Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Lol I wish.

20 miles from London and highest available speed; 2mbps
    I call BS.

I'm just outside of London and I get 55mbs via BT.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I call BS.

Yeah, I'm 20 mins out of london too. and I get 200..

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5660859378

That is with torrents on and multiple pc's tablets/phones all whoring away etc..
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Im from Sweden and have 500/500 but I only get like 450/400 I just don't feel a need to pay more then 20 euro for it so no point in me upgrading to 1gig

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty average here, depends where you live of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty decent, but it's by no means anything "extreme".

10+ Year Old Account
    Very standard speed around where I live. It's what I have as well, although my ISP offers 500mbps I have no real reason to upgrade.

Lol I wish.

I live on a small island and we have 300+ , you should look for a better provider , right now 300 is a standard and you can easy find 600+ in big city .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I call BS.
    depends on his distance from the exchange.
    https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

This can show you how far you are from your exchange, and what the max speed is you can get from various providers. Quite interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    It's less than half of mine.

My ISP also announced that by the end of this year, early next year they want to make 1Gbps the norm across the network.

I live in one of those West-European countries where EU law prevents providers from forming a monopoly / olipoly, thus they try to offer the best to compete with each other instead of the bare minimum (as in the countries who don't follow such consumer protection laws).
    yeah i have those laws too.

yet all cable companies were allowed to merge (semi understandable since they don't directly compete with eachother)
    now they are allowing that huge company to merge with vodafone i think.

so were gonna end up with 1 huge cable+4/5g company that doens't have to share it's network. unlike the main competitor who owns phone lines which are already aging in maximum performance, and who does have to share it's network. THere the hope for fibre but the phone line company owns the company that rolls out the fibre lines, and they currently want it to go at a snails pace apparently.

worse, ever since said cable company was taken over by some US company a year or two ago, they have already done like 3 price hikes, much faster then ussual and with less speed upgrades then ussual to justify it.

91Mbps isn't bad,last year my isp replaced my 12Mbps dsl with a fiber connection,I now average 800+Mbps down,600Mbps up,not too shabby considering I have to drive a few miles to get a cell signal.

Quote Originally Posted by FlusteredFeminist View Post
    Most of Canada is throttled at 5mpbs so your download speed is really good.

I'm hoping that Justin Trudeau will do something about this
    The worse part is the download cap we do have here. I hate that.

Lol I wish.

70 miles from london and my speed is 200mb (Virgin cable), and they're testing out 500mb connections soon to be available to the public!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5661265206

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have 85Mbps till a couple of months ago, when I got an offer of 150Mbps for the same price. 85Mbps I considered to be extreeeemely fast. It is well-well-well above the average, pretty much, anywhere on this planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    No, you didn't "tbh".

90Mbit = 10MB~ per second * 60 seconds = 600MB per minute * 10 minutes = 6GB.

WoW is what? 35GB now? If anything, it took you at least an hour.
    ^This

You have 91mbps connection speed not download speed, a common mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    70 miles from london and my speed is 200mb (Virgin cable), and they're testing out 500mb connections soon to be available to the public!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5661265206
    I live about 45min from London via train and I aslo have VM200mbps service. Just upgraded to their SuperHub3 and my speed went up by about 10mbps.

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5661282535

Deleted
    Why can't people just write everything correctly capitalized, M is mega, m is milli, B is byte and b is bit. I know this is a forum about gaming and stuff and so it doesn't really matter, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLamp View Post
    Why can't people just write everything correctly capitalized, M is mega, m is milli, B is byte and b is bit. I know this is a forum about gaming and stuff and so it doesn't really matter, but still.
    Not many people know that. Even among programmers, as I found out recently, not everyone can say what MBps stands for correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    ^This

You have 91mbps connection speed not download speed, a common mistake.

Typical where?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a 25mbps connection speed. u.s. has really low download speeds. download here is 2.5-3.1mbps.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Typical where?
    By typical it's not referring to a location it means if you have a XXX connection speed then your typical actual download speed will be XXX.

10+ Year Old Account
    91mps is good depending where you live

Here in Australia 91mps is a blessing.

My internet speed atm