Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As soon as the blood vendor arrives, things will change dramatically.

Still... it doesn't give me back those 120k or so I've spent on flasks/pots so far. But money/gold is meant to be spent!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Technically thats true, but we are also just exiting the most profitable gold making expansion in the history of wow, so i take it with a grain of salt that it's "too expensive to raid" especially considering the things i just listed.
    if everyone HAD loads of money from WoD, threats like this wouldnt exist, now would they, even more telling as MMOC has more of a dedicated playerbase that your average casual, who would be more likely to have that gold... Luckily I have an herbalist/alch alt, so i make loads of money off of it and have enough for me, but for someone, who didnt garrison the whole WoD on 6 alts, it would be extremely expensive to get flasks and pots for raids without herb

On the hand hand it sucks, but on the other I kinda like that potions and flasks are worth something again. For so many years they were worth pretty much nothing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Effort needed -> casuals complain

Same old, same old.
    Casuals don't use (many) consumables, try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    What about new players who skipped the abomination of WOD guess they are shit out of luck?
    Yep, cuz most of the players did make absurd amounts of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Technically thats true, but we are also just exiting the most profitable gold making expansion in the history of wow, so i take it with a grain of salt that it's "too expensive to raid" especially considering the things i just listed.
    It was only profitable for those who actually played for gold, which most weren't. Garrison required a lot of micromanagement, it took quite some time to set everything up. Most people rather allocated the time to play any content was available (there wasn't that much of that either). Still, due to garrison profession buildings raiders could easily afford all consumeables.

Result: people who play for economy mutiplied their money a few hundred times, while people who don't stayed on the same level. Now those who just want to PvE and raid need to buy consumables from people who dictate the economy.

Gotta say, it didn't feel like this at the start of any expansion. It was always a bit worse, but never "I never did the AH game, so I cannot get any consumeables for todays raid" worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Effort needed -> casuals complain

Same old, same old.
    Hah, not only casuals, so don't pin that on them. Just like at some of the other discussions (and you know what kinds I mean).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, it is as well about greed. Sorry, but that'll always be one brick of the wall.

If there is a market, there is a price. And many times, the price goes much higher than the market expects.
    thats not what greed is

stay classless though comrade

also, putting even a modicum of effort will net you 5 digits worth of free money for maybe 20 minutes of effort in legion

this thread is full of the lazy

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like WoW economy is based on supply and demand just like any other economy, madness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    thats not what greed is

stay classless though comrade

also, putting even a modicum of effort will net you 5 digits worth of free money for maybe 20 minutes of effort in legion

this thread is full of the lazy
    Not really being lazy, but when you sell things at a higher price than it takes of effort to obtain/produce it, you know you are greedy. Starlight Rose at 200g says it all. Nothing about effort alone, a market needs production and development but if the supplier doesn't supply a steady flow, the market churns around and becomes stale.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not really being lazy, but when you sell things at a higher price than it takes of effort to obtain/produce it, you know you are greedy. Starlight Rose at 200g says it all. Nothing about effort alone, a market needs production and development but if the supplier doesn't supply a steady flow, the market churns around and becomes stale.
    and you get to determine what someones effort is worth.

because you say so

and anyone who disagrees with you is greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    and you get to determine what someones effort is worth.

because you say so

and anyone who disagrees with you is greedy.
    Nope, for now you are attempting to put words in my mouth, as it is called. I basically just meant it hardly takes effort.

But, if you can loot 1-3 of something, even in some situations, 40. And then sell them in singles, for 200+, and buy out the market and resell for 200+, isn't that partly greed? it is a good business view, but buying out a lower priced stock to control the price of a market just with the intention of raising it higher than it actually is worth, isn't that partly greed?

I don't really care what people's market is, for I normally run off with the stuff people sell at a wrong price, or be lucky with the Harvest enchant.

Nope, for now you are attempting to put words in my mouth, as it is called. I basically just meant it hardly takes effort.
    It takes enough effort that supply doesnt fill demand and prices have increased above what they were a week ago.

More people than ever are out and about farming herbs for the easy gold, and prices remain high. This means the market is willing to pay those prices, otherwise there would be a glut of supply and prices would go down.

Time is money friend, and my time is worth 200g an herb.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    It's almost like WoW economy is based on supply and demand just like any other economy, madness!
    Its almost like Wow Devs wanted to remove "garrison gold" by fucking over everyone ny jacking up the material cost for pots
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You make the mistake of assuming there is an "actual worth" of something. There is not. There is only what people are willing to pay for it. If they are willing to pay more then it is actually worth more. Nothing has an "inherit true worth".

As for the prices: That's what you get with no flying, zone scaling and professions gated behind quests. All of this is making botting hard to impossible. Without tons and tons of bots doing the shitty annoying mindless dumb boring retarded farming for us and keeping AH prices low we can't afford consumables.
    Maybe now peole will start realising how AWESOME bots have been for the WoW economy. In previous expansions they have been the main reason why raiding has been bearable at all and now that Blizzard has found a rather effective way to stop them we see how shitty the game is without an endless supply of free mats.

Now actual human beings have to run around in circles farming mats, which is about the most stupid activity imaginable. Not a good thing.

Gathering professions should just be taken out of the game. Or made entirely optional, only offering cosmetic upgrades. It's a no-skill waste of time. If someone has fun with it, let them do it, sure, but don't make raiders suffer through that

Its almost like Wow Devs wanted to remove "garrison gold" by fucking over everyone ny jacking up the material cost for pots
    They are not. Nothing of this is removing any gold. It's just re-distributing, it's not taken out of the economy. So prices will stay high because gold in circulation will stay high.
    If they wanted to actually remove the garrison gold they should have made a 50g or 100g vendor item part of all crafting recipes. Only gold that really disappears from the game (e.g. buy stuff from a vendor, not give gold to another player) is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    No you just forget how expensive thinge at the start of an expansion.

Pick up herbalism and a sky golem with herb hand enchant and make 60k+ a day selling herbs.

Deleted
    The reason costs are high per pot or flask is because they are based around rank 3 crafters where one pot and flask craft can proc up to 14 additional pots and flasks, on average i get 1/4th extra pots out of what I intended to craft. So if you are smart go alchemy and herbalism, I make around 80k gold per two hours, and that's just by farming starlight rose and converting it into pots.

To provide myself with raid consumables I spend around 2 hours per zone farming herbs.

gather for 1-2 hours a week and you can afford all the flasks/pots you need for raiding. if you can spare 8 hours a week for raiding, you can spare 2 more for gold. Time needed will decrease over the course of the expansion
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    So you are saying you can pick 5 measily starlight rose and sell them for enough to buy a flask?

Sounds pretty cheap and easy to me!
    No, he is saying he can pick 5 starlight rose and sell them for enough to buy ONE potion
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!