25% higher dps than me, and I think they are probably sitting on 7-10 higher item lvl and probably some more artifact traits. Is it supposed to be like this or am I doing some wrong? I think they were also using pots, which could contribute to a big difference.

My biggest issue (or rather area to improve on) right now is that surrender to madness is so hard to get right. Not only does it require great encounter knowledge (which I until this week had none of), but I also have to counter in player deaths, player cooldowns, boss movement (out of range) etc. It really sucked dying at 5% boss health because 3 random pug dps died from the same ability after I had used surrender to madness.

This is not even considering that there is basically no environment ouside of raids to practice in. This week was actually the first time using Surrender to Madness outside of a few dungeons (its not even great there, and so far I had to play holy in mythics). I did not play in the pre-patch of Legion (farming WoD raids), and I have yet to find an execute dummy (does that even exist?). So I guess all there have to be done is to wait for LFR to come out?

I consider myself a very great player. In Cataclysm I got ranked 1-30 in World Of Logs on basically every heroic raid boss, and that was even with being behind on gear, but right now even I think that Surrender to Madness is too punishing. I am already beginning to level my warlock, now that demonology is being buffed. I love having a difficult class/spec, but right now I think that Spriests have too many external factors in regards to their PvE performance.
    I guess it's supposed to be that way.
    Personally, with 28% haste and 22% crit, near 200k dps is the highest I can go on a pure single target fight (Ursoc, in my case). Is it a L2P issue, gear issue, what?
    Since he requires a lot of movement on heroic, I suppose that hurt my dps a good deal though, but even when I timed StM perfectly and felt like I nailed the rotation, I didn't see the great 250k+ results other classes do (mages, hunters, rogues, DKs, monks etc).
    It feels very underwhelming to be so far behind everyone until the boss dips into execute range, and then try to play the catch up game. Not fun IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    And for mechanical changes, I really like the idea that MS is an extra ability, where you build MSStacks on yourself as a buff, and can release them at will with a big MS. E.g. with 10 stacks MS hits for 400k in a small AoE and every SW: P tick or smth like that generate a stack of MS. It would help with M+ AoE, aswell as with on demand (AoE)Burst
    Omg, give us this please!

Deleted
    On a different note, is it just me having problems with stacking nameplates? Even if i select that I still get overlapping nameplates and it makes it hell to multi dot.
    I read others have this problem too, anyone know a way to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    On a different note, is it just me having problems with stacking nameplates? Even if i select that I still get overlapping nameplates and it makes it hell to multi dot.
    I read others have this problem too, anyone know a way to fix it?
    Use Enemygrid
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Shadow
    •Mind Sear damage and Insanity generation increased by 50%.

•Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active.
    •Note: These abilities prevent Insanity drain from increasing while active, which effectively reduces the Insanity drain for the entire remainder the current Voidform. This was proving to be too powerful, so we’re now making sure that the damage bonus and Insanity drain from Voidform remain in sync.

•The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
    •Note: We want it to be rewarding when you’re able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.

So they claim that these spells are too overpowered even though there are other classes with way more overpowered skills. Not only they bring nerf after nerf into the Surrender to Madness with all those changes each time but they never buff the other talents so we can have a second choice.

Can someone explain to me what exactly is in the developers mind? Can you give me an idea of their kind of thinking?

inb4 they just remove the mindsear change.

Deleted
    Well, considering a lot of other classes got buffed (look at balance, locks, mages) and others are still OP (fire mages, hunters, just check warcraftlogs averages, hunters are crazy high), I dont think the revert to void torrent would make it fine... they either need to give us the 10% shadowform buff now (come on its not a new spell, we've had it forever before) or, if they think STM will be too insane properly used, buff a lot at least one of the other 2 level 100 talents.

Lets hope anyway... its a good thing they are at least discussing it. I think they realized they nerfed DH and us too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    inb4 they just remove the mindsear change.
    "We noticed the changes were pushing Shadow into an awkward direction, suggesting they might actually get to do AoE damage one day. As we want to make it clear to players that Shadow has no business doing anything but progression raiding, we're reverting the buff to Mind Sear just to be safe."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "We noticed the changes were pushing Shadow into an awkward direction, suggesting they might actually get to do AoE damage one day. As we want to make it clear to players that Shadow has no business doing anything but progression raiding, we're reverting the buff to Mind Sear just to be safe."
    "We felt that Mind Sear was too strong in situations with 100+ targets"