Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You are right. But you know, the Rogue can use two melee weapons...but the Shaman can also use two melee weapons! And the Monks! Those corrupted monks steal the rogues spot by also using two melee weapons! And not to forget that dreaded Death Knights, daring to use two melee weapons!

Right now, their are couple of spots for some new specs that use Ranged Weapons, while we have by far too many melees and many casters.
    There are some spots. The big difference is trying to make them totally different. There are many ways to swing a sword, their are many spells to cast. Unfortunately there is only 1 way to shoot a bow, gun or Xbow.

They could empower them with abilities etc. but the animations would pretty much be the exact same. It would be hard to make them feel unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    My only problem with having Night Elf Paladins is... we don't know what the hell Elune even is yet.
    We know she's a real deity, because she's performed actual miracles. We know she's a separate entity from the Light, because her followers* use Arcane magic when invoking her. We now know she predates the Night Elves, between creating the Naaru and being the owner of a Titan artifact. But the lore team has intentionally been keeping us in the dark about where she stands in the cosmology.

* (At least the NPCs, like Tyrande and Shandris. Priest players used to be able to with a Night Elf-restricted spell, but this was phased out when race-specific abilities were removed. Night Elf Priest players still use Holy magic because implementing a spec for lore reasons, for a religion which only one race has the ability to invoke within said lore, would be awkward for both lore and gameplay. Not that I understand what the hell Discipline is supposed to reflect.)

But then again, Delas Moonfang explicitly states in the quest that she's been following the teachings of THE LIGHT. Considering the Night Elves have only known about the Light for the past decade or so, we know her studies have been recent rather than in parallel, meaning she's definitely a recent convert since joining the Alliance.
    When you think about it, it really seems more odd that Paladins keep on getting champions who are converts from races who weren't able to be paladins before, like the Nathrezim. You'd think there would have been more (surviving) Paladin NPCs with names throughout our travels...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    tauren to be about the Sun (unfortunately that's not gonna happen because Blizzard said An'she doesn't and never has existed and the tauren are just stupid cows mistaking the Light for some sun deity to parallel Elune)
    Not exactly! While the devs did say that, the Balance Druid's abilities explicitly refer to An'she as the entity fueling their Solar powers. If it was the Light, their powers would be classified as Holy rather than Nature (just like how Elune's powers are Arcane rather than Holy, despite being a goddess responsible for the Naaru).

Given how long ago they said that... well, it wouldn't been the first time they decided to scratch some lore they wrote outside of the game by the time they brought it in.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-09-23 at 09:11 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    There are some spots. The big difference is trying to make them totally different. There are many ways to swing a sword, their are many spells to cast. Unfortunately there is only 1 way to shoot a bow, gun or Xbow.

They could empower them with abilities etc. but the animations would pretty much be the exact same. It would be hard to make them feel unique.
    Not really. A Paladin Archery Spec would be a combination of Light Spells and light-infused Arrows. Yeah, the shooting animation would be the same. Just as it is with auto-attacks except those of the Monks and the Demon Hunters.

I can't believe i am saying this.
    I agree with M-ra on the ranged paladin idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It would be also neat gameplay wise:

Just imagine, a Paladin in full T2, firing salves of holy arrows into the Forsaken.

And you had to ruin it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    And you had to ruin it
    And the Forsaken are like screaming in terror while being slowly burned into oblivion by the arrows burning in righteous fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    False. The first paladins were knights trained in the art of using the light by the clerics of Northshire Abbey. The clerics (priests) themselves did not become paladins, they recruited them.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin
    “I have,” Faol agreed. “I will establish a new branch of the Church, the paladins. I have already selected the first candidates for this order. Some were knights before but others were priests.”
    --Tides of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    So if I roll a Blood elf now, do I not get the Blood Knight Armor or anything? I think I have some of it already, but just not sure if I have all of it.
    You can get the armor, it's just the level 60 PvP gear. Unfortunately, Blizzard instilled a completely unfair restriction that punishes Blood Elf paladins (and Draenei shaman, but who cares about them lol). The restriction is that you can't transmogrify those appearances onto gear. Instead, Blizzard added new "replica" sets sold by merchants at Area 52 in Netherstorm in Outland.

The stipulation is that you can't buy that gear without a crazy high-end PvP rank from Vanilla WoW only accessible to those who were older and smart enough to know how to play video games well, and also had no life. I was an idiot 12-year old kid playing on my dad's account in Vanilla.

It's unfair to Blood Elf paladins because blood elves weren't even added until BC, and the Horde paladin level 60 PvP set was created and added in BC specifically for Blood Knights.

After a while, they changed it to allow people who get a certain rated battleground rating to purchase the xmog replica gear sets, which opens it up for BE paladins, but it's still dumb. I don't wanna open up that can of worms and deal with super tryhards who'll freak out if you don't do everything exactly right and lose.

As their set was added in BC, it's unfair that it's being thrown in together with the restrictions on Vanilla PvP gear.

Unfortunately, there are few look-alikes in-game. There is a belt called "Goblin Girdle" that works perfectly, even better than the actual PvP set piece. There are pants called "Avenger's Greaves" or something like that. You buy those from Halaa in Nagrand in Outland, with Halaa Battle/Research Tokens, which you can get from certain garrison missions now, so you don't have to get a friend to log onto an Alliance toon to come be farmed for kills there. There are gloves called "Gauntlets of the Chosen" I think, but I don't remember where they're from. Look those up on WoWHead to see for sure, but they're even better-looking than the PvP gloves I think.

Finally, the Faceguard of Determination is a quest reward from an early Hellfire Peninsula quest, so if you've ever leveled a toon there, chances are you already have this, and it's an exact model replica of the level 60 PvP headgear, and perfectly xmoggable.

Apart from those, there are no other look-alikes/suitable replacements that match the aesthetic. Some people recommend the Boulderfist set pieces, or Dark Iron shoulders, but none of them match the same black and red. Most of them look faded and more greyish and pinkish and don't match well.

Blood Knight shield is available in a BC dungeon, I don't remember which. Archmage's Guile (1h sword tons of blood knight NPCs use) is a reputation reward from the Shattered Sun Offensive on the Isle of Quel'danas. Blood Knight War Cloak is purchasable from a Naaru in the big middle building of Shattrath for gold, so that's the easiest piece to get.

So you can get the xmoggable replica set through RBGs, or a few good substitutes from other sources, and the rest of the meaningful pieces from dungeons, quests, and vendors.

I've made a few different takes on Blood Knight sets over the years because I'm a fraidycat who doesn't wanna be called mean words by scary strangers on the internet who require voice chat. If you want, I could send screenshots of them, I think they're pretty good.

Deleted
    It works at least for RP, that we can use this armors, but it really sucks that we need ratings for them, yeah. But that's not some blood elf specific problem, it's the same for everyone who wants to use this armors or weapons, and they are still until today really nice looking. Like, I would love to transmog the 60 Alliance PvP Hammer, the violet one, because it fits perfectly with t0,5 and has this nice Paladin Warhammer-look (in fact, Characters like Uther or Paladin Arthas are using the blue version of the hammer).

I would wish for some transmogsets for the different Paladin Orders.

And Blizzard should finally add the possibility to color armors. Every other MMO has this and there are a couple of nice sets were certain parts are missing in this color or that simply have the wrong color scheme. Would kill for some blue-silver T2 for my Silver Hand Paladin.

It works at least for RP, that we can use this armors, but it really sucks that we need ratings for them, yeah. But that's not some blood elf specific problem, it's the same for everyone who wants to use this armors or weapons, and they are still until today really nice looking. Like, I would love to transmog the 60 Alliance PvP Hammer, the violet one, because it fits perfectly with t0,5 and has this nice Paladin Warhammer-look (in fact, Characters like Uther or Paladin Arthas are using the blue version of the hammer).

I would wish for some transmogsets for the different Paladin Orders.

And Blizzard should finally add the possibility to color armors. Every other MMO has this and there are a couple of nice sets were certain parts are missing in this color or that simply have the wrong color scheme. Would kill for some blue-silver T2 for my Silver Hand Paladin.
    I mention Blood Elves specifically, because their set was added in BC, not Vanilla, so the only way a Blood Elf paladin could xmog those when xmog first came out was if they were a hardcore Alliance paladin (which sucked and had pretty much nonexistent dps back then) PvPer in Vanilla and got a faction/race change.

Coloring armor would be really cool, but I dunno. It'd be like adding dungeon finder to just port you to dungeons. It'd get rid of any challenge to look for gear. It'd also probably ruin the economy of the AH, because people could then just get lookalike gear models and just recolor them to, say, the Vanguard plate set, which goes for a lot of money on the AH.

Nobody would ever need to buy anything because chances are, they could find something in their appearances tab that looks better with the desired colors than the gear on the AH. Or if they want something, they could just look it up on WoWHead, see same models, and go get one from an easy quest.

The market for gear below max-level would become completely obsolete and nobody would be able to sell greens they find while leveling. Because these days, nobody really buys pre-max-level gear for many reasons besides xmog, since leveling is so fast, and most people have heirlooms which fill out a ton of slots already.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-09-23 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    I mention Blood Elves specifically, because their set was added in BC, not Vanilla, so the only way a Blood Elf paladin could xmog those when xmog first came out was if they were a hardcore Alliance PvPer in Vanilla and got a faction/race change.

Coloring armor would be really cool, but I dunno. It'd be like adding dungeon finder to just port you to dungeons. It'd get rid of any challenge to look for gear. It'd also probably ruin the economy of the AH, because people could then just get lookalike gear models and just recolor them to, say, the Vanguard plate set, which goes for a lot of money on the AH.
    Not really. It would simply give us players by far more customization, by allowing us to combine armors where the colors didn't fit before. Sets like the slutty armors would remain expensive.

Not really. It would simply give us players by far more customization, by allowing us to combine armors where the colors didn't fit before. Sets like the slutty armors would remain expensive.
    Of course it would be incredibly awesome, and I would never get tired of experimenting with coloring popular paladin tier sets like Judgement to be Blood Knight set colors, but I mean it would mess up the xmog gear market which is the only thing keeping the pre-max level market going.

The slutty armors, for the most part, have same model gear from dungeons or quest rewards, so they would not remain expensive because people could just go kill a boss easily as max-level from a level 50 dungeon for a 20% drop chance of the platekini, and recolor it to be Vanguard colors, rather than farm for however long it'd take to find a 0.001% drop chance platekini.

Like, if I can just walk up to a tree, kick it gently, and get a bushel full of perfect delicious apples for relatively no effort on my part, I'd never go to the store to pay $2/lb for Honeycrisp Apples ever again.

Deleted
    Of course it would be incredibly awesome, and I would never get tired of experimenting with coloring popular paladin tier sets like Judgement to be Blood Knight set colors, but I mean it would mess up the xmog gear market which is the only thing keeping the pre-max level market going.

The slutty armors, for the most part, have same model gear from dungeons or quest rewards, so they would not remain expensive because people could just go kill a boss easily as max-level from a level 50 dungeon for a 20% drop chance of the platekini, and recolor it to be Vanguard colors, rather than farm for however long it'd take to find a 0.001% drop chance platekini.

Like, if I can just walk up to a tree, kick it gently, and get a bushel full of perfect delicious apples for relatively no effort on my part, I'd never go to the store to pay $2/lb for Honeycrisp Apples ever again.
    WouldnT care much, the Xmog-Market is a pain in the ass for Roleplayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The two ongoing threads about Delas Moonfang and Night Elven Paladins were merged.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    If Blizz would add Race Animations, Blade of Turalyon and Guardian of the Ancient Kings for every spec, the Paladin Mechanics could work for Wardens.

I've thought before a ranged archery spec for Paladins would be lovely, but honestly, if they were going fourth spec and adding ranged to melee classes, warriors would end up the archers and Paladins would end up with something more overtly "shockadin".

If Blizz would add Race Animations, Blade of Turalyon and Guardian of the Ancient Kings for every spec, the Paladin Mechanics could work for Wardens.
    Warden's don't even use light based spells. How the hell will wardens be Night Elf paladins?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Warden's don't even use light based spells. How the hell will wardens be Night Elf paladins?
    I spoke about mechanics. And I guess we don't now how Warden spells work. In the Corebooks it was described that they gain their powers through faith in Justice, so it could be a mix of Light and Shadow, but we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much all classes that can be priests should also have the choice to be paladin imo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..