Poll: Title Question;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    The Burning Legion is the main antagonist since the RTS. The Old Gods are simply lackeys of the next big enemy.
    Even if this is true (I disagree), you specifically said that we already had an expansion for one, so we can't have it again, which is on its own a false statement.

Stop hyping them to be something bigger than they are
    Can you point out when I did that? I will give you 24 hours.

we already killed most of them
    Which is why he can't carry an expansion on his own, and if he did it will be with Azshara, and some other plot stories. Nowhere I suggested he would. (theoretically of course; unlike you I don't put up my opinions as facts.)

N'zoth will die in a xpack with Azshara and then we will move on. There is no need for an xpack for that.
    You are saying that N'zoth will die in an expansion with Azshara, and then you're saying there is no need for an expansion for that.

Both statements contradict each other.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-09-25 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yogg had bits and pieces in 3.0 in terms of development. N'zoth had few expansions.
    What development did N'zoth have? You mean Cata, where he was referenced more or less three times, and while important to the overall plot, was more or less just that, a glorified plot device?

Or MoP, where he did nothing? Arguably, the only "development" he had, was in Legion, in Chronicles and in Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    I think N'zoth will be handled in a patch, and Azshara will get her own expansion.
    This is what im thinking.
    And im thinking something like this will happen:
    We go to tomb of sargeras (7.2 raid) at the end we will try and seal the tomb, but somehow Nzoth will be released (the 5 keys bla bla bla whispers from ilgynoth).
    This could be why azshara is also after the pillars.
    Of course we need to find Nzoth.
    7.3 small patch. old gods+naga shizzle
    7.4 Nzoth raid. Also with naga, but aszhara not present.
    Nzoth dies> azshara underwater expac 8.0 lets go (would you really think they would put so much effort on high res seacreature models if there wasn't going to be underwater shit for us to go to?)

N'zoth has always been more manipulative and cunning. He may not have the sheer strength of the other Old Gods, but he definitely has the influence of a tactician. They'll probably get their own expansion merged together. We'll finally defeat Azshara and reveal that N'zoth had been behind it all the whole time in an attempt to get the Void Lords to Azeroth.

That being said, I don't know how reasonable it is to expect an expac after this one where we're on a bunch of islands again. Azshara and N'zoth could very well be the final bads of this expac. "With the Legion pushed back, the heroes must protect Azeroth from one last threat before launching an invasion against the Legion."
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You would have to be insanely delusional to think that N'zoth will be anything other than 7.2.

He's just another Old God, nothing more. Hell, he arguably had less development than Yogg.

Azshara, eh, probably, don't think she would fit thematically atm, probably next expansion. I could see her in 7.2 aswell, but she's a whole different caliber than N'zoth, importance-wise.
    I dunno... Yogg-Saron was a big albeit brief presence in Wrath, whereas N'Zoth has been built up since Cataclysm. Sure there are a lot of pointers to him in Legion (the Emerald Nightmare being the prime example) but unless we decide to get deep-sea equipment and explore the ocean then the chances of N'Zoth appearing this expansion is pretty slim.

I get the feeling that N'Zoth will be the mid tier of Legion. His death will trigger a massive power infusion into Azshara, setting her up as the Big Bad next expansion.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I get the feeling that N'Zoth will be the mid tier of Legion. His death will trigger a massive power infusion into Azshara, setting her up as the Big Bad next expansion.
    Actually, this is something I spoke about a while ago in another topic. Wish I could get it. But instead, what I theorized was that she will absorb his power in her own expansion. Like, we start the expansion with N'zoth as the head-honcho, only in the end to have a Garrosh like scenario where she feeds on the remnants of N'zoth, whom we dispatch mid expansion.

I also think that if Argus wasn't a patch and indeed got its own expansion, that we will travel there first, then we will come back to see Azshara wreaking shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Also to add to possibility of naga being the theme of 7.2 we can point out that azsuna is last zone without real conclusion. Val gets concluded in nightmare raid. Stormheim in 7.1 odyn raid. Suramar gets extra story in 7.1 and then nighthold. Highmountain is about tauren so obviously will never see any extra lore (i mean those are tauren you fucking kiddin me ?)

On the other hand we never had any context for azshara activity in broken isles and azsuna. Why exactly she wanted the tidestone ? Who she works for ?

And obviously the fact that naga received alot of new models, and art assets.

And in the end we have the fact that naga/old god theme is flexible for ToT/ulduar size raid, while also remaining very diffrent from both the 7.0 raids and obviously incoming tomb of sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be an old god raid in Legion, but when we reach N'zoth's prison he will already have been freed and moved on to build up power with Azshara and they will share an expansion of their own. They keep on teasing the fact that N'zoth won't be imprisoned and if that's the case it would be a waste to deal with him in one patch in an expansion not even about the old gods.

So you are expecting the pillars to be used in like 7.1?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    So you are expecting the pillars to be used in like 7.1?
    I more think Kil'jaeden the DECEIVER will pile them all up from Dalaran while spamming /lol

Really tire of moronic statements saying about "Azshara patch in Legion". Its as dumb as to say "Lich King patch in BC" or "Deathwing patch in WotLK". It's a goddamn mega villains of WoW! They have their own zones and armies! And how the hell they fit into the LEGION theme? Mid-tier is likely Kil'Jaeden. End tier is Tomb and Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    I more think Kil'jaeden the DECEIVER will pile them all up from Dalaran while spamming /lol
    Pillars wont be used so fast from the looks of it.
    7.3 or 7.4 is my guess

7.1 we get Nighthold and finish the Suramar questline.
    7.2 we get N'zoth and Azshara as filler and a new zone south of Suramar.
    7.3+ we go to Argus and deal with the legion.
    Next xpack we start dealing with the void.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Pillars wont be used so fast from the looks of it.
    7.3 or 7.4 is my guess
    That's what I am betting.

I mean, we won't even get the fifth one until 7.1.

7.3 is my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, glad to see we have a Blizzard employee among us.

Seriously, how do you know these for facts?

If we have two patches of raid tiers, we might be doing Azshara and/or N'zoth. In between having a layer of Old God stuff in the Nightmare, the Naga being pretty active and Queen Azshara actually showing up/having voice lines, it's fair to say that we're in a reasonable position to explore them a bit more.

Like most old gods, N'zoth is kinda hard to do as an expansion's endboss. When I think about Yogg and C'thun, what strikes me is that they're these weirdly undefined, enigmatic enemies throughout most of their respective stories, and even their physical appearance is sort of a big reveal moment. A short, compact ramp-up to their encounter works better starting an expansion with "we're here to kill this Old God" and then 6/12/18 months of building up to it.

Besides, if we have two patched-in raid tiers, we'll need a non-Legion enemy as the in-between one. That's how this stuff tends to work. The way things are building up, that's either Azshara or Sylvanas at this stage.

how do we go to Argus if we closed the legion portal with the pillars?

how do we go to Argus if we closed the legion portal with the pillars?
    We are not using it. Check Illidan's novel, we will use the Legion Keystone to open portals directly into their realms. That's the DHs main mission when Illidan sent them off during the TBC raid.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are not using it. Check Illidan's novel, we will use the Legion Keystone to open portals directly into their realms. That's the DHs main mission when Illidan sent them off during the TBC raid.
    He sent his Demon Hunters to Mar'dum to get the Sargerite Keystone. Yes we'll have it in the end, but it's not set in stone that suddenly the next expansion is the void as you are so confident of.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Based on the story in Legion I'm pretty certain Azshara will be the target of the next expansion.