Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lost count of the number of times I have to bunny hop around the point as Mercy to keep it contested.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I honestly believe that a lot of players simply don't realise that they're meant to be doing something other than getting kills. I mean, sure, that's useful - but every second the objective is contested is super valuable and increases the likelihood of victory. I don't believe that everybody should be on the objective, mind you - since there is such a thing as being too close to one another to the point where people are just fodder for ultimate abilities.

Deleted
    Sometimes its not worth staying on the point/fighting on it.

Like if your team loses 2 players its better to fallback and regroup sometimes than to die 6v4.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggz View Post

Like if your team loses 2 players its better to fallback and regroup sometimes than to die 6v4.
    This is very true and something a lot of mediocre players don't really grasp.

Deleted
    mc cree is the best gunslinger in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost a bunch of games yesterday because the team just kept running off away from the point going off in separate directions only to be killed

my feel when I am Lucio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lost a bunch of games yesterday because the team just kept running off away from the point going off in separate directions only to be killed

my feel when I am Lucio
    That's when you show em how it's done and just wall skate around laughing as you contest ad Infinium...damn skilled Lucio's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    That's when you show em how it's done and just wall skate around laughing as you contest ad Infinium...damn skilled Lucio's.
    I try so hard... and get so far... but in the eeeennndd... mei is a fucking biitttccchhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I try so hard... and get so far... but in the eeeennndd... mei is a fucking biitttccchhhhh
    But to be fair, Mei is also bae and probably the best for locking down points when someone skilled is playing her, or just super annoying when someone not so skilled plays her.

10+ Year Old Account
    But to be fair, Mei is also bae and probably the best for locking down points when someone skilled is playing her, or just super annoying when someone not so skilled plays her.
    yeaaahhh......

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

-Chasing a kill or being a Solo-Hero
    I managed to get 4 defenders chase me off point B in temple of anubis (as pharah) by just gliding slowly out of it while firing rockets to get attention.

thing was, we were already on 2/3 taken so a tracer just sat in the corner and took it xD

I find even in high diamond some people don't they get tunnel vision. Just remind them to fight on point and they usually listen. Just don't be a dick.

Probably because they're playing Hanzo or Widow.

/axegrind

- - - Updated - - -

A few days ago I saw my team wipe the enemy team three times without ever killing the Lucio who was doing laps around the payload so we couldn't move it.

When I'm playing Lucio I never get enemy teams that dumb :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naggz View Post

Yes and no really. I don't think there's any map where the enemy team can get to point B before you respawn if you die on point A. Unless they're ready to go immediately and get Lucio boosted, which rarely happens (maybe it's more common at the highest levels of play).

It's only really bad if they have all their ultis ready for the point B attack and all hit it at once just as you come back and your team is scattered and unprepared. But let's face it, if they're that organised and your team wiped on point A, you were almost certainly going to lose the game anyway :P

Meanwhile I've seen some extremely unlikely 1% point A contensts that worked out... so I personally think that the only time you should back off point A is if your team is completely wiped and it's ~50% capped or above so that you can't even get there in time to contest.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-09-25 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.