Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't go assassination!

I have a question, as the general consensus seems to be "Don't go assassination!". I know it's early, but been looking through alot of logs, and assassination seems to be alot better than what this forum suggests atm. I'm not saying, rather asking, if it's really that bad? Is it a issue with scaling, early artifact traits or what? Can go through all EN Heroic bosses, and more often than not, assassination is doing very solid. With the changes incoming, what are the thoughts from our theorycrafters?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

Assassination is fine and is getting buffed next patch, and really you should go with whatever you want to go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, and I like assassination, but as any other raider that has the ambition to push mythic, I will go with what is best for any given fight. At the moment I'm just a little confused about the "Don't go assassination", when the logs so far differs quite alot from sims. Maybe it is the tier sets that makes the difference. I'm just curious to hear the reasoning.

Deleted
    Assassination is fine. The general thought is that a good player will do abit more dmg as outlaw than Assassination over the course of a raid. Also Outlaw is so much more versatile considering its aoe capabilities.

That said im playing Assassination because i think its a more fun specc and its fun to see how far one can push it!
    Last edited by mmocadc0a5802a; 2016-09-24 at 07:43 PM.

Small buff towards AoE scenarios, not enough to make a noticeable difference, but atleast Deadly Poison will get buffed, it amounts for ~8-10% of our current damage, and will get a 30% buff, so ... theoretically ~3% overall damage increase if you don't run Agonizing Poison

The "Bag of Tricks" buff will sure help out to not waste it so much ( compared to how it's wasted right now lol )

Anyway, AoE/cleave fights, there is no contest against outlaw, it is the only god and king for those kinds of fights

But as single target goes right now, the only way an outlaw will outperform an assassination will be if real lucky RNG helps him out ( assuming similar gear/playskill )

I don't like relying on RNG, so, I go the safe way, assassination, and I find it way cooler/funnier than outlaw, MAYBE if I got the Thunderfury appearance, I'd reconsider ... :P

Deleted
    Play what you want, and if you are a hardcore raider who needs every bit of %, why do you need to ask these questions on mmo champion then?

Many people look at what the top 1% of the 1% consider "best" and "worst", and then they apply it to their own/everyone else's gameplay which is nowhere near the levels that the 1% of the 1% perform at.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-24 at 10:23 PM.

You don't look at sims... you look at logs.
    Then you compare those logs to your own logs and form an educated opinion.
    Or you just choose 1 spec that you like and play it to perfection which is always better than switching to a spec you don't like.
    Not liking a specc will make most people to underperform... even if it is just slightly.

Deleted
    Assassination is super fun and Exsanguinate makes it just a blast to play imo.

I can't understand how people can play that Hearthstone spec Outlaw.

Deleted
    Specs are very close to eachother. Play what you like. If you're not top 10, skill and gear will impact your dps much more more than spec choice at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Play what you want, and if you are a hardcore raider who needs every bit of %, why do you need to ask these questions on mmo champion then?
    If I want to push out numbers, and Sims differ from log statistics, I shouldn't ask community theorycrafters? Not sure your highly constructive response makes much sense.

The strenght of Outlaw comes from its versatility. It does really well in nearly all scenarios and encounters.
    Assassination shines in single target and cleave, but struggle to burst down priority targets and large AoE.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Assassination shines in single target and cleave, but struggle to burst down priority targets and large AoE.
    'Scuse me, w00t m8??????

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    'Scuse me, w00t m8??????
    I phrased it poorly. i meant target swapping to adds that need to die quickly.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I phrased it poorly. i meant target swapping to adds that need to die quickly.
    If they got medium/high HP, 'tis cool, problem is if they can be easily AoE'd down, then we can't do much

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

can we just ban anyone who still keeps claiming this?

Uhhhh call me crazy but instead of sims I compared MY OWN dps using the two classes to the best of my ability. While Outlaw has some great AoE (particularly with the very-awesome Cannon Barrage talent), I found Sin to be very competitive even there. Spread some bleeds around, toss FoK once every 8 seconds or so, and Venomous Wounds is basically Adrenaline Rush with no cooldown.

Anyway, yeah. I got clickbaited by the title

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of engaging gameplay I'd say assassination is the most fun right now. Not as fun as Outlaw(I prefer Dagger rogues tbh). Sub IMO is not fun to me anymore.

Yes ban people who disagree with you. That works
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In terms of engaging gameplay I'd say assassination is the most fun right now. Not as fun as Outlaw(I prefer Dagger rogues tbh). Sub IMO is not fun to me anymore.

Yes ban people who disagree with you. That works
    He said to ban morons, not people who disagree with him.