Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the addon recommendation. Makes it a lot easier helping people in LFD.

(It's not the tool that's to blame, it's the tool wielding it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd tell them to go f themselves and then /drop group.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we seriously come up with better ways to complain about things then calling everything cancer? On topic, it sounds like the people using the addon in this case are the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem was the people that kicked you, not the addon for providing information.

Man, could you have made the thread title any more hyperbolic there? Sheesh

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The problem was the people that kicked you, not the addon for providing information.

Man, could you have made the thread title any more hyperbolic there? Sheesh
    Toxic behavior doesn't spawn from addons, but there's a history of addons in the game that have exacerbated extant problems within the community, and the eventual response from Blizz is usually to break them.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically Personal Loot is the cancer, this is just a horrible symptom of it.

personal loot is the best loot system out there bar none. the issue isnt personal loot it is that those greedy ninjas are pissed of they cant ninja shit anymore and are trying to develop new methods to steal shit. thats all that is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Of course I did. I managed to right-click -> inspect before trade, and I managed to do it again after he disenchanted.
    Do you recall the spec he was playing and the stats on both pieces of gear?

If you didn't ask him if he needed it, you only have your fault to blame if he decided to disenchant it. Who knows, maybe this guy is a scummy person who wears lower ilvl stuff in hopes to get enchanting mats. It's just as likely that the item you gave him had bad stats and an ilvl increase doesn't mean it's an upgrade.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty much why I don't run five man content without at least two other people from the guild. Not to be dicks to other people but for some form of protection against assholes with assholeish entitlement issues.

If I don't need it, I will trade it. If I need it, I won't trade it. Simple as that.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Do you recall the spec he was playing and the stats on both pieces of gear?

If you didn't ask him if he needed it, you only have your fault to blame if he decided to disenchant it. Who knows, maybe this guy is a scummy person who wears lower ilvl stuff in hopes to get enchanting mats. It's just as likely that the item you gave him had bad stats and an ilvl increase doesn't mean it's an upgrade.
    I am a dk too and I know what the stats are. Of course I asked. Jesus, why else would I tell the tale here...

It's amazing to me casuals have complaints like this in the very place.

Get in a guild with decent people. Run dungeons with them. Profit.

You never have to worry about getting kicked, running dungeons with idiots, or any of the other crybaby things people whine and complain about. Not to mention you can stack certain gear types in your group and funnel gear to each other so everyone gets geared faster. It's what my guild did.

Playing this game alone and only dealing with random fucknuts is the cancer, but it is a suiting punishment for trying to solo a multiplayer game.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    ^

You seem to fit the description of cancer.

But solo multiplayer game is what most people want. Game systems should be designed around that.

Deleted
    Never play with other people in World of Warcraft, that single factor is the worst part of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had positive experiences with this addon. A few piece of gear I picked up, a few others I gave away. It's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Toxic behavior doesn't spawn from addons, but there's a history of addons in the game that have exacerbated extant problems within the community, and the eventual response from Blizz is usually to break them.
    good ol' gear score
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

When these sorts of addons post their output to chat that's where it creates conflict. If the output showed you who could use loot that you've won but don't need without printing it to chat then it wouldn't be as likely to wind people up.

Generally you'll already know if something is an upgrade for you that someone else has had, so maybe it could also show you if that item is a probable downgrade or duplicate for them. Even then though it's up to them.

The way it's currently designed it feels like less of a charitable thing and more something for busybodies and item beggars. I don't think that was the intention of the creator, but I do think it's a consequence of the way the information is output to group chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    I am a dk too and I know what the stats are. Of course I asked. Jesus, why else would I tell the tale here...
    Your story only told us that you gave someone a piece of gear and they disenchanted it... we have NOTHING else to go on, so by me asking these questions we can understand more and come to the conclusion that this particular player may be scummy for disenchanting an item which was an upgrade.

The way you're acting when asked simple questions makes me think your story is full of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the plus side, the addon has turned the disenchant button into a mic drop.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Personal loot should be personal and not tradeable.
    Class-stacking was yesterday, now it's cloth-stacking.
    That is a player problem.
    It is a sad state things are in when blizzard has to step in to fix player behaviour,
    There is only so much they can do that before there isn't a game left.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Your story only told us that you gave someone a piece of gear and they disenchanted it... we have NOTHING else to go on, so by me asking these questions we can understand more and come to the conclusion that this particular player may be scummy for disenchanting an item which was an upgrade.

The way you're acting when asked simple questions makes me think your story is full of it.
    It was a light-hearted anecdote and not an essay competition. Make of it what you will.