Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well the shooter isnt white enough and apparently he didnt kill blacks or else this would be the #1 story nationwide.
    That and they are claiming he is "hispanic" in all the news stories I've seen. Well what do you think?

I'll concede its a possibility, but if you follow recent trends, I have my doubts on the claimed nationality...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about.

Mods, can we move this to the US mass shooting mega thread?
    In all honesty, I am surprised we don`t have one. I mean we got Megathreads for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, a day ending in Y and another shooting post. I'll take three happy meals and can I get the .22 with them?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Shooter was a gamer. Are they going to blame Call of Duty and Skyrim for this shooting?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2016-09-25 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Will keep an eye out.
    Just saw a hispanic man with grey clothes. What should I do?

Dude is from turkey so surprise suprise that the media doesnt want to cover the story or mention his nationality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...man-continues/

So some kid has a rough time, deals drugs, is occasionally homeless, drives around drunk and gets in fights, he finally snaps and kills random people in his home town. I guess I win points for the "mass shootings are caused by social disenfranchisement" theory.

The 20-year-old suspect in the deadly Washington state mall shooting said nothing and appeared "zombie-like" when he was arrested by authorities nearly 24 hours into an intense manhunt, authorities said.

Island County Sheriff's Lt. Mike Hawley said he spotted Arcan Cetin from a patrol car Saturday evening in Oak Harbor, Washington, and immediately recognized him as the suspect who killed five people at the Cascade Mall in nearby Burlington.

Hawley said at a news conference they had received information that Cetin, of Oak Harbor, was in the area. Cetin, who immigrated to the U.S. from Turkey, is a legal permanent resident who has been living in Oak Harbor, authorities said. He had been arrested once before in the county for assault, Hawley said.

"I literally hit my brakes, did a quick turn, I jumped out," Hawley said. "We both jumped out with our guns, and he just froze."

Cetin was unarmed and was carrying a satchel with a computer in it.

"He was kind of zombie-like," Hawley said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...-mall-42324350

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    We all knew what was coming when they claimed he looked "Latin"....

Can't imagine that the Latin community in the US is happy with being used as acceptable scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well the shooter isnt white enough and apparently he didnt kill blacks or else this would be the #1 story nationwide.
    Yeah I think we can all agree that the media is fucked.

He was Turkish (and no delight).

Maybe Muslim Turk and into ISIS.. FBI will find out
    Media will keep it Hush, Hush as its more votes for Trumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We should change the definition.
    To "ongoing state of affairs in the US"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    It's pretty funny how seemingly nobody seems to care, because it happens so often.
    It is called resignation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Dude is from turkey so surprise suprise that the media doesnt want to cover the story or mention his nationality.
    And yet you learned of it from CNN
    Cetin emigrated from Turkey and is a legal permanent resident of the United States, authorities said. It's unclear when he moved to the US.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    How do you know he was not just well integrated into American Culture? America does lead the Western World in Mass Shootings and Criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Its more here we have yet another Arab killing folks, but our news is showing the riots over black criminal being shot by police. I for one haven't even heard of this on the news and instead read about it here. Not hard to tell when its something the News media doesn't want to really cover...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

So some kid has a rough time, deals drugs, is occasionally homeless, drives around drunk and gets in fights, he finally snaps and kills random people in his home town. I guess I win points for the "mass shootings are caused by social disenfranchisement" theory.
    One of the articles I saw mentioned he was always treating girls badly at school and they all hated him, so probably "random women" rather than "random people" though a guy was hit and died later.

The initial claim mentioned hispanic man with an assault weapon, though the man in the picture looked like middle eastern/ eastern european to most folks and the gun looked like a mini14. Later on they mostly cropped out the gun (which was recovered at the scene). The story will drop away soon except for local to Washington where it'll be used as part of their increasing gun control measures from the california crowd.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Also likely a virgin who was constantly denied

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I actually learned about it from euronews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Also likely a virgin who was constantly denied
    Where did you come across that weird tidbit?

Where did you come across that weird tidbit?
    Just a running hypothesis I have that I liked from:

https://youtu.be/i1j6e6b8Dcw?t=2m26s