Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Illidan is so beta that Blizzard is contradicting him with his own expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    The only real question I have is if Xe'ra allready knew that Illidan was the solution, and the "Illidan" book clearly show that, why did A'dal "led" the attack on the Black temple ? Instead if just telling us "hey I got some serious Naaru intel that Illidan not only isn't really a bad guy but is actually working on a plan to kill Kil'Jaeden".

Aren't the Naaru not united ? Worse, are opposite Naaru factions a thing ?

"Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below."

Given it popped out of of a fel portal of sorts needed the tear of elune to "work" and the fact that il'gynoth kinda sorta tells us that there is more gray that we know in our morality, I wouldn't be surprised to see xe'ra being a void lord a'la m'uru but with her own volition - Don't forget that the legion is void's greatest enemy, Sargeras is who he is precisely because he doesn't want to see everything corrupted by the void.

EDIT: The legion wouldn't need to make a raid "just for a being of light" given they know from SWP who A'dal is and they haven't made a move against him and he led an expedition to kill of KJ.They didn't want Xe'ra awake.Can't say it is because she's with the void, but wouldn't be surprised.
    The shard was damaged and the whole image was more like crash landing after a fight rather than just traveling here.And a damaged n'aaru kinda sorta is turning into a void being.

Especially given what you pointed out with A'dal who WAS in contact with the other n'aaru(he knew about m'uru at least), as well as the fact she doesn't make any effort to contact the n'aaru in shatrath or exodar, it kinda sorta makes me cringe.
    Last edited by mmoc1ecd04234d; 2016-09-25 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because it makes sense for a being that think that we are ants and Illidan is our lord and savior. Xe'ra doesn't care about the races of Azeroth.
    Xal'atath whispers: Do the Naaru talk of their servants that came before the Draenei? No? Aahahahah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Xal'atath whispers: Do the Naaru talk of their servants that came before the Draenei? No? Aahahahah!
    I already said that the Silver Hand and the Blood Knights should join forces to found the reformed Scarlet Crusade (this time with an scarlet flame in the form of an phoenix surrounding an crimson fist as symbol because that would look really, really, really cool) as a Force of Justice without emotion that only serves the concept of Light itself, hunting down the Naaru and using them to empower their divine Crusade against Evil (and capitalism considering that their color would be red), as the Naaru have proven themselves untrustworthy as they never did something against the Legion or all the evil in the universe themselves. With Tyrs silver Hand in mind, the reformed Scarlet Crusade of Humans and Blood Elves knows that everyone has to make their sacrifices for the greater good, if they want or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Personally, I've never trusted the Naaru, and Xe'ra gives me little reason to trust her now. Many people take her (and their) proclamations as hard fact, but I tend to see them as their own faction with their own position to trumpet - they may represent the Light but that does not make them "good" in every sense of the word. Lionizing Illidan and his actions in Outland seems, at least to me, to be further proof that the Naaru have an agenda they're willing to mislead and misrepresent in order to accomplish. The Light and the Void stand as extreme ends of the spectrum of essence in the Warcraft universe, and extremes are rarely good things whether they are an extreme of "good" or an extreme of "evil" (or any other dualistic relationship).

We know the Void often uses and manipulates beings in the physical universe to achieve their own ends, and I think the Light is just as guilty of that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Personally, I've never trusted the Naaru, and Xe'ra gives me little reason to trust her now. Many people take her (and their) proclamations as hard fact, but I tend to see them as their own faction with their own position to trumpet - they may represent the Light but that does not make them "good" in every sense of the word. Lionizing Illidan and his actions in Outland seems, at least to me, to be further proof that the Naaru have an agenda they're willing to mislead and misrepresent in order to accomplish. The Light and the Void stand as extreme ends of the spectrum of essence in the Warcraft universe, and extremes are rarely good things whether they are an extreme of "good" or an extreme of "evil" (or any other dualistic relationship).

We know the Void often uses and manipulates beings in the physical universe to achieve their own ends, and I think the Light is just as guilty of that.
    Basically, the Babylon 5's Vorlon and the Shadows:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Basically, the Babylon 5's Vorlon and the Shadows:

I thought of that sometimes before (especially with Velen as the prophet and so on^^) but Xe'ra reminds me very much of the Kosh-replacement the humans got in Babylon 5. xD With Kosh, everyone felt the Vorlon were something to be revered, they showed themselves as angels and helpers. But in the end, they were more like asshats fighting a much bigger war and used everyone as chess figures. And even let them feel it, which they didn't at the beginning. Their reasons may have been valid and 'good' but the way they went about it was bad (for the 'younger' races).

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this Naaru will go the same path as Cordana Felsong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    no one gives a shit what Xe'ra thinks. I don't know why are people making a big fuss about it.
    Because what Xe'ra thinks is what Blizzard thinks. They're casting US as in need of redemption, they're casting US as the bad people supposed to grovel and apologize. Fuck that, fuck Illidan and fuck that piece of crap Christmas tree decoration.

Them reinterpreting characters is fine but outright coming out and putting the blame on us and acting as if we had to redeem ourselves is goddamn bullshit. It pisses me off to an extreme extent. This is worse than Cataclysm and Thralls story and hits all the wrong points.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    THIS is how Blizzard story department does redemption, they force it through a fucking brick wall. "Oh look how AMAZING Illidan was, you are all just a bunch of cunts if you dislike him". This questline seriously reeks of Metzen.
    It feels like Metzen's last middle finger to the players after they rejected Thrall when Cataclysm went down before he prances off into retirement.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-25 at 01:54 PM.

Everything was just a set back really.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Because what Xe'ra thinks is what Blizzard thinks. They're casting US as in need of redemption, they're casting US as the bad people supposed to grovel and apologize. Fuck that, fuck Illidan and fuck that piece of crap Christmas tree decoration.

Them reinterpreting characters is fine but outright coming out and putting the blame on us and acting as if we had to redeem ourselves is goddamn bullshit. It pisses me off to an extreme extent. This is worse than Cataclysm and Thralls story and hits all the wrong points.
    that's great. we are the "bad" guys. I'm waiting for that since TBC.

Deleted
    Worst Part is...think about it, what legitimates Xe'ra in judging us? The fact that she's some kind of god? What right does she have to tell us that we are not allowed to help the broken Draenei and avenge everyone who was hurt and killed by Illidans actions. Like fuck, what did she ever did for us? Did she saved the Night Elves or the Orcs from being corrupted by the burning Legion? Did she helped us in establishing peace between High Elves, Humans and Forest Trolls back in the Troll Wars? Fuck. Did she helped us against any Legion Invasion? Did she helped the Silver Hand and devoted Humans against the Scourge? Did she saved the people who are now the Forsaken from Undeath? Arthas from his fall into Darkness, someone who was, other than Illidan, always a believer of the Light? Fuck, what is her legitimacy? Like fuck I'm going to serve some sort of shitty deity who thinks that she's to rule, while she never did something to help us. That's why I'm serious when I say that the Paladins and the Holy/Discipline Priests should go fuck you towards the Naaru and learn how to steal their light, so that this Power can finally used by Mortals to stop the burning Legion. Wer were the once who stopped the Legion, the old Gods, the Scourge, the Destroyer over and over and over again, we are the ones who have the right to wield this power because we would actually use it. The Humans and the other Races owe the Naaru nothing and the Draenei had paid their debts when the Orcs were slaughtering their kind and the Naaru remained silent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that's great. we are the "bad" guys. I'm waiting for that since TBC.
    We're not "evil", we're simply "bad people" in "need of redemption", we're the rabble witch hunt mob that killed the messiah and now we're supposed to prostrate ourselves before him and suck his fel infused d*.

That stuck up wind chime can go shove it as far as I'm concerned, I'm in favour of seeing if it makes music when one hits it too. Whoever plays the best song gets 5000 gold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how to continue this questline? The last scenario I did was when Illidan helped out at Black Rook Hold during the invasion. How do I keep getting quests from Light's Heart?

I don't know about others, but my character need redemption for sure. The only reason I killed him back then was greed and pride, so that the next guild wouldn't overtake mine and so that we could get more shiny warblades for our rogues. Sinful, I know
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

We're not "evil", we're simply "bad people" in "need of redemption", we're the rabble witch hunt mob that killed the messiah and now we're supposed to prostrate ourselves before him and suck his fel infused d*.
    I do agree that messiah part is bad but I like the part where we fucked up.

Deleted
    Xe ra works for the Legion. We are being tricket, don't fall for it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I thought of that sometimes before (especially with Velen as the prophet and so on^^) but Xe'ra reminds me very much of the Kosh-replacement the humans got in Babylon 5. xD With Kosh, everyone felt the Vorlon were something to be revered, they showed themselves as angels and helpers. But in the end, they were more like asshats fighting a much bigger war and used everyone as chess figures. And even let them feel it, which they didn't at the beginning. Their reasons may have been valid and 'good' but the way they went about it was bad (for the 'younger' races).
    It is exactly what I think about Xe'ra, she is Kosh-replacement, the true representation of the Vorlon.

- - - Updated - - -

I hardly think that Xe'ra is what the Blizzard lore writters think. They didn't need to showcase Illidan's rotten and murdering attitudes throughout the entire questchain and seal with "it was all because Tyrande".

Babylon 5 did this perfectly, the Vorlon were these angelic beings that guided many races over millenias, showing them the light and order. But at the end of the day, they were the ultimate fascists jerks that lied to everyone and were building up armies to fight the Shadows just because stuff. Heck, Jack the Ripper (yeah) was recruited as a Vorlon Inquisitor.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I'm actually starting to think they're setting up the Naaru to be more sinister than we've seen in the past. I mean, is Xe'ra really going on about the guy who repeatedly sacrificed oodles of his followers back in the War of the Ancients, among other things? Yes, a lot of what he's done is simply him being misunderstood or taking evil upon himself rather than forcing it on others, but he's still kill a lot of people to get to where he is. While I don't think that means we can't redeem him, I am wondering why we're the ones in need of redemption.
    Narru have both Light and Void forms.

What if the Narru are also infact the Void Lords

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Narru have both Light and Void forms.

What if the Narru are also infact the Void Lords
    That, connected with the Khadgar's speculation, would make Elune the Light of Creation.